Jets Ticket Prices on Stubhub

Lot K Tailgaters

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...I jus took a look for myself and I gotta' say, knowing what I paid for my tickets to the opener,I nearly puked, but I hope it stays like that all season.  Under $100 for field level?  I'll take it.

In a typical week on Stubhub there are usually 8,000 seats for sale the week of a home game, but usually by Thursday that number is halved and by Friday it's down to 2,500. 

There seems to be lower than normal interest in seeing the Jets.  You could say that it's because the Browns have no value, but it our home opener on a mostly sunny 75 degree day with a brand new HC and some good FA pickups.  Just tells you how low this franchise has fallen since Rex Ryan destroyed us, going to take awhile to build it back up.  That, or 5,000 blue-collar old timer burping farting carpetbagging ex-season ticket holders retired to Florida or passed away.

SAR I

In a typical week on Stubhub there are usually 8,000 seats for sale the week of a home game, but usually by Thursday that number is halved and by Friday it's down to 2,500. 

There seems to be lower than normal interest in seeing the Jets.  You could say that it's because the Browns have no value, but it our home opener on a mostly sunny 75 degree day with a brand new HC and some good FA pickups.  Just tells you how low this franchise has fallen since Rex Ryan destroyed us, going to take awhile to build it back up.  That, or 5,000 blue-collar old timer burping farting carpetbagging ex-season ticket holders retired to Florida or passed away.

SAR I

get the fans excited about a qb, prices go up.  excitement for revis, cro and marshall < woody for mariotta 

SAR I

It's more than 5,000.  Biggest problem is the Jets sell a LOT of their tickets to brokers and liquidators for VERY cheap prices.  90% of the tickets you get off Stubhub say "Dynasty" "Dynasty Sports and Entertainment" "S4K" or "S4K Marketing Group" 

They are a bad team. This is supply and demand in action. 

Maybe. But even in 2009 and 2010 and 2011 it was tough to unload tickets.  That being said, this year was the first time I've ever had to sell my opening day tickets and the lack of interest was eye opening. Luckily I got rid of them for a little under face. PSL Gold baby.

Maybe. But even in 2009 and 2010 and 2011 it was tough to unload tickets.  That being said, this year was the first time I've ever had to sell my opening day tickets and the lack of interest was eye opening. Luckily I got rid of them for a little under face. PSL Gold baby.

maybe the cost + having redzone at home is finally catching up to people.  that said if the jets had drafted mariotta there would be more interest.

They are a bad team. This is supply and demand in action. 

I agree, and I got hit last year for games I couldn't attend, hard to give away some of the seats to some games.

But....

Opening Day

Easy Opponent

1PM

Sunny Skies

75 Degrees

New HC/GM/Revis No Geno

If there are still 5,000+ tickets on Stubhub on Saturday this is a shift in fan behavior that's very different than past years.  No matter how bad the Jets were, opening day 1PM was always a hot ticket.

SAR I

121000_pc.jpg

Just figured it out. 

SAR I

I agree, and I got hit last year for games I couldn't attend, hard to give away some of the seats to some games.

But....

Opening Day

Easy Opponent

1PM

Sunny Skies

75 Degrees

New HC/GM/Revis No Geno

If there are still 5,000+ tickets on Stubhub on Saturday this is a shift in fan behavior that's very different than past years.  No matter how bad the Jets were, opening day 1PM was always a hot ticket.

SAR I

Bigger HDTV's and new leather massage chairs from the Healthy Back store. 

maybe the cost + having redzone at home is finally catching up to people.  that said if the jets had drafted mariotta there would be more interest.

Definitely agree with your first reason. The second reason is a possibility but hardly a slam dunk. More interest, yes. But doubt they'd sell out anyway.

It's too much of an ordeal to get in & out of there. In doesn't bother me since we like pre-game tailgating. But after the game's over? I just want to go home, not hang out in the parking lot for an hour or more to avoid traffic that's more infuriating than the game I just watched. Even more so when the nice weather disappears. It's just too comfortable and pleasant to not go to the stadium even if it's a great/exciting game and the team's on fire.

For me it just isn't worth the trip anymore. It seems lots of people feel this way. 

Definitely agree with your first reason. The second reason is a possibility but hardly a slam dunk. More interest, yes. But doubt they'd sell out anyway.

