Did anyone try any of these new food items yesterday at the stadium?

BaumerJet

LOOK: Jets unveil absurdly huge 'Jumbo Jet' sausage, bagel and pretzel

By Mike Freedman / CBSSports.com producer

Week 1 of the 2015 NFL season means one thing: New and improved stadium food items. Or, in the case of the Jets, stadium food seemingly portioned to feed a whole 747 of Jets fans. 

Let's take a look at the new "Jumbo" menu items:

Jumbo Jet Sausage: This sausage sandwich is almost a yard long. It begins with a 24-inch heavy sponge Italian roll. It is then filled with 1 pound of chicken sausage that has been cooked, shaved lengthwise, and seared again on a flat top, much like a cheese steak would be cooked. Add on a 28-inch 1-pound custom made Premio Italian Sausage, topped with a half pound of spicy Guinness beer cheese. Finish it off with a pound of caramelized onions and cabbage kraut, and a half pound of crumbled spicy chorizo. This sandwich wouldn’t be complete without a bottle of JET FUEL, our signature spicy green chimichurri, for the guests to add at their own willl.

The Jumbo Jet Sausage. (USATSI)

The Jumbo Jet Sausage. (Provided by NY Jets)

Jumbo Jet Breakfast Bagel: This would be a monstrous, oversized 10-inch everything bagel. It comes with a triple patty or half pound of Taylor Ham, a 1-pound Spicy Chorizo patty, and a 1-pound Breakfast Sausage patty, topped with four fried eggs, four slices of American cheese, and potato hash. Of course, the bagel is served with a bottle of JET FUEL as well and served whole.

The Jumbo Jet Bagel. (USATSI)

The Jumbo Jet Bagel. (Provided by NY Jets)

Jumbo Jet Pretzel: A Bavarian style pretzel, meant to be served in a pizza box with a half pound of beer cheese, half pound of crumbled chorizo sausage, half pound fried jalapenos, brown mustard and JET FUEL. It is meant to be messy to eat and shared by many.

The Jumbo Jet Sausage. (USATSI)

ate so much during the tailgate that I didn't eat anything in the stadium.  

On another note however, I waited 15 minutes on line at halftime to grab a couple of beers and went I got up to the cashier they cut me off because the 3rd quarter started,  They really need to have a cutoff on the line so that people don't need to wait that long to get denied.

This is why I instead give Joebabyny my $35 for endless beer and food for 3 hours at the tailgate, get into the stadium already charged up and all I buy is 1 $8 water and im good for the entire event. 

you are allowed to bring a bottle of water into the stadium i think.   save yourself $7 dollars.

+1.

I went to a game with my girlfriend once and we sat in those seats in front of the chase club (I think that's what it's called)...it was $50 for two burgers, two drinks and fries. 

Must have been a long time ago. Things are way more expensive now,  :)

Just a completely clueless attempt at interesting and appealing stadium food. Who is buying a 2 ft long sausage and splitting it up standing there in the stadium plaza. Industrial Italian sausage and Irish beer cheese, ugh. 

I agree 100%. After visiting Yankee stadium and hearing about all the nice concession stands at Citi, I was really looking forward to having some nice eating options at Metlife, but I have yet to try anything that was noteworthy (actually, the Food TV stand used to have a nice brisket sandwich on a pretzel bun, but I don't think the stand is there anymore). 

Just a completely clueless attempt at interesting and appealing stadium food. Who is buying a 2 ft long sausage and splitting it up standing there in the stadium plaza. Industrial Italian sausage and Irish beer cheese, ugh. 

That crap will never even marginally compare with Tailgate Joe, the creme de la creme of stadium tailgating

Joe, I know you rep some serious tailgating grills for major operations, but do you have any suggestions on smaller grills for much smaller operations?

Joe, I know you rep some serious tailgating grills for major operations, but do you have any suggestions on smaller grills for much smaller operations?

For tailgating, sure. I have cooked on grills of all sizes over the years from when it was just me and a few friends to the 450+ combined I did for the opener last weekend. Just last week I didn't feel like taking the cover off my weber kettle and dirtying it up so I quick rigged a disposable charcoal grill from some aluminum roasting pans.

For smaller tailgate grills, I like the Weber Q series, but I would go with one of the 2000 series because of the higher BTU burner.

Another interesting option is a stove from camp chef. With this stove you can place different accessories on it to do different things. You can use a griddle plate for breakfast, or even burgers, you can put their grill box on top and have a grill, and I think they even have a pizza oven box.

For tailgating, sure. I have cooked on grills of all sizes over the years from when it was just me and a few friends to the 450+ combined I did for the opener last weekend. Just last week I didn't feel like taking the cover off my weber kettle and dirtying it up so I quick rigged a disposable charcoal grill from some aluminum roasting pans.

For smaller tailgate grills, I like the Weber Q series, but I would go with one of the 2000 series because of the higher BTU burner.

Another interesting option is a stove from camp chef. With this stove you can place different accessories on it to do different things. You can use a griddle plate for breakfast, or even burgers, you can put their grill box on top and have a grill, and I think they even have a pizza oven box.

Good stuff, thanks bro.

Archived