FanDuel - Week One JetNation League

Maxman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time doing this and I'm hooked. 5th place for one week netted me $140? That's nuts. Will be doing it every week.  

Nice.

Just so you know, it's possible that FanDuel right-sizes the contest they set up for us. So, this past week may have been the only that'll pay out in that format, but last year even after they right-sized the contests they were still too good to pass up on.

We'll see what they do... a few more weeks like this one would be awesome.

I almost exclusively play the JN contests. There are some pretty key strategies to avoid having your money taken by the professionals in the other contests. I haven't had time the last 2 years to figure that all out... hopefully this year I can.

Nice.

Just so you know, it's possible that FanDuel right-sizes the contest they set up for us. So, this past week may have been the only that'll pay out in that format, but last year even after they right-sized the contests they were still too good to pass up on.

We'll see what they do... a few more weeks like this one would be awesome.

I almost exclusively play the JN contests. There are some pretty key strategies to avoid having your money taken by the professionals in the other contests. I haven't had time the last 2 years to figure that all out... hopefully this year I can.

Oh I certainly don't expect to win each week, but just simply putting $10 on a league each week is plenty of fun for me. When you're in med school and your net worth is negative, winning anything gives you a ton of excitement lol.

Also, what does right-size mean? Also, professionals? God damned commie-bastards. 

Oh I certainly don't expect to win each week, but just simply putting $10 on a league each week is plenty of fun for me. When you're in med school and your net worth is negative, winning anything gives you a ton of excitement lol.

Also, what does right-size mean? Also, professionals? God damned commie-bastards. 

I don't think you're worthless, Gene.

there are thousands of dudes who make that site their sole source of income.  I would never consider playing outside of the jn league unless i wanted to dedicate at least 20 hours of prep.  Even then youre odds of winning anything significant are super slim.

Right-size = when FanDuel realizes their contest is designed to pay out 200 people and only 150 are entering, they may re-size the contest to be more appropriate to the sign-up count... or they may not. Remains to be seen.

As for the pro's: http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/media_entertainment/for_daily_fantasy_sports_operators_the_curse_of_too_much_skill

Just saw the email showing what the perfect (Max value) lineup was this week. Of them, Mariota, Hyde, Nuke Hopkins, Eifert, and Keenan Allen were each owned in less that 5% of teams selected. Julio Jones was the only player to deliver on his initial cost. Game is maddening. 

Just saw the email showing what the perfect (Max value) lineup was this week. Of them, Mariota, Hyde, Nuke Hopkins, Eifert, and Keenan Allen were each owned in less that 5% of teams selected. Julio Jones was the only player to deliver on his initial cost. Game is maddening. 

... and now, people will chase those points in this weeks lineups. 

From what I understand it is given to you gradually as you spend your money. This is to avoid people signing up and then just withdrawing free money and also doing it on multiple accounts.

You get 0.04 per every dollar you enter into a contest.

Archived