Maxman

Tomlin's Presser

I doubt NFL teams use encrypted transmission for their headsets most likely it's just basic analog which can be jammed by anyone.

Anyone can jam any frequency with the right equipment.  If they are not using any encryption and/or frequency hopping scheme, then anyone can listen in.  And based on their home record, I am sure the Pats do.

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

Yup the pats made the NFL release a statement immediately after going over the incident and their (NFL) protocol. 

N.E. got the nfl in their back pockets!

Gangstas!!

Ha ha..i can't wait til the next game to see what said next.

Edited by ghost_in_pads02

What it really comes down to is no benefit of the doubt should ever be given to That Team.  If a meteor hits the field and interrupts an opponent's play, the working assumption will be that Belichick ordered it. Burden is now on That Team to prove that they didn't have something to do with it.  This isn't a court of law. It's life when you have a sh*t reputation.

**** Mike Tomlin.

He should be upset that he took his team to Foxboro and had them come out looking like one of the least prepared teams in the league in the opening game of the season. The only reason the Steelers were even in this game is because the Patriots defense isn't any good, and Ben can go off-script to extend plays.

As for the headsets, you gotta figure the Patriots have made an extensive investment in stealing hand signs. If you remove the radio, it forces teams to use hand signs as a primary means of communication. If you are fresh off of a cheating scandal, but want to be able to keep cheating, then you go right back to it - then be prepared to cry that you've experienced the exact same problems. So that it gets blown off as a technical problem, not foul play.

The problem, and why it is totally unbelievable that Belichick has always had the same problem, is that Bill has shown that if ANYTHING causes him disadvantage he furiously fixes it. We saw this first hand when the muddy field caused them to lose to Mangini's Jets, the next day, new turf was installed. So, nobody for a second should believe that Belichick's always experienced radio problems (just like his opponents) in his home games. He wouldn't stand for it, just like he wouldn't stand for not knowing about the deflated balls.

I'll give him one thing... he's an extremely tactical liar.

you assume it is a disadvantage but it is actually an advantage for him since he has prepared for this, other teams can prepare for it like you said, with hand signals, but they have stolen the hand signals...

They remind me of the mafia during it's last days when Gotti was still in charge. Arrogant to the nth degree, with the attitude that they can do whatever they want because nobody can EVER touch them. And I know that politics is a no no and all, but I also can see a correlation between the way that this New England team from it's owners all the way down to it's fans is acting in the same way a political party can "fix" the system so they can always win. That's as far as I'll go.... 

NFL basically exonerating the Patriots of any blame, naturally:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000525883/article/league-reacts-to-steelerspatriots-headset-controversy

NFL statement on Steelers-Pats headset controversy

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was clearly unhappy with what he described as an ongoing headset malfunction during Thursday night's season-opener, and suggested it was something that is "always the case" when he plays in Foxborough.

On Friday, the NFL released a statement regarding the matter, via NFL spokesman Michael Signora:

"Technological and stadium infrastructure issues of this type happen at many stadiums around the league and whenever there are issues of this nature, we do a thorough review."

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick also complained of headset issues as well, which were apparently exacerbated by the poor weather conditions. Signora mentioned this in a statement released on Thursday night, seeming to clear the Patriots of any blame in the matter.

With a second statement today, it sounds like the league is just letting everyone know that a standard review is protocol.

Edited by Jetsfan80

NFL basically exonerating the Patriots of any blame, naturally:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000525883/article/league-reacts-to-steelerspatriots-headset-controversy

NFL statement on Steelers-Pats headset controversy

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was clearly unhappy with what he described as an ongoing headset malfunction during Thursday night's season-opener, and suggested it was something that is "always the case" when he plays in Foxborough.

On Friday, the NFL released a statement regarding the matter, via NFL spokesman Michael Signora:

"Technological and stadium infrastructure issues of this type happen at many stadiums around the league and whenever there are issues of this nature, we do a thorough review."

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick also complained of headset issues as well, which were apparently exacerbated by the poor weather conditions. Signora mentioned this in a statement released on Thursday night, seeming to clear the Patriots of any blame in the matter.

With a second statement today, it sounds like the league is just letting everyone know that a standard review is protocol.

I could almost buy their excuses if the headsets went down.  But how or why would they get the radio broadcast because of weather?  And why should poor weather change anything, the equipment is indoors, not sitting in the rain shorting out? 

I could almost buy their excuses if the headsets went down.  But how or why would they get the radio broadcast because of weather?  And why should poor weather change anything, the equipment is indoors, not sitting in the rain shorting out? 

Belichick be Belichick-ing.

Belichick be Belichick-ing.

Exactly.  He's built up a program that has lots of little annoying things that add to trying to win.  He's going for the one thing isn't enough to change the game but taken together goes in some part to explaining how their home record is so amazingly lopsided.

Absolutely SPOT on!

"We can do anything we want here in Gillette Stadium, cause everyone is paid to keep their mouth shut"

You'll never win because all you have is hearsay!! We'll always win on appeal!

Gosh I hate that whole organization!

I said it before and I'll say it again. The Pats are the Pablo Escobar of the NFL. They live in a delusional untouchable fantasy. For a while people really began to think Pablo was never ever going to get caught. He would always be a step ahead and arrogantly flaunted his power to everyone. The guy built his own jail.

The Pats came out gangbusters last night. First they thumbed off the NFL and told them they can't have the pregame concert shows at Foxboro (I have this on good info from someone who works for the network), which is why they were in Cali. Then they turn the whole national program into their Super Bowl celebration, coming out to T-pain's "all I do is win". Exploding banners..... Etc. If you don't think that was a giant finger to the league and non NE fans I have a bridge to sell you. And then with the headsets, make no mistake they were sending a message that they can't be touched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.  He's built up a program that has lots of little annoying things that add to trying to win.  He's going for the one thing isn't enough to change the game but taken together goes in some part to explaining how their home record is so amazingly lopsided.

Yep.  Like an impossible-number-of-standard-deviations-higher-than-the-mean kind of lopsided.

actually the Judge ruled goodell didn't follow procedures with the suspension...

The headsets and Bens sniveling about formations.

Never thought I would see the day where the Steelers are whiny beeches. They don't make steel anymore in Pitt. They make tampax.

Never thought I would see the day where the Steelers are whiny beeches. They don't make steel anymore in Pitt. They make tampax.

And now their coaches are lashing out with unprovoked assaults on our genteel, peace-loving, and completely sober fans!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13630481/pittsburgh-steelers-assistant-james-daniel-being-investigated-nfl-allegedly-assaulting-patriots-fan

It must really suck to be a Pats fan right now. Here they are the winningest franchise in the history of the sports universe and they're the only ones who believe that it's all on the up and up, the REST of the WORLD knows differently, knows the TRUTH, that they are the CHEATINGEST franchise in the history of the sports universe and by the end of this year their karma will have caught up...in the words of somebody, I forget his name but not the words he spoke "CAN'T WAIT!!" 

They now join the Ravens and Indy.  All are chicken sh*t in my book.  

If you want to deal with cheating?  Beat the tar out of the Pats and Bellicheat on the field.  Don't complain to the refs or league like a puss.