The Thread I didn't want to make

jgb

How many football games have we all watched in this thread? Thousands of them How many SEASONS have we seen teams of destiny (not cheating ones) but teams who pick up the fumble, make the INT, get the calls the Jets showed that they can BE that kind of a team this year. Even the scumbag Pats have gotten breaks like the butt fumble and we know they have ALWAYS gotten the calls from the zebras, even if they have to invent a new rule )tuck play) or give them a 1st down when they are a yard short (Jets game last year). This reminded me of when Jason Taylor won that game with a safety. Under Rex with all his big talk and brouhaha never seemed to get the turnovers or the lucky bouncves and lets face it he could NEVER seem to close a big game out with his big defenses could he-not when they REALLY counted.

Something Gailey and the coaching staff are aware of, and were working on with him. I would've like to've seen Geno play in the preseason and show some improvement, the way the whole team showed over the course of those four games. 

It's all speculation here in this speculation thread, but I think definitely Geno and the Jets win yesterday. The dee knocked out McCown and created a slew of takeaways. The team rushed for over 150 yards. Yeah, Geno gets the W, too. 

that's fine... I wasn't contesting the hypothetical argument that Geno would have won too, I was just advocating that the actual pass game deserved more credit than you gave them in making your point.

First of all Geno can make the throws downfield that Fritz can't. Clearly both Chan and Todd felt that Geno was progressing well and Chad was installing a system that Geno was certainly more comfortable with.

Then you factor in Geno's ability to run with the ball, something Fritz is not going to do, and suddenly you add another whole dimension to the Jets offensive attack.

I certainly want to see what Geno can do in this new system. Yet, I also want him to earn the start by CLEARLY out playing Fritz in practice. No more give me's if he can't beat out Fritz in practice then he continues to hold the clipboard.

I know am in the minority here, but I believe that Geno will out play Fritz because, Chan will install plays that Fritz is physically unable to pull off.

If what happens that I think will happen, we will see a different QB making plays that will surprise many Jets fan. It might also make many of you reevaluate your thoughts about Geno.

First of all Geno can make the throws downfield that Fritz can't. Clearly both Chan and Todd felt that Geno was progressing well and Chad was installing a system that Geno was certainly more comfortable with.

Then you factor in Geno's ability to run with the ball, something Fritz is not going to do, and suddenly you add another whole dimension to the Jets offensive attack.

I certainly want to see what Geno can do in this new system. Yet, I also want him to earn the start by CLEARLY out playing Fritz in practice. No more give me's if he can't beat out Fritz in practice then he continues to hold the clipboard.

I know am in the minority here, but I believe that Geno will out play Fritz because, Chan will install plays that Fritz is physically unable to pull off.

If what happens that I think will happen, we will see a different QB making plays that will surprise many Jets fan. It might also make many of you reevaluate your thoughts about Geno.

from your mouth to gods ears regarding Geno, but everytime he drops back my heart skips a beat. He just frightens me. The question is going to be how hard he works & is he smart enough to be a complete QB. We all know he's has the physical attributes.

All you need is one pass rusher to get past his man to send Geno running away and out of the play altogether - I've never seen an NFL quarterback do this so regularly, it's exactly what not to do. He is an atrocious quarterback - we saw it for two straight years. "Fritz" (thank you, I like that) delivered more in one game than Geno in 2 years. 

Geno is totally different QB and Chan has indicated that with Geno under center he calls a totally different game plan. 

I don't think that Chan is the type to fool around, he has NO allegiance to Geno whatsoever and neither does the HC or the current FO. 

If Geno is no good they are not putting him out there in a starting capacity and the truth is that until a right or left to the Jaw the OC, HC and FO thought that Geno was better than Fritz so with that said I still think we win since we are better than the Browns.

Who knows the score might have been even more lopsided because Geno throws a better long ball than Fritz...

First, you have NO IDEA if this was indeed the case.

When Bowles and Gailey announced Geno as the starter early in the season, it wasn't like they had all that much choice.  Fitz still was rehabbing a broken leg and not at full speed, and Geno was on such thin ice not doing it could have immediately ruined his rep in the locker room.  Not to mention the fact that like ALL of us, the question as to what Geno Smith is or is not was still looming large, and it's not like they had a great amount of interaction with the guy at that point.

The issue of finding your QB that you are going to ride is so important that I don't doubt that Bowles and McCagnan wanted to settle the Geno issue ASAP...for a new regime, you want to answer that quickly as you only have a certain window of time to show you know what you're doing so you don't get canned.  So, why not announce Geno the 'man' and see if he cr*ps the bed when you already have a known commodity as the backup?

Now, while Geno didn't cr*p the bed on the field in the preseason, but he certainly did in the locker room...and everything counts.

Just saying that you cannot state unequivocally that the CS and FO thought Geno was the 'better' option...he may have only been the most 'expedient' option toward answering the question of who will be the future starting QB here, and everyone knows at this point what Fitz is...a short term stopgap at best.

But I figured why not.  Does Geno beat the Browns yesterday?

Let me answer this question in the form of a formula.

