did yesterday's results change anyone's mind on the season?

batman10023

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It did not really change my mind. I expected this team to compete for a playoff spot. We have an easier schedule than last year, we are more talented than last year, we have a better starting quarterback than we had last year.

What is all this worth when it comes to wins and losses? We won 4 games last year, I'd say all our changes and additions warrant *at least* 4 more wins if the team doesn't screw themselves over. If this team wins less than 7 games I think it is a disappointment. Are we really that much different from the Bills? Just comparing rosters right now I think I would prefer our roster over theirs and yet the Bills are media darlings and considered contenders for some reason while we are projected to have a top 10 draft pick by many. 

It did not really change my mind. I expected this team to compete for a playoff spot. We have an easier schedule than last year, we are more talented than last year, we have a better starting quarterback than we had last year.

What is all this worth when it comes to wins and losses? We won 4 games last year, I'd say all our changes and additions warrant *at least* 4 more wins if the team doesn't screw themselves over. If this team wins less than 7 games I think it is a disappointment. Are we really that much different from the Bills? Just comparing rosters right now I think I would prefer our roster over theirs and yet the Bills are media darlings and considered contenders for some reason while we are projected to have a top 10 draft pick by many. 

Must be because of the coach.?

Must be because of the coach.?

Which makes this even more confusing because many people in the media thought Rex should have been fired years ago. He was constantly criticized for not knowing a thing about offense or paying attention to the offense and yet all of that criticism has now seemed to disappear once he landed in Buffalo.

someone suggested to bump this up after the indy game given more of a test than the browns.  does this win change anyone's mind on win total for the season?

i thought this win was great obviously.  anytime you get a road win at a night game is huge.

i liked how fitz played but i think we definitely have room for improvement in the offense.  yesterday should have been a blowout given how bad the colts were playing and the injuries on their side.  i would have liked at least another touchdown.  the deep ball just wasn't there and fitz forced it.

still happy as can be.  i think we win 9 games this year. 

We have another very serious test Sunday. The Eagles are a team with there backs really against the wall. They are going to give us all we can handle. Let's see how we do in the next two weeks.

my hope is for one win in the next two weeks to get to 3-1.  of the remaining 12 games i am hoping we can win 6 of them.  i think that is very possible.

over the summer Southern Jet ran a poll on number of wins for the season.  Looks like about 40% of the people were around 8-9 wins and another 30% or so were 10-11.

Have people changed their expectations on the season based on the performance last night?

I think we can be competitive in lots of games this year with the decent offense. But on the flip-side our division looks to be tougher.

i am hoping for 8-9 wins this year and would love to get to 10 somehow.  

Winning 6 games this season. The Pats will devour this team. The Bills have a way better QB and overall defense and they couldn't get it done in their own house.

Fitz, Cro, Pryor, Giacommini, and our TE's all SUCK. And now Decker is out. We have no #2 WR.

Prepare for bubble burst in 3... 2...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most recent two comments are crazy... Be happy we won and can build off of a solid start .... Same old jets fans

yes crazy but there is some truth to the lack of scoring.  i think 6 wins is low for this team given we just won 2 games.  i think anything less than 7 would be a big disappointment.

but looking at our schedule if we can just beat the teams we are "suppose" to beat we should do okay.

They put up 20 points, against a 3rd string CB's - after getting 5 turnovers.

We should pull back on the excitement.

Obviously a very conservative game plan. One thing  that was clear -- when the Jets turned to the pass, they were very successful at will. I thought they should have laid off the running game by the third quarter and opened up all cylinders of the passing game. I believe the score would have been even more lopsided.

after Indy is there anyone in the afcs that scares you? I'd expect the jets to go 4-0 against that division. and in the nfce the redskins and giants look like competitive games, dallas will probably have romo and bryant back when we play, and philly is in disarray. let's say we go 2-2 against that division. of the 2 conference games we've already beaten the browns and oakland in oakland could be a tough game. let's say we go 1-1. and within our division we will probably split games with miami and buffalo. if we can grab a game from new england that would give us 10 wins. but i'd say we have a very good shot at at least 9 wins after last night's win.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/9/22/9367429/nfl-power-rankings-week-3-new-england-patriots-green-bay-packers

SB Nation power ranking has us at 10th.  Amazing what a convincing win on monday night can do to your ranking... up 15 from the previous week.

