After Watching DRC last night, wish we grabbed him.

32EBoozer

I agree.  DRC is a has been.  I remember Amukamura was covering Bryant in the red zone btw.

yup, that's what I said, he's a has been.  Because we all know there is no middle ground between he's a lockdown corner and a has been. 

actually would make more sense than you trying to tell anyone who watched the game that Dez was fine until the 3rd quarter

dang, stated as a fact.  Well, I hope so too, but I'm not as sure it's a certainty as you I guess.  Id like to see a larger sample size before I crown him as our second best CB.

I am not crowning him anything. I just saw how he played against Brady, who is better than Luck, and he was up to the challenge. He wasn't intimidated in the least; lets see how he does under the bright lights on Monday.   For the record, Skrine is probably our second best CB. 

I am not crowning him anything. I just saw how he played against Brady, who is better than Luck, and he was up to the challenge. He wasn't intimidated in the least; lets see how he does under the bright lights on Monday.   For the record, Skrine is probably our second best CB. 

If Brady's better...it isn't by much.  Brady complete 64% last year, Luck 61%, Luck had 4800 yards, Brady 4100, Luck 40 TDs and 16 INTs, Brady 33 and 9, Luck QBR 101.5, Brady 97.4, Luck can make 100% of the NFL throws...Brady...about 80% of them, Brady is also bottom 3 in the entire NFL in completing passes that travel over 9 yards in the air, with Geno Smith and Ryan Tannehill and finished 21st in yards per attempt (Luck finished 7th)...  In terms of facing Luck vs Brady, I'd argue you have to cover more of teh field vs Luck than Brady, which is a tougher match-up, IMO...but its Marino vs Montana in this debate.  Kind of depends on your preference.

If Brady's better...it isn't by much.  Brady complete 64% last year, Luck 61%, Luck had 4800 yards, Brady 4100, Luck 40 TDs and 16 INTs, Brady 33 and 9, Luck QBR 101.5, Brady 97.4, Luck can make 100% of the NFL throws...Brady...about 80% of them, Brady is also bottom 3 in the entire NFL in completing passes that travel over 9 yards in the air, with Geno Smith and Ryan Tannehill and finished 21st in yards per attempt (Luck finished 7th)...  In terms of facing Luck vs Brady, I'd argue you have to cover more of teh field vs Luck than Brady, which is a tougher match-up, IMO...but its Marino vs Montana in this debate.  Kind of depends on your preference.

Yeah I am not going to debate who is better.  The point was Williams played well against Brady as a rookie.  Now he has a year under his belt, a better team around him and a future hall of famer playing opposite from him.     I am really more focused on our guys and them playing well, then who they are playing against.  Luck, Brady who ever. 

Yeah I am not going to debate who is better.  The point was Williams played well against Brady as a rookie.  Now he has a year under his belt, a better team around him and a future hall of famer playing opposite from him.     I am really more focused on our guys and them playing well, then who they are playing against.  Luck, Brady who ever. 

Sorry, but I was just going on the comment he played Brady and Luck is a easier match-up, where beyond 20-25 yards, you dont even need to defend brady since he completes less than 9% of his passes over 9 yards..vs Luck who makes throws all over the field.  I just felt it was an interesting comment to say, "I just saw how he played against Brady, who is better than Luck, and he was up to the challenge," when with Brady, you know almost everything is between the numbers and there is a huge chunk of the field you dont even have to defend...

Sorry, but I was just going on the comment he played Brady and Luck is a easier match-up, where beyond 20-25 yards, you dont even need to defend brady since he completes less than 9% of his passes over 9 yards..vs Luck who makes throws all over the field.  I just felt it was an interesting comment to say, "I just saw how he played against Brady, who is better than Luck, and he was up to the challenge," when with Brady, you know almost everything is between the numbers and there is a huge chunk of the field you dont even have to defend...

It is harder to defend against Brady because he gets rid of the ball so quickly.  Granted the routes might be short but they are very tough to defend.   Don't know what is funny about an UDFA playing well against one of the best qbs in the league and future hall of famer.    I am personally tired of the Luck hype.  I think Williams will do just fine.  Some guys seem to have and others (say Kyle Wilsons of the world) don't.  Imho Williams has it. 

He would have failed here because izDICK would have been the one to sign him.

Probably, but instead Jerry Reese signs him so now some Jet fans think he would have been a success though he's looked wildly inconsistent with them since the signing. 

Starting to think that Jet fans wished we signed DRC just so they can "blame Idzik" for that too lol. I dont hear any Jet fan saying "Good thing Idzik didnt sign that overhyped CB and had the balls to let him walk out the building even though fans was bitching about it". 

Nope, havent heard it once. 

Archived