Bradford/Eagles contract talks break down

AFJF

Notable because Cimini saying Bradford was a player the Jets were going to target during the off-season.  If he stays healthy in Philly this year and decides to test free agency, could be a Jet.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13615377/extension-talks-sam-bradford-eagles-break-down

The Philadelphia Eagles and quarterback Sam Bradford have suspended contract negotiations attempting to commit him to the team beyond the 2015 season, league sources told ESPN on Wednesday.

The source said Bradford's incredible preseason success changed the negotiating dynamics.

It has become too expensive for the Eagles to negotiate an additional year or two after Bradford went 10-for-10 with three touchdown passes in Chip Kelly's offense in his final performance of the preseason.

So despite his injury history, Bradford is prepared to play this season with no contract beyond this year and establish his market value as an NFL starter.

This guy is either gutsy or delusional, considering he's made out of tissue paper.

He's got enough money to retire if he wants should he get injured again...if he stays healthy, he'll double it.  Smart kid.

He's got enough money to retire if he wants should he get injured again...if he stays healthy, he'll double it.  Smart kid.

Any QB playing in Chip's offense will be injured. Bradford should demand a trade or pretend to get hurt before he gets killed. I predict he's out by week 3, and that Tebow is back and playing at some point. This offence is just not meant for the NFL.

Any QB playing in Chip's offense will be injured. Bradford should demand a trade or pretend to get hurt before he gets killed. I predict he's out by week 3, and that Tebow is back and playing at some point. This offence is just not meant for the NFL.

LMFAO, I swear, every day new posters that are even more nuts then the last.   Or just stupid as hell.

Hold their balls to the fire.  He was 13-15 with 3 TDs and 0 INTs in the preseason and they gave up Foles and a 2nd for a 1 year rental?!?!?

he has all the leverage today, obviously.  Let him walk and see how quick Philly is up Chips back door and Chip is on the back page as a sad story...

Personally I think it would be insane not to go after him if he plays well and healthy this season.

good QB's simply don't get to free agency.  If one does and you don't have one you push all your chips in.  If he gets hurt then you're right back where you started- looking for a QB, a broker but who cares, because you can't win a SB without that position.

It's funny everyone talked the same about Brees before he signed with the Saints, and I don't think he missed a game since due to injury.

Brees was only hurt once, on a fluke play.  It was just no one knew how his shoulder would respond.   40 bajillion yards later, it looks OK.

Brees was only hurt once, on a fluke play.  It was just no one knew how his shoulder would respond.   40 bajillion yards later, it looks OK.

he was also injured in 2003, people forget one of Bradfords injuries was on a nasty horse collar tackle out of bounds late that would probably torn anyones knee.  I'm not gonna say it's not concerning, but the talent is so high I'd be willing to gamble on paying him, but that's me.

I see it the other way.  QBs running around as a runner can get destroyed legally. 

Absolutely. Put the QB on the move outside the pocket, and run twice as many plays. Between fatigue, and shear number of chances to be hit it's far more dangerous. Why do you think no one else runs this offense in the NFL? We've already seen the evidence. He needs at least 3 durable, athletic QBs to run this.

Absolutely. Put the QB on the move outside the pocket, and run twice as many plays. Between fatigue, and shear number of chances to be hit it's far more dangerous. Why do you think no one else runs this offense in the NFL? We've already seen the evidence. He needs at least 3 durable, athletic QBs to run this.

it's a good thing Kelly only kept 2 qb' son the roster one of which is an eggshell

Archived