Any Vintage Car Experts Here Who Can Help Me Out?

Bombdirt

This old headlight is from an online auction in my area. I went ahead and dropped a few bucks on it for the hell of it. Are there any car guys/gals out there who might have a ballpark idea of what year/make it could fit? I know the pictures are kind of craptacular, but they're all I've got at the moment. 

53432247.jpg

IMG_20150902_120307_280.thumb.jpg.4b1866IMG_20150902_120320_061.thumb.jpg.72acc7

I noticed the 323 at the top of the lens, what word is at the bottom of the lens ?

Not sure. I'll be able to get a better look at all the markings and stuff tomorrow when I go pick it up; I'll let you know if I can see any other words. 

For all I know, it could be off an old tractor or something. This is farmland flyover country, after all. :-)

Okay, I went and picked it up today. The bottom of the lens says "Sealed Beam Guide Made in U.S.A." I don't really see any other markings offhand. The front looks pretty good, but the cord and the back are kind of ratty. Still pretty cool-looking, though. 

I wonder if it was meant to fit a car or a tractor--or if there's any way to tell. Even if it's crappy and doesn't work I'm only out a few bucks, so no big deal. 

You wouldn't make a whole hell of a lot even if it was off a really fancy high end vehicle. They're only 40-100 bucks depending on condition. It's old, that's for sure. I'm betting it's a car, not a tractor. But short of it actually having the make and model printed somewhere on it you'll never know. Throw it up on a shelf with some other cool auto artifacts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived