It Must REALLY Suck to Be a Jets Fan Living IN New York....

Warfish

.....given the horrible Sports Media you poor saps have up there.

On a lark I decided to tune in to some of the New York radio shows online today, and wow, what a pile of sh*t your local Sports "Media" is.

Francessa, of course, is just the tip of the iceberg of fail that is New York Sports Media.

He blathers on for an hour (felt like three hours tbqh) about the failure Giants and their choke last night.

Blah, blah, blah.....

He finally gets to the Jets Game......and murders all conversation right off the bat.

"Predictable", "did what everyone expected", "didn't really do anything special", etc, etc, etc....basically came out and flat out said "don't call me about the Jets Game, there is nothing worth talking about".

Just wow.  What a downer after such a nice day yesterday.

And you poor sods live with this level of disrespect, in your own City no less, every day?

D.C. is a horrible sports city, with often horrible sports teams (especially the Redskins) and despite all the angst over how bad that team is, I've never heard such a blatant disrespectful dismissal of the NFL team like Francessa did today. Don't call me about that, they simply don't matter.

Combine this with the absolute horror that is New York print sports media and I often wonder if the Jets get better, more even-handed coverage OUTSIDE New York than they do IN New York.

What a bloody downer.

We will hear the same crap from Fatcessa after we beat the Colts next week.  "Tremendously overrated team,"  "look what the Bills did to them the week before," and "they had no business playing in the league championship last year."  The only time he treated the Jets with the slightest bit of respect was when Parcells was the coach, and that stopped when he left.

ESPN Radio covers the Jets a lot more locally.

I think Francesa will be easier on the Jets now that Bowles is here and has links to Parcells.

I was listening today he's the same old Franceser acting like we barely beat an arena league team and we have no shot at all of beating his beloved Andrew Luck 

On a lark I decided to tune in to some of the New York radio shows online today, and wow, what a pile of sh*t your local Sports "Media" is.

Francessa, of course, is just the tip of the iceberg of fail that is New York Sports Media.

He blathers on for an hour (felt like three hours tbqh) about the failure Giants and their choke last night.

Blah, blah, blah.....

He finally gets to the Jets Game......and murders all conversation right off the bat.

"Predictable", "did what everyone expected", "didn't really do anything special", etc, etc, etc....basically came out and flat out said "don't call me about the Jets Game, there is nothing worth talking about".

And you poor sods live with this level of disrespect, in your own City no less, every day?

D.C. is a horrible sports city, with often horrible sports teams (especially the Redskins) and despite all the angst over how bad that team is, I've never heard such a blatant disrespectful dismissal of the NFL team like Francessa did today. Don't call me about that, they simply don't matter.

Combine this with the absolute horror that is New York print sports media and I often wonder if the Jets get better, more even-handed coverage OUTSIDE New York than they do IN New York.

What a bloody downer.

Hence the reason many of us wanted our own stadium in NYC.  That would have changed the perception dramatically.

But is what it is... :)

Hence the reason many of us wanted our own stadium in NYC.  That would have changed the perception dramatically.

But is what it is... :)

it was the same when we were at Shea and the Giants were at Yankee Stadium or Giants Stadium.  Will change when we win.  Just as Mets and Yankee coverage changes depending on who's winning.  No one paid any attention to the Yankees from the early/mid 80s to 90 or today.  

Blah, blah, blah.....

What a bloody downer.

Francesa is just the tip of the iceberg.  He's an arrogant, narcissistic, self absorbed pant load.

Joe and Evan are even more unlistenable.  One's a drama queen with an annoying voice and the other is a loud mouth cavone.

And if you really want to stick needles in your eyes, listen to Carton in the AM.

IMO, Kay and LaGreca at 3 PM on ESPN Radio and YES cable is the best.

Francesa is just the tip of the iceberg.  He's an arrogant, narcissistic, self absorbed pant load.

Joe and Evan are even more unlistenable.  One's a drama queen with an annoying voice and the other is a loud mouth cavone.

And if you really want to stick needles in your eyes, listen to Carton in the AM.

I agree with you and La Greca is an avowed and devoted Giants Fan....

I don't fault Francesa here, to be honest. The Jets beat a team they should have beaten. Meanwhile the Giants squandered what would have been a big victory for them. It's a bigger story.

That Giant loss was one of the worst losses I have ever seen at any level in any sport, just outrageously bad playing at critical moments.

It is play like that gets HCs deservedly fired.

Just a brutal loss.

It is what it is. The Giants are the old guard of the NY NFL world. Their fans are old, boring, and dying off fast. They get the automatic respect due to their history since the 80s.

The Jets are the passion of the NY NFL world. Young, energetic, and pissed off. The true heart and soul of New York football.

I can listen to those guys...Sure they drive me crazy but most of the time I'll listen anyway (passes the time) but Carton is nauseating.  I just don't understand how or more importantly why he's on the air.  You could put a monkey on that morning show and they'll produce ratings.

which one's which?

the only thing worse than Joe and Evan's show is their theme song.

which one's which?

the only thing worse than Joe and Evan's show is their theme song.

I can understand why you are confused.

Guess you could apply both descriptions to both life forms but IMO Evan is the drama queen where I get a headache after 10 minutes of him and Joe with his "bro" and "stella" outbursts is the cavone where you want to beg him to shut up.

As far as the theme song goes, when they both start singing along with it, you just want to put a gun in your mouth.

Fatsessa has got to be a bit depressed.

His clazzy Goindz choked away a win against Dallas

His beloved Pinstripers lost 3 of 4 to Toronto at home and are down to maybe one starting pitcher

And FOX Sports just sh*tcanned his fat butt from the simulcast he had to settle for after YES also sh*tcanned him from their simulcast for Kay and Lagreca

So Mikey was upset that his Midgets lost in the most embarrassingly stupid way possible so he didn't want to talk about the Jets looking like a competent football team that played a pretty good game?

What a ******* child. 

I tuned in via the NET and in fairness to Fatso... he trashed the GMEN pretty good for the final 2 minutes.

He grilled Eli and Coughlin on the air.

Archived