With "The Beard", heres what we know:

The Beard = 31-10 (X - points differential)
With Geno, we need to know the X (point differential)
Geno = X
Since Geno > The Beard, we can assume:

Geno = >+21

So using my module, Jets score 31+ against Browns' 10 or less.

Given what we already calculated, we can conclude the Jets win with Geno.

Let me answer this question in the form of a formula.

With "The Beard", heres what we know:

The Beard = 31-10 (X - points differential)
With Geno, we need to know the X (point differential)
Geno = X
Since Geno > The Beard, we can assume:

Geno = >+21

So using my module, Jets score 31+ against Browns' 10 or less.

Given what we already calculated, we can conclude the Jets win with Geno.

I need Ryan Fitzpatrick himself to figure this out. We already know Geno can't subtract 3 from an integer.

When Bowles and Gailey announced Geno as the starter early in the season, it wasn't like they had all that much choice.  Fitz still was rehabbing a broken leg and not at full speed, and Geno was on such thin ice not doing it could have immediately ruined his rep in the locker room.  Not to mention the fact that like ALL of us, the question as to what Geno Smith is or is not was still looming large, and it's not like they had a great amount of interaction with the guy at that point.

The issue of finding your QB that you are going to ride is so important that I don't doubt that Bowles and McCagnan wanted to settle the Geno issue ASAP...for a new regime, you want to answer that quickly as you only have a certain window of time to show you know what you're doing so you don't get canned.  So, why not announce Geno the 'man' and see if he cr*ps the bed when you already have a known commodity as the backup?

Now, while Geno didn't cr*p the bed on the field in the preseason, but he certainly did in the locker room...and everything counts.

Just saying that you cannot state unequivocally that the CS and FO thought Geno was the 'better' option...he may have only been the most 'expedient' option toward answering the question of who will be the future starting QB here, and everyone knows at this point what Fitz is...a short term stopgap at best.

First and foremost I definitely believe and heard from day one that Geno was number 1 on the depth chart and nothing we had heard or seen prior to Geno being injured indicated that had changed by what had happened in OTA or training camp other than a well placed punch to the jaw. 

No where did anyone say that the Jets were making the decision to place Geno No:1 for other than what had to be termed performance based reasons.

Bowles nor Chan ever said that they "wanted to settle the Geno issue ASAP".  Never; just because someone posts what they think someone means doesn't make so. 

Bowles has been crystal clear, from day one, that the best players are going to play and so far by implication whether folks like it or not Geno was playing better than Fritz.  There may have been reasons for a new regime naming  Geno the starter but it wasn't to quicken the process or because they thought by doing so they wouldn't be "canned.'

In fact if you are a Jets fan then you heard this not from a Jets message board but directly from the OC Chan:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Gailey_Geno_Is_the_Starter/a207fe63-8ecc-4090-b0a8-6bb169e5db22

Then later on you read this:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/08/5_chan_gailey_takeaways_from_tuesday.html

The idea that a new HC, FO and OC would put a terrible QB on the field because he was a Jet the year before or because they wanted to act expeditiously is simply nonsensical. 

Would you risk your multimillion dollar job, potentially your entire family's future on a guy whom you believed sucked and was going to do a poor job if you believed you had a better alternative on your side? 

Well neither would Bowles or Mac based upon what they have done so far.  Their every move has been to try and get better at every freakin position but you would posit that they would take a totally different tack with the most important position on the field, that of QB.

As Hommie da Clown used to say "I DON'T THINK SO" :)

And there is not one article, print, video or otherwise that supports your wild unsubstantiated and unsupported speculation that Geno was being named the starter for expediency sake or in other words to just get through the process so they Bowles and Mac would not get "canned".

This isn't a high school football team or band camp, but a NFL, NY football team, where everything you do is scrutinized and if you are putting players out there who aren't the best then you wont be a HC and FO person in the league for long. 

There was a reason you didnt want to make this thread. Should of stuck with that. You knew that the question couldn't possibly be answered intelligently and it would just be throwing some more mud on a lame duck who can absolutely do nothing to change any opinion rite now.

BUT since u asked, IMO, of course we win that with GS. Lets b serious. lol probably win with Bryce P. We have more weapons that GS has ever seen in a huddle before. We have a punishing run game, good line, stingy defense...a nice simple OC withoit all the moving parts...... and its the browns with johnny manziel. I think Geno puts even more points up.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Its takes TWO guys to complete a pass. Of course, one to drop back and throw...and the other, who may have the more difficult job, to run a precise route, create separation, make a catch. Now, in his third year, this is the first we see GS surrounded by players who can do that at a high level. We had been glaringly deficient there before. Our offense was talentless and complicated. GS was a rookie thrown in the deep end..........

MAYBE he will be really bad, but this stupid jaw thing/missing 6 important weeks notwithstanding.....The Jets seem to be set up perfectly for a third year QB.

I personally think wed have seen more completions downfield with geno.

All you need is one pass rusher to get past his man to send Geno running away and out of the play altogether - I've never seen an NFL quarterback do this so regularly, it's exactly what not to do. He is an atrocious quarterback - we saw it for two straight years. "Fritz" (thank you, I like that) delivered more in one game than Geno in 2 years. 