It's too much of an ordeal to get in & out of there. In doesn't bother me since we like pre-game tailgating. But after the game's over? I just want to go home, not hang out in the parking lot for an hour or more to avoid traffic that's more infuriating than the game I just watched. Even more so when the nice weather disappears. It's just too comfortable and pleasant to not go to the stadium even if it's a great/exciting game and the team's on fire.

For me it just isn't worth the trip anymore. It seems lots of people feel this way. 

i ask myself, would i go if geno were starting.  no.  would i go if the jets drafted winston or mariotta and it's their first nfl start.  that may tip the scales.  but even so i'm aware of what i'm spending (esp. if you take the whole family) and you're also missing half the 4pm games.  even while watching the jet game you can have redzone on a different tv.  the home experience is pretty good now.

It's more than 5,000.  Biggest problem is the Jets sell a LOT of their tickets to brokers and liquidators for VERY cheap prices.  90% of the tickets you get off Stubhub say "Dynasty" "Dynasty Sports and Entertainment" "S4K" or "S4K Marketing Group" 

as i have said on JI, this is a very bad long term move.  I guess they figure they have all the lower level guys locked in and don't care. 

i can't sell my club seats for even half of face.

i ask myself, would i go if geno were starting.  no.  would i go if the jets drafted winston or mariotta and it's their first nfl start.  that may tip the scales.  but even so i'm aware of what i'm spending (esp. if you take the whole family) and you're also missing half the 4pm games.  even while watching the jet game you can have redzone on a different tv.  the home experience is pretty good now.

I ask myself if I would go if we just picked up Aaron Rodgers and the tickets were free. And even to that impossible, imaginary scenario, I still have to honestly say the best answer you'd get out of me is maybe.

Despite the hyperbole around here, that suggests he's just about the worst QB in NFL history, we've definitely had worse QBs than Geno Smith. And I attended a good number of games with such men behind center.

Has nothing to do with the QB. I just don't want to go to the stadium anymore.

as i have said on JI, this is a very bad long term move.  I guess they figure they have all the lower level guys locked in and don't care. 

i can't sell my club seats for even half of face.

Club Seats will never get back to face, the aftermarket fans are looking for a deal and those in the sections adjacent make the Club's look way overpriced.  They aren't interested in carpeting and private bathrooms; they just want in the door on the cheap.

SAR I

Cost and convenience our the factors driving some fans away- for me it was not worth the hassle to go to all games with the weird days and times  and losing practically the whole day for it.

It's hard, that's a fact.

I live 25 minutes from the stadium and I have zero traffic (Bergen County rocks) but even for me it's a very long day.  Have to leave by 10:30 to get a good parking spot by 11:00.  Hang around for 2 hours until kickoff.  Game ends at 4:15 and I'm in the car by 4:25 and home by 5:00.

That's 6 1/2 hours, that's practically a full working day where my wife has to hold the bag and get the kids to soccer, dance, playdates, etc.  If they'd just kill those tailgaters I'd be able to cruise up at 12:45 and get 2 of those hours back.

SAR I

I live 25 minutes from the stadium and I have zero traffic (Bergen County rocks) but even for me it's a very long day.  Have to leave by 10:30 to get a good parking spot by 11:00.  Hang around for 2 hours until kickoff.  Game ends at 4:15 and I'm in the car by 4:25 and home by 5:00.

That's 6 1/2 hours, that's practically a full working day where my wife has to hold the bag and get the kids to soccer, dance, playdates, etc.  If they'd just kill those tailgaters I'd be able to cruise up at 12:45 and get 2 of those hours back.

SAR I

Tailgate lives matter....

SAR I

Green Parking Passes = Problem solved.

Green Parking Passes = Problem solved.

I have them.  But if you get there after 12:00 there is a 50/50 shot they tell you Lot E is full and make you choose another lot which destroys my exit strategy at the end of the game.  Lot E means I have to get there by 11:30 at the latest, I've gotten re-routed thereafter too often.

SAR I

I have them.  But if you get there after 12:00 there is a 50/50 shot they tell you Lot E is full and make you choose another lot which destroys my exit strategy at the end of the game.  Lot E means I have to get there by 11:30 at the latest, I've gotten re-routed thereafter too often.

SAR I

Got it!

I do Lot G.

In and out off the Turnpike.

Archived