After Watching DRC last night, wish we grabbed him.

32EBoozer

Dude was "Lock Down" last night for the Giants. He is much better than Antonio. One last remnant of the Idzik low ball offers, terrible draft picks and overall buffoonery.

Revis and DRC would have been nasty.

By the way.... how did Buster play yeasterday. Only able to watch for about an hour and never heard his name called.... which I guess is a good thing.

Dude was "Lock Down" last night for the Giants. He is much better than Antonio. One last remnant of the Idzik low ball offers, terrible draft picks and overall buffoonery.

By the way.... how did Buster play yeasterday. Only able to watch for about an hour and never heard his name called.... which I guess is a good thing.

Skrine replaced Cro after he got hurt on the outside...and then went inside in the nickel package...so it's a good thing.

Another silly post, when DRC gets beats 3 times next week, we'll see a post the other way about how great it was we didn't sign him.  DRC is exactly like Cro, stud one week, complete turd the next.

he's one of the best but struggles against big physical receivers like Marshall. Although he shuts AJ green down twice every year

I seen him get burned a bunch last year and to be one of the best you cant struggle so mightily against big receivers. To me he is not one of the best, he is above average is how i would describe him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryant left the game twice due to injury and between him and Williams had over 100 yards receiving 

Bryant played 54 of 62 offensive snaps. Targeted 7 times. 5 catches for 54 yards. 

Is it so  hard to give DRC credit? He was all over him. Dez had to work for those 54 yards.

Bryant played 54 of 62 offensive snaps. Targeted 7 times. 5 catches for 54 yards. 

Is it so  hard to give DRC credit? He was all over him. Dez had to work for those 54 yards.

Like I said, he was hurt so I don't know how much of that belongs to DRC but he did his job. I was more impressed with the giants run D holding dallas to 80 yards. I fully expected them to run all day on that defense

Idzik called DRC's agent to make a better offer AFTER he signed with the Giants.  What a buffoon.

DRC had a good game last night, about time he earned a paycheck. DRC looked like sh*t last year, and I personally would have preferred Marcus Williams over DRC last year and I would have preferred Marcus Williams backing up Cro over just DRC this year as well. Revis and Williams looks pretty good if you ask me. 

Marcus%20Williams%20reading%20WR.gif

Rl9kmSg.gif

The "Blame Idzik" talk is way beyond old now. Matter of fact, it was Idzik's guys who did their thing for the Jets yesterday (Ivory, Pryor, Williams, Owusu, Decker, etc.) 

DRC had a good game last night, about time. 

I'm so glad we didn't force Millinery ahead of this guy (due to injury) and Williams raised the depth chart ahead of McDougle.  He was one of my favorite bandaid CBS from let year that looked like he could play.  The Va-Tech product is carving out PT for himself, good for him.  His true test comes this week vs Luck.  I don't "like him more than DRC" except we get similar play for 1/20th the price, good bang for our buck!  Hopefully he develops into something, but too early to tell.

DRC had a good game last night, about time he earned a paycheck. DRC looked like sh*t last year, and I personally would have preferred Marcus Williams over DRC last year and I would have preferred Marcus Williams backing up Cro over just DRC this year as well. Revis and Williams looks pretty good if you ask me. 

Marcus%20Williams%20reading%20WR.gif

Rl9kmSg.gif

The "Blame Idzik" talk is way beyond old now. Matter of fact, it was Idzik's guys who did their thing for the Jets yesterday (Ivory, Pryor, Williams, Owusu, Decker, etc.) 

DRC had a good game last night, about time. 

I agree that Williams at a fraction of DRC is a win! But my whole point, which I guess I didn't make clear was that I would have taken DRC over Antoino Cro. Better mechanics and technique. AC probably will be gone after this season when you look at our cap situation for next year.

Here's a quick blurb on DRC season last year. Played hurt (which seems to always be an issue with him).

2014 Season in Review

Rodgers-Cromartie's first year in New York after signing a five-year, $35 million contract ($13.98 million guaranteed) didn't exactly go as planned, but we learned some positive things about a player whose commitment has sometimes been questioned.

The most impressive number on DRC's 2014 resume is 16. During a season in which his fellow corners were all falling by the wayside due to injuries, Rodgers-Cromartie battled a series of maladies including what was called an IT Band issue and still managed to play in all 16 games. He was in and out of the lineup during many of those games, and perhaps not as effective as he might have been were he completely healthy, but he was there. In a season that went south quickly for the Giants, DRC's willingness to remain in the lineup despite being less than his best showed some toughness many probably didn't think he had.

Despite the limits his leg injuries placed on him, DRC has a relatively good year. He finished with a +7.8 Pro Football Focus grade (+7.1 in pass coverage), making him the 17th-ranked corner in the league, per Pro Football Focus. He played well, but probably not as well as he could have with two healthy legs.

I'm so glad we didn't force Millinery ahead of this guy (due to injury) and Williams raised the depth chart ahead of McDougle.  He was one of my favorite bandaid CBS from let year that looked like he could play.  The Va-Tech product is carving out PT for himself, good for him.  His true test comes this week vs Luck.  I don't "like him more than DRC" except we get similar play for 1/20th the price, good bang for our buck!  Hopefully he develops into something, but too early to tell.

No his true test came last years vs. Brady and he more than held his own.   The kid can play and will only get better with Revis as a mentor. 

No his true test came last years vs. Brady and he more than held his own.   The kid can play and will only get better with Revis as a mentor. 

dang, stated as a fact.  Well, I hope so too, but I'm not as sure it's a certainty as you I guess.  Id like to see a larger sample size before I crown him as our second best CB.

The guy sucked most of last season and you're all over him because he gave up 5 for 54 to a hurt WR.  

Believe Williams was a small school guy, North Dakota State. Agree with you that it's early to tell how good he is, but I'm a fan. He was possibly the only bright spot in an otherwise awful secondary last year.

Archived