The Thread I didn't want to make

jgb

the QB wasn't why we won.  he had a decent game but QB play wasn't the determining factor.  this game could have been very different if Marshall doesn't steal back that INT.

Great point...also a different game if Fitz doesn't retrieve Mangold's wildly inaccurate snap.  Huge play by Fitz that kept the Browns from getting the ball at the 2-yard line.

Great point...also a different game if Fitz doesn't retrieve Mangold's wildly inaccurate snap.  Huge play by Fitz that kept the Browns from getting the ball at the 2-yard line.

that was Fitz's best play of the day.  the snap was miscommunication, maybe that doesn't happen w/ geno?

Fitz was decent, he was what we needed at QB.  I am happy through week 1 but he has a weapon Geno has never had in Marshall and it's unfair to compare past Geno to what Fitz did yesterday.

that was Fitz's best play of the day.  the snap was miscommunication, maybe that doesn't happen w/ geno?

Fitz was decent, he was what we needed at QB.  I am happy through week 1 but he has a weapon Geno has never had in Marshall and it's unfair to compare past Geno to what Fitz did yesterday.

LOL

Geno is totally different QB and Chan has indicated that with Geno under center he calls a totally different game plan. 

I don't think that Chan is the type to fool around, he has NO allegiance to Geno whatsoever and neither does the HC or the current FO. 

If Geno is no good they are not putting him out there in a starting capacity and the truth is that until a right or left to the Jaw the OC, HC and FO thought that Geno was better than Fritz so with that said I still think we win since we are better than the Browns.

Who knows the score might have been even more lopsided because Geno throws a better long ball than Fritz...

and most of the scores came off TOs 

that's true but w/ Geno would we have turned it back over?  Fitz has been a high TO guy in his career too so I think either way we win.  doesn't mean Fitz isn't better able to run this offense and help us win-we'll see, that is TBD.

that's true but w/ Geno would we have turned it back over?  Fitz has been a high TO guy in his career too so I think either way we win.  doesn't mean Fitz isn't better able to run this offense and help us win-we'll see, that is TBD.

I don't know. Never saw him this year as a supposed improved player.  Never saw him run a Chan offense or throw to a really good receiving group either.  I agree with you, Fitz doesn't come here with a history of protecting the ball so maybe Geno also would have benefited or maybe even done better and put up more points

I thought the same thing when I saw the snap live, that it was wildly over Fitz head but after the replay it looks like it grazed his right shoulder and Fitz just wasnt expecting it.

Too many factors to indicate either way....

Yes we have a sample size of Geno's play, which is far from pretty, but aside from some practices in TC we have not seen Geno in Chan Gailiey's offense, with Brandon Marshall, and natural improvement of a QB coming into his 3rd year(or lack thereof)....

I see no reason to think we wouldn't have, the whole team was pathetic up until Fitzy threw that abysmal pick into what looked like bracketed coverage to Marshall, where he then stripped the ball away and turned the whole game around.  Fitzy did exactly what Bowles said a QB has to do: you don't have to single-handedly win a game yourself, but you can't hide a QB the entire game and he's going to have to make a couple plays every week in order to win. Fitzy made a couple very nice plays, but he was far from the reason we won. The defense and offensive line deserve a lot of that credit. 

Close game if Geno 'I can only find my primary WR then I scamper backwards 20 yards' Smith is playing.

Plus Fitz really led his WRs which is HUGE help for YAC and didnt panic.

His one throw to Decker he looked off 2 WRs before making that throw, how many times did Geno ht his 3rd option on a route tree?

Why didn't you want to make this? If you hadn't, it would mean he's still the starter.

Because I was afraid it would turn into a cesspool and detract from the great win! But you are right, it sure beats a "Would the Browns have still beaten us if Fitz played?" threads!

Who cares about fairness

I think so. Defense and the running game were the big factors yesterday. 

Except for when they weren't. There were some clutch moments from the passing game. It was a complete win. 

Geno holds the ball longer, and I'd bet that could have led to a hot mess.

Smith never sees the lane to Decker for the TD, he puts the TD pass to Marshall into the third row, and he tries to jam the throw in on the screen that Fitz wisely threw away. Also, Smith would never recover from the sloppy start the offense had. 

yup or in other words...what Tom said :)

Smith never sees the lane to Decker for the TD, he puts the TD pass to Marshall into the third row, and he tries to jam the throw in on the screen that Fitz wisely threw away. Also, Smith would never recover from the sloppy start the offense had. 

Fitz looked of two receivers before finding Decker.. Whole Jet Bar mentioned Geno NEVER found a 3rd WR in a route tree....

Except for when they weren't. There were some clutch moments from the passing game. It was a complete win. 

Geno holds the ball longer, and I'd bet that could have led to a hot mess.

Something Gailey and the coaching staff are aware of, and were working on with him. I would've like to've seen Geno play in the preseason and show some improvement, the way the whole team showed over the course of those four games. 

It's all speculation here in this speculation thread, but I think definitely Geno and the Jets win yesterday. The dee knocked out McCown and created a slew of takeaways. The team rushed for over 150 yards. Yeah, Geno gets the W, too. 

I see no reason to think we wouldn't have, the whole team was pathetic up until Fitzy threw that abysmal pick into what looked like bracketed coverage to Marshall, where he then stripped the ball away and turned the whole game around.  Fitzy did exactly what Bowles said a QB has to do: you don't have to single-handedly win a game yourself, but you can't hide a QB the entire game and he's going to have to make a couple plays every week in order to win. Fitzy made a couple very nice plays, but he was far from the reason we won. The defense and offensive line deserve a lot of that credit. 

I disagree, somewhat. it was a team effort for sure. but fitz didn't lose the game for the jets, so essentially he is the reason the jets won.or something like that

Archived