Ricks numbers above are kind of similar to my view.  4-0 on acfs, 2-2 nfce east, at least 2 wins in our division and the browns win.  that's 9 wins.  assumes we lose to the raiders, NE 2x (which i personally think we win at least 1/3)..

so 9/10 wins is possible here without crazy assumptions.

• 2 weeks later...

Winning 6 games this season. The Pats will devour this team. The Bills have a way better QB and overall defense and they couldn't get it done in their own house.

Fitz, Cro, Pryor, Giacommini, and our TE's all SUCK. And now Decker is out. We have no #2 WR.

are we still winning only 6 games this year?  we are going 3-9 the rest of the way?

has the first quarter of the season changed anyone's view?  i think we can win 10 games this year now.  seems like we can beat the teams we are suppose to  beat.

4 games down, 12 to go. Even if we split, we will get to 9 wins. I think this team will go at least 7-5 rest of the way. I can see losing at least 3 division games. Another one to Cowboys on the road and another surprise loss. 10-6 seems more likely at this point. Let's enjoy this. If we know Skins, we will be sitting pretty at 4-1.

Fitz has been good enough, Cro has done his job, Pryor has been much better than last year, and our TE's continue to suck, but we aren't using TE schemes. Decker is back, Smith is back, Richardson is back, Even Winters looked good blocking Suh. Haters will hate, SOJF's will always see the sky falling. Glad I'm not in your head.

So only if we beat the best or second best team in the rankings will you change your mind? That's pretty idiotic. Suppose the Jets lose to the Pats but run up an 11-4 record... that won't change your mind. Meh.

It was meant as New England will be the first team we play that are actually any good at this point in the season.

Which makes this even more confusing because many people in the media thought Rex should have been fired years ago. He was constantly criticized for not knowing a thing about offense or paying attention to the offense and yet all of that criticism has now seemed to disappear once he landed in Buffalo.

The pony express carrying all the negative rex articles hasn't reach up state, yet

A regular Nostradaumus 

Fitz has been good enough, Cro has done his job, Pryor has been much better than last year, and our TE's continue to suck, but we aren't using TE schemes. Decker is back, Smith is back, Richardson is back, Even Winters looked good blocking Suh. Haters will hate, SOJF's will always see the sky falling. Glad I'm not in your head.

Ivory will continue to get banged up, Marshall and Decker are both fragile, your 2nd round pick already broke his ribs without even being hit, Fitz is fragile and wildly inconsistent, Richardson will pay the piper soon enough for his next suspension....

6 wins people. Maybe 7 if Marshall stays healthy all 16. Oh, and by next year Marshall will have hit the wall and by 2017 Revis will be useless and costing over 15 million against our cap. I don't even know if he will be a serviceable safety or nickel by then.

We are YEARS away from being significant.

The Jets need a real QB and GM. Then call me to watch.

Ivory will continue to get banged up, Marshall and Decker are both fragile, your 2nd round pick already broke his ribs without even being hit, Fitz is fragile and wildly inconsistent, Richardson will pay the piper soon enough for his next suspension....

6 wins people. Maybe 7 if Marshall stays healthy all 16. Oh, and by next year Marshall will have hit the wall and by 2017 Revis will be useless and costing over 15 million against our cap. I don't even know if he will be a serviceable safety or nickel by then.

You're not convincing anymore.  You need some serious work.  I thought you were better than this weak sh*t.  This is like grade school trolling.  Pathetic, really.

At least you admitted your not watching. 

"your" second round pick? Talk about outing yourself. Obviously a lame-#ssed troll trying to stir up sh&t. Goodbye.

How is fitz fragile? because he broke his leg once? Zero soft tissue injuries in 100 games played. guy's pretty durable, especially since he scrambles a fair amount. plenty of legit concerns with him without trying to add on something with no basis in reality.

Archived