Defensive End Mike Catapano Added to Practice Squad

JetNation

By Glenn Naughton   With an open spot still remaining on their practice squad, the Jets announced the addition of defensive lineman Mike Catapano who was waived earlier this week by the Kansas City Chiefs. Catapano, a local product from Bayville, NJ played his college football at Princeton before being drafted in the 7th round […]

Click here to read the full story...

This kid is better than people think.  He is a very explosive athlete who ran a 40 time in todays workout that may be the best in the NFL for a guy who weighs 290.  He's a dangerous pass rusher.  

Because NFL teams love cutting cheap dangerous pass rushers.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because NFL teams love cutting cheap dangerous pass rushers.......

great players get cut...wasn't much need for a pass rusher with Justin Houston, Tamba Hali who you are paying tens of millions to and Dee Ford who you just drafted in the first round.  Catapano has talent but he was being wasted in KC as an interior lineman.  He's an edge rusher

My guess is you're from Bayville. Maybe you know the kid. Maybe you know his parents. Maybe you're his illegitimate father in secret. All of those would be far more believable than a 7th round pick that got cut and only picked up to one of 32 teams practice squad currently being a "dangerous pass rusher"

Maybe someday he might be. Unlikely, but I won't crush your dreams for the kid. But he is not currently a dangerous pass rusher.

My guess is you're from Bayville. Maybe you know the kid. Maybe you know his parents. Maybe you're his illegitimate father in secret. All of those would be far more believable than a 7th round pick that got cut and only picked up to one of 32 teams practice squad currently being a "dangerous pass rusher"

Maybe someday he might be. Unlikely, but I won't crush your dreams for the kid. But he is not currently a dangerous pass rusher.

Everything great in life is unlikely.  No I am not from Bayville but I have followed this kid's career since college.   Think what you want but he's dangerous now. 

By the way...there was another great Jets player with the last name Snell who came from Long Island about 40 years ago.  He went to school with my aunt.  It would be nice to see another long island player on the Jets.  Lets see if he is promoted to the 53 or if another team grabs him first.....personally I hope its the Jets.  

I get what you're saying, and I can see you have an attachment to the kid. Dangerous pass rushers are at a huge premium in the NFL. They don't last until the 7th round, they don't get cut, and they don't only get picked up to some team's practice squad. Truth be told even with how great our DL is none of them are dangerous pass rushers. I'll give you that the kid has potential to become one someday. So do a lot of players. Very few realize that potential. For every Cameron Wake there's a thousand guys we've never heard of. Here's to hoping this kid becomes Cameron Wake.

I get what you're saying, and I can see you have an attachment to the kid. Dangerous pass rushers are at a huge premium in the NFL. They don't last until the 7th round, they don't get cut, and they don't only get picked up to some team's practice squad. Truth be told even with how great our DL is none of them are dangerous pass rushers. I'll give you that the kid has potential to become one someday. So do a lot of players. Very few realize that potential. For every Cameron Wake there's a thousand guys we've never heard of. Here's to hoping this kid becomes Cameron Wake.

james harrison is another.  not likely but hey you never know

Archived