pryor

Jets723

I figured he'd be fine, its not like we reached for him in the draft.  He's back at his natural postiion.  I would like to see him wrap players up more still.  He could have had several TFLs today but he just square his shoulder and didn't wrap and the RB bounced forward.  Really happy with his improvement though and hope it continues!

He was decent. The play on McCown was huge but he'd be getting picked on to that point. It may have been a more testing game had Manziel not came in. 

Certainly a more encouraging performance though.

come on man he was all over the place today. I understand some fans will never give him a chance because he was a idzik  pick but having a good calvin pryor is great news

Apparently nobody saw the first quarter and a half?   Pryor is a brutal liability in coverage.  He almost gave up a long TD pass right out of the gate if not for an  overthrow.   The Browns threw at him constantly.  Let's see what happens when Luck goes after him.

Apparently nobody saw the first quarter and a half?   Pryor is a brutal liability in coverage.  He almost gave up a long TD pass right out of the gate if not for an  overthrow.   The Browns threw at him constantly.  Let's see what happens when Luck goes after him.

we get it.....you hate pryor. He could have 3 picks and it still wouldnt be enough for you lol

He was decent. The play on McCown was huge but he'd be getting picked on to that point. It may have been a more testing game had Manziel not came in. 

Certainly a more encouraging performance though.

They tried to target him he held up well .. That play was on McCown was just on cap on his best defensive drive as a Jet

we get it.....you hate pryor. He could have 3 picks and it still wouldnt be enough for you lol

It's okay to admit that he let the TE he was covering get behind him and if not for a bad throw it would have been an easy touchdown. He also let another TE get in front of him in the EZ and I was surprised he didn't get a PI call because he tangled his arm with the other guy slowing him down. 

Other than those 2 plays I thought he played great but admitting he wasn't perfect doesn't mean you hate him, it means you are objective. 

Definitely played better today. Just wish he would improve his tackling. He goes for the shoulder move every play never does he try to wrap his guys up

This is the technique of 90 percent of the DB's in the NFL today. I may be exaggerating but it sure seems that way. They look more to separate the ball rather than stop the opponents progress more often than not resulting in additional yac yardage,

Almost tds do not count as actual tds. So until he gives up actual tds I'm going to consider today a rather solid game from pryor and expect him to have a much improved season. 

The other team failing to execute isn't the point.  He got beat.  Just because the other team didn't capitalize on it doesn't mean he didn't get beaten.  He's not good in coverage and he'll get exposed against good QBs.

That said, he had a fine game and laid some wood on some guys.  

It's okay to admit that he let the TE he was covering get behind him and if not for a bad throw it would have been an easy touchdown. He also let another TE get in front of him in the EZ and I was surprised he didn't get a PI call because he tangled his arm with the other guy slowing him down. 

Other than those 2 plays I thought he played great but admitting he wasn't perfect doesn't mean you hate him, it means you are objective. 

i never said he was perfect. In fact i pointed out he got burned in the first series. So please dont tell me about being objective.....im as objective as they come. I was bashing the defense throughout the first half when they played like sh*t

Browns targeted Calvin Pryor early, but not late. Six total passes thrown his way, only two completed. Nice improvement #Jets

Browns targeted Calvin Pryor early, but not late. Six total passes thrown his way, only two completed. Nice improvement #Jets

Stat line would look a lot worse if McClown doesn't overthrow the relatively slow TE who got 3 steps behind him for an easy  6.     

Pryor did play better but I am not backing off one bit on the statement that he is a bad liability in coverage.

Cool .gifs. But those are just regular plays that any safety in the league should make. And he's just diving at ankles, that's acceptable at times, but not what I would call "good technique".

But an improvement over last year for sure. It was certainly his best game.  

completing regular plays are great because regular plays are the most common. My first set of GIF's mentioned about his lack of wrapping up for tackles in that 1st qtr, but Pryor had a pretty good game yesterday in comparison to what we've seen from him. As hard as we've been on him, and rightfully so, when the kid is consistent I feel he should be put that out there so people can see progress. I think him playing his natural position while having solid corners is going to help him alot. Slow things down and make it much simpler 

He looks a hell of a lot better than last season. Biggest improvement I saw was that he got himself in position to make plays on the ball, even if it was just running Manziel out of bounds for a short gain he's still where he should have been to effect the play in a positive way. He's still pretty raw but at this point improvement to a reliable in the box safety is a win for us, just needs to learn when its appropriate to go for the big hit and when to wrap up.

Archived