Tomlin's Presser

Maxman

The headsets and Bens sniveling about formations.

Never thought I would see the day where the Steelers are whiny beeches. They don't make steel anymore in Pitt. They make tampax.

And now their coaches are lashing out with unprovoked assaults on our genteel, peace-loving, and completely sober fans!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13630481/pittsburgh-steelers-assistant-james-daniel-being-investigated-nfl-allegedly-assaulting-patriots-fan

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It must really suck to be a Pats fan right now. Here they are the winningest franchise in the history of the sports universe and they're the only ones who believe that it's all on the up and up, the REST of the WORLD knows differently, knows the TRUTH, that they are the CHEATINGEST franchise in the history of the sports universe and by the end of this year their karma will have caught up...in the words of somebody, I forget his name but not the words he spoke "CAN'T WAIT!!" 

The headsets and Bens sniveling about formations.

Never thought I would see the day where the Steelers are whiny beeches. They don't make steel anymore in Pitt. They make tampax.

They now join the Ravens and Indy.  All are chicken sh*t in my book.  

If you want to deal with cheating?  Beat the tar out of the Pats and Bellicheat on the field.  Don't complain to the refs or league like a puss.

I could almost buy their excuses if the headsets went down.  But how or why would they get the radio broadcast because of weather?  And why should poor weather change anything, the equipment is indoors, not sitting in the rain shorting out? 

and why would it start to magically work when the NFL employees got there and then stop working once they left?  that can't be true.

that if true is a very disturbing sign.

Judge Berman said the Pats did nothing wrong.

That's good enough for me.

No he did not. The court case in NO WAY ruled on the evidence or guilt of Brady just the procedures the NFL took and whether they matched the CBA. Smart non chowds understand that. You seem to not get that there was no vindication in the ruling whatsoever.

I almost feel bad for pats* fans*.  belicheat has robbed you of your bragging rights for life. ( he will go into the HOF becuase nobody wants to admit the trophies are worthless, because of the all-mighty dollar)

but 40 years from now, if you try to puff out your chest and brag about the pats*, everyone will laugh at you and say "doesn't count dude, they cheated"

We know jets know all about tripping kick returners..

Yes, his name was Sal Alosi, and he was fired.

Meanwhile, your infamous snow plow is still hanging up in commemoration at Gillette Stadium.

GFY

For the record, I agree that Tomlin is a slimy prick, but that doesn't preclude Belichick from being one, too.

I almost feel bad for pats* fans*.  belicheat has robbed you of your bragging rights for life. ( he will go into the HOF becuase nobody wants to admit the trophies are worthless, because of the all-mighty dollar)

but 40 years from now, if you try to puff out your chest and brag about the pats*, everyone will laugh at you and say "doesn't count dude, they cheated"

The winning, Brady and all the trophies could have been yours if the Jets didn't steal Curtis Martin and Parcells from Kraft.

The Buttfumble,, " Play to win the game", Mangina, Genos negative 25 QB rating all would have never happened.

The winning, Brady and all the trophies could have been yours if the Jets didn't steal Curtis Martin and Parcells from Kraft.

The Buttfumble,, " Play to win the game", Mangina, Genos negative 25 QB rating all would have never happened.

right I'm sure Belichick would have won all those Super Bowls with Neil O'Donnel and Glenn Foley

With under two minutes to go in the second half of a one-point game, Robert Griffin III's helmet communicator 'malfunctioned'. That didn't prevent him from marching down the field, as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers gave up a few easy completions to lose the games, but it's a familiar sight around the NFL. In late, close games, the helmet communicators of visiting teams suddenly 'malfunction'. They stop working.

Santana Moss certainly didn't think it was a coincidence that Griffin's connection to the sideline cut out at the most crucial moment in a hostile stadium. After the game, he essentially accused the Buccaneers of cheating, via Yahoo! Sports.

Go back just one week, and Josh Freeman experienced the same problem in Dallas. On third-and-9 just before the two-minute warning, the fourth-year quarterback called a running play to get something off. That play-call was baffling, but it was caused by a 'malfunctoning' helmet communicator. We've all read stories like that before, and they're not isolated occurrences.

In October of last year, Mike Martz complained to the Chicago Tribune that they have "always had that problem here for some reason", referring to headset problems after a game in Detroit. Earlier that year, Mark Sanchez had problems when his headset 'malfunctioned' during a close AFC Championship loss to the Pittsburgh Steelersvia ESPN. In 2010, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had the same issue in a close loss to the Atlanta Falcons, one that cost them a spot in the playoffs.

Back to September of last year, and Jason Garrett actually accused the Jets of sabotaging the helmets, via Larry Brown Sports. "It seems to happen a lot on the road. You've just got to fight your way through that." In fact, Larry Brown has a small archive of incidents going back to 2007.

This has been accepted as standard practice in the NFL. You're on the road and the game is close? You're going to have problems with your headset. But this practice hurts the NFL, and it's shocking that this has never been addressed before. The media and coaches still use euphemisms like 'malfunctions' or 'problems' when talking about this issue, even though technology has progressed to a point where this really shouldn't be an issue. And certainly not an issue that is somehow only restricted to the visiting side in the final minutes of close games.

