Tomlin's Presser

Maxman

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They may not have missed 22 FGs but it was a lot. 9 FGs equals 27 points. pats scored 4 TDs for 28 and put the brakes on the last 8 min. Steelers couldn't stop them at that point.

I think it was 22 field goals they missed. I will watch the game again but that is how I remember it.

Here's Tomlin's exchange with reporters when asked about the headset issues:

Tomlin: "That's always the case."

Reporter: "Here?"

Tomlin: "Yes."

Reporter: "You're saying that every time you play here, you-"

Tomlin: "I said what I said."

Reporter: "What exactly happened? You just didn't have any communication?"

Tomlin: "We were listening to the Patriots radio broadcast for the majority of the first half -- on our headsets."

Reporter: "Coach to coach, or coach to quarterback?"

Tomlin: "Coach to coach."

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/09/mike_tomlin_furious_about_pitt.html

Tomlin: "We were listening to the Patriots radio broadcast for the majority of the first half -- on our headsets."

WOW!! 

They may not have missed 22 FGs but it was a lot. 9 FGs equals 27 points. pats scored 4 TDs for 28 and put the brakes on the last 8 min. Steelers couldn't stop them at that point.

That's what happens when you trade for Josh Scobee to be your kicker........I understand they were kind of up against it with Suisham & Hartley getting hurt - but I would have signed a UDFA kicker before I would have traded for Scobee - poor decision by the Steeler's front office.

Unfreakin believable...I wonder just how much play this will get on the major networks.

"Tomlin was angry after the game, complaining that coaches couldn't communicate because they were hearing the Patriots radio broadcast over their headsets. Patriots coaches also complained about similar troubles. The league said it was a temporary problem caused in part by the weather. For years, opposing teams have complained about having headset problems in Gillette Stadium."

Unfreakin believable...I wonder just how much play this will get on the major networks.

It's gonna be big I think.  Chris Collinsworth was saying last night that this was not a good start for NE to have this happen game one after the controversy.

I personally believe this to be a a deliberate F-U to the entire NFL and it's fans by NE and they simply do not care. The biggest shi*t bags (no offense peebag) in the league.

This Franchise is built on cheating...it's taught!

Headsets go out.

How about the defense simulating snap by having 3 guys shift on a goaline play? Guarantee you one of them yelled hike or something & that's why Ben was screaming at the refs. Belichick teaches these situational plays & they keep getting away with because they are ahead of the stupid refs & Belichick knows this. How about the pick plays? Sure everyone has it in the playbook but does any team run it as often as the Pats? Gronk literally stopped & spread himself out like a blocker, luckily Brady overthrew Amendola but my god the NFL has got to start calling the BLATENT ones that every knowledgable fan can see on replays.

I also think NFL execs and coaches have been muzzled and not allowed to give their true opinions and concerns on what happens when facing the patriots...I think that was the first presser where someone has felt they can speak the truth on what happens when you face the Patriots. ..

This Franchise is built on cheating...it's taught!

Headsets go out.

How about the defense simulating snap by having 3 guys shift on a goaline play? Guarantee you one of them yelled hike or something & that's why Ben was screaming at the refs. Belichick teaches these situational plays & they keep getting away with because they are ahead of the stupid refs & Belichick knows this. How about the pick plays? Sure everyone has it in the playbook but does any team run it as often as the Pats? Gronk literally stopped & spread himself out like a blocker, luckily Brady overthrew Amendola but my god the NFL has got to start calling the BLATENT ones that every knowledgable fan can see on replays.

To answer your last question . . . the Broncos.  The refs swallow their whistles for them too.

Archived