It Must REALLY Suck to Be a Jets Fan Living IN New York....

Warfish

I can listen to those guys...Sure they drive me crazy but most of the time I'll listen anyway (passes the time) but Carton is nauseating.  I just don't understand how or more importantly why he's on the air.  You could put a monkey on that morning show and they'll produce ratings.

The WORST is Dan Lebetard...  he has been given Cowhers spot. UNLISTENABLE  ESPNdid it IMO for same reason they let Kaitlyn Jenner win a "Hero of the year" award. LeBetard caters to a different demo IMO. If you know what I mean.

The best thing about being an afterthought to all these media whores is, if we can continue to scratch out wins, all the crow crap they will have to eat. An the chance for all Jets fans to continuously keep serving up big health plates of it to each and every one of them. All the while reminding them how wrong they have been about the Jets this year.

I don't listen to sports radio much.  its been about 5 years.    its all about trolling the audience

I get enough of that here, lol

I tuned into fatboy today and his roast of the giants was predictable and boring, he harped on the same point for the whole segment

Francesca always has hated the Jets and supported the Giants- no mystery there-

not always. The woody/Broadway/Herm regime got mad at francessa and Russo for speaking the truth way back when about how the jets winning despite herms incompetence and they pissed each other off. He spoke favorably about the jets from 97-2000

Francesa is just the tip of the iceberg.  He's an arrogant, narcissistic, self absorbed pant load.

Joe and Evan are even more unlistenable.  One's a drama queen with an annoying voice and the other is a loud mouth cavone.

And if you really want to stick needles in your eyes, listen to Carton in the AM.

IMO, Kay and LaGreca at 3 PM on ESPN Radio and YES cable is the best.

I like Humpty & Hahn. 

.....given the horrible Sports Media you poor saps have up there.

On a lark I decided to tune in to some of the New York radio shows online today, and wow, what a pile of sh*t your local Sports "Media" is.

Francessa, of course, is just the tip of the iceberg of fail that is New York Sports Media.

He blathers on for an hour (felt like three hours tbqh) about the failure Giants and their choke last night.

Blah, blah, blah.....

He finally gets to the Jets Game......and murders all conversation right off the bat.

"Predictable", "did what everyone expected", "didn't really do anything special", etc, etc, etc....basically came out and flat out said "don't call me about the Jets Game, there is nothing worth talking about".

Just wow.  What a downer after such a nice day yesterday.

And you poor sods live with this level of disrespect, in your own City no less, every day?

D.C. is a horrible sports city, with often horrible sports teams (especially the Redskins) and despite all the angst over how bad that team is, I've never heard such a blatant disrespectful dismissal of the NFL team like Francessa did today. Don't call me about that, they simply don't matter.

Combine this with the absolute horror that is New York print sports media and I often wonder if the Jets get better, more even-handed coverage OUTSIDE New York than they do IN New York.

What a bloody downer.

I am not gonna kill him for yesterday. The Jets did what they have done the past 5 years and that is win on opening day. The Browns are a bad team so they did what they had to do.

The Giants meanwhile had an all time brain fart and like it or not negativity sells. Be it newspapers or talk show radio.

If they go into Indy and win on Monday you might hear a bit of a different tune.

The Coughlin led Giants are such a conundrum.

They have now lost two games in some of the most improbable and stupid ways that I've ever seen in any type of competition with my own two eyes:
The DJax punt return down the middle of the field to determine the NFC playoff matchups in 2010, and Sunday night. 

They've also only made the playoffs thrice over the last 8 seasons under Couglin. 

Yet, they're two time champions over those 8 seasons, and did it in epic fashion- beating that scumbag cheating team from the north both times. 

Back to Sunday night: Watching Romo own their asses in primetime after two giant boneheaded mistakes was awesome. 

Also, this post has nothing to do with the original topic.

Archived