His first two years in the league, where he was thrown in as a rookie after a late preseason injury and had ZERO receiving talent, in fact zero talent period (IDZIG...he played during the -26 million dollar Idzig era with a lame duck coaching staff.)

Yet still managed to grab a handful of fourth quarter comebacks as a rook and made some throws that Fitz simply could not have made.

He may end up not playing well, but its crazy to count out a qb in his third year, coming back to a much better team, because he made mistakes in his first two seasons.

In fact, year 3 is known to be the year QBs bloom in the nfl.

But I figured why not.  Does Geno beat the Browns yesterday?

You would have to figure he would. Geno was outperforming Fitz in training camp and Fitz put up 14pts and 179 passing yards. The Jets offense looked great as a collective. But its not like Fitz put up all 31pts on the Browns. 

I think its safe to say that Geno could have thrown for 179 yards 2TD's and 1INT on Sunday. It was great what our offense didnt in the latter 3 quarters, but it wasnt like Fitz set the world on fire. 

To Fitz credit, a couple passes he threw I didnt think he could make. That Decker TD was sweet and in the 4th qtr he had another slant pass to Walter Powell that would have been a TD except Mingo tipped it incomplete. You seen the zip on those passes. What I will say is that Fitz looks like a dangerous QB in the redzone which will help out the running game. 

So we had an effective and efficient QB for the first time since 2011 and that's not good enough for some posters

The odds are, based on two seasons as statistically the worst QB in the NFL that GeNO would probably have matched Johnny Meatball turnover for turnover, pick for pick and strip fumble for strip fumble.

Fitzpatrick was apparently calling plays, OL blocking schemes and formations at the LOS, GeNO couldn't remember the play the coaches sent to the headset.

Seriously, time to hit the delete button on Idzik's worst bust

Well neither would Bowles or Mac based upon what they have done so far.  Their every move has been to try and get better at every freakin position but you would posit that they would take a totally different tack with the most important position on the field, that of QB.

As Hommie da Clown used to say "I DON'T THINK SO" :)

Hommie da Clown?  Excellent, thank you.

Put Hommie da Clown in a room with Bowles, Mac, Geno, and Fritzy ... and take a wild flippin' guess who's getting bopped with a sock full of pennies. The only question would be how much longer the vicious clown punch would keep him sidelined. 

So we had an effective and efficient QB for the first time since 2011 and that's not good enough for some posters

The odds are, based on two seasons as statistically the worst QB in the NFL that GeNO would probably have matched Johnny Meatball turnover for turnover, pick for pick and strip fumble for strip fumble.

Fitzpatrick was apparently calling plays, OL blocking schemes and formations at the LOS, GeNO couldn't remember the play the coaches sent to the headset.

Seriously, time to hit the delete button on Idzik's worst bust

But didn't you hear? He looked good in shorts back in July.

But didn't you hear? He looked good in shorts back in July.

Being in the Philly area, you and I know how important the pre-season is.  Eagles starters outscored opponents 52-3 in the pre-season and went right out and lost their opener.

First and foremost I definitely believe and heard from day one that Geno was number 1 on the depth chart and nothing we had heard or seen prior to Geno being injured indicated that had changed by what had happened in OTA or training camp other than a well placed punch to the jaw. 

No where did anyone say that the Jets were making the decision to place Geno No:1 for other than what had to be termed performance based reasons.

Bowles nor Chan ever said that they "wanted to settle the Geno issue ASAP".  Never; just because someone posts what they think someone means doesn't make so. 

Bowles has been crystal clear, from day one, that the best players are going to play and so far by implication whether folks like it or not Geno was playing better than Fritz.  There may have been reasons for a new regime naming  Geno the starter but it wasn't to quicken the process or because they thought by doing so they wouldn't be "canned.'

In fact if you are a Jets fan then you heard this not from a Jets message board but directly from the OC Chan:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Gailey_Geno_Is_the_Starter/a207fe63-8ecc-4090-b0a8-6bb169e5db22

Then later on you read this:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/08/5_chan_gailey_takeaways_from_tuesday.html

The idea that a new HC, FO and OC would put a terrible QB on the field because he was a Jet the year before or because they wanted to act expeditiously is simply nonsensical. 

Would you risk your multimillion dollar job, potentially your entire family's future on a guy whom you believed sucked and was going to do a poor job if you believed you had a better alternative on your side? 

As Hommie da Clown used to say "I DON'T THINK SO"

And there is not one article, print, video or otherwise that supports your wild unsubstantiated and unsupported speculation that Geno was being named the starter for expediency sake or in other words to just get through the process so they Bowles and Mac would not get "canned".

This isn't a high school football team or band camp, but a NFL, NY football team, where everything you do is scrutinized and if you are putting players out there who aren't the best then you wont be a HC and FO person in the league for long. 

I Was going to respond to the poster but I think you got it all in a nutshell so I'll leave it at that let's hope for the best

Being in the Philly area, you and I know how important the pre-season is.  Eagles starters outscored opponents 52-3 in the pre-season and went right out and lost their opener.

after all the experts predicted the Eagles to either win the division or go 12-4 and get a wildcard.  Bradford Baby!

Archived