By rule, when a communicator cuts out on one side, the other side will have its communications cut off as well. But it should be obvious that a quarterback and the offense benefit more from the ability to communicate than does the defense, especially in two-minute, hurry-up situations where the defense often plays the same coverage on every snap. The home team tries to take away the advantage of communication through simple cheating.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers cheated yesterday, and still lost the game. But this isn't about the Buccaneers, as they've been the victim of this kind of cheating over and over again themselves. It's about an NFL that refuses to address something that actually hurts the game in subtle ways. Fans are paying for he right to see an athletic contest decided by skill and luck, but not by cheating. When will the NFL address this?

http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/10/1/3437246/bucs-cheat-redskins-how-headset-cheating-is-hurting-the-nfl

Whats funny here is your prior posts, you were drawing the conclusion that "you hate the Pats as much as anybody" then asked: "I'm supposed to believe they conspired with the NFL techs to cost the Steelers the game?". Then you talk about how this happens all over the league as if it may not be that the Pats attempted to cheat. Yet you just posed a link that shows at minimum that these issues around the league have been at key moments of games and have seemed a bit fishy and has been scrutinized and viewed as "cheating methods". 

So by posting this you then DO AGREE that the Pats were up to some shenanegan's. 

You asked "are you supposed to believe they conspired"? Well, letting you talk shows that when it comes to other teams you believe that there is a possiblity given the link you provided. I dont know if thursday night was deliberate or an actual misfunction of the equipment...but you giving these cheaters the benefit of the doubt is rather unnecessary. They've repeatedly gotten away with the cheating that they have done, so it should be okay for fans to be critical of everything they do because they are never dealt with given their cheating ways. 

I guess what im saying is that this was a poor link choice to use when trying to defend essentially, or give benefit of the doubt to a team that is undefendable because they are cheaters. If you "hate the Pats cheating ways as much as anyone" then you should understand that.

It must really suck to be a Pats fan right now. Here they are the winningest franchise in the history of the sports universe and they're the only ones who believe that it's all on the up and up, the REST of the WORLD knows differently, knows the TRUTH, that they are the CHEATINGEST franchise in the history of the sports universe and by the end of this year their karma will have caught up...in the words of somebody, I forget his name but not the words he spoke "CAN'T WAIT!!" 

Yeah. If there's one thing we know about the city of Boston and its residents, it's that they really care about their image. 

NFL basically exonerating the Patriots of any blame, naturally:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000525883/article/league-reacts-to-steelerspatriots-headset-controversy

NFL statement on Steelers-Pats headset controversy

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was clearly unhappy with what he described as an ongoing headset malfunction during Thursday night's season-opener, and suggested it was something that is "always the case" when he plays in Foxborough.

On Friday, the NFL released a statement regarding the matter, via NFL spokesman Michael Signora:

"Technological and stadium infrastructure issues of this type happen at many stadiums around the league and whenever there are issues of this nature, we do a thorough review."

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick also complained of headset issues as well, which were apparently exacerbated by the poor weather conditions. Signora mentioned this in a statement released on Thursday night, seeming to clear the Patriots of any blame in the matter.

With a second statement today, it sounds like the league is just letting everyone know that a standard review is protocol.

"A thorough review". Thats funny. 

Whats funny here is your prior posts, you were drawing the conclusion that "you hate the Pats as much as anybody" then asked: "I'm supposed to believe they conspired with the NFL techs to cost the Steelers the game?". Then you talk about how this happens all over the league as if it may not be that the Pats attempted to cheat. Yet you just posed a link that shows at minimum that these issues around the league have been at key moments of games and have seemed a bit fishy and has been scrutinized and viewed as "cheating methods". 

So by posting this you then DO AGREE that the Pats were up to some shenanegan's. 

You asked "are you supposed to believe they conspired"? Well, letting you talk shows that when it comes to other teams you believe that there is a possiblity given the link you provided. I dont know if thursday night was deliberate or an actual misfunction of the equipment...but you giving these cheaters the benefit of the doubt is rather unnecessary. They've repeatedly gotten away with the cheating that they have done, so it should be okay for fans to be critical of everything they do because they are never dealt with given their cheating ways. 

I guess what im saying is that this was a poor link choice to use when trying to defend essentially, or give benefit of the doubt to a team that is undefendable because they are cheaters. If you "hate the Pats cheating ways as much as anyone" then you should understand that.

Guess what I was trying to show is that these issues have been going on for a long time, and with (probably) all franchises. 

Do I know if the Pats staged (or not) the sound problems on thursday?  Of course not.  But I just have trouble believing that they would do this in the first game after Deflategate, when everyone and their mother at the NFL is looking to catch them at something/anything.  Gun to my head, I don't think they monkeyed with the headset transmission.

Also, didn't the Pats have similar problems during the game?  

Guess what I was trying to show is that these issues have been going on for a long time, and with (probably) all franchises. 

Do I know if the Pats staged (or not) the sound problems on thursday?  Of course not.  But I just have trouble believing that they would do this in the first game after Deflategate, when everyone and their mother at the NFL is looking to catch them at something/anything.  Gun to my head, I don't think they monkeyed with the headset transmission.

Also, didn't the Pats have similar problems during the game?  

They said that they had similar problems during the game via a press conference afterwards, however, it was only the coaching staff of the steelers that brought it to the officials attention while on the field. Seems like the Pats excuse was reactionary to kind of make it seem like "hey, we have the same problems too". 

I live in fairfield cty CT.  I never see pats* gear anymore....the shame is forever.

I still love my guys

Archived