From the spectators perspective...

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

I enjoyed watching how this team plays.  Granted they were playing an inferior team, at home, with their backup in, etc.  I get it.

However, I enjoyed how we played the game.  I've been impressed since day one with Bowles' and the way his team played on Sunday impressed me.

We played our game.  We were sound.  Nothing gimmickie. If something was working we kept going to it until they stopped it.  We made adjustments.

I felt this team needed a steady hand at the helm to bring more consistent performance.  I think Bowles can be that guy.

As I've said - you gotta get the breaks and you gotta win games.  That's the bottom line.  However, in a league where many games are lost (Eagles, Giants, etc.) as opposed to won it's nice to see we have a coach that seems to understand the book we should be playing from...

Don't get excited about the Jets they will only trod on your heart.

I don't know BF, I have a different feeling about this team, this squad, this coach, this GM. Woody may have stumbled into something good and real for a change....finally-this coach doesn't feel like a pretender

I don't know BF, I have a different feeling about this team, this squad, this coach, this GM. Woody may have stumbled into something good and real for a change....finally-this coach doesn't feel like a pretender

I actually agree.  MacCagnan has been good so far, knows how to delegate, is a talent elevator 1st and fore most.  Bowles seems to have things a coach needs to have, none the less they are both rookies and will make some mistakes. 

I actually agree.  MacCagnan has been good so far, knows how to delegate, is a talent elevator 1st and fore most.  Bowles seems to have things a coach needs to have, none the less they are both rookies and will make some mistakes. 

Good, this team needs it's talent elevated! :P

I am optimistic about the season.

I like Bowles' attitude.  First thing he said in the post game was "we have to get better".

Rex would have been kissing all their *sses after a week 1 win like that - setting them up for a letdown in week 2.

You always go from a players guy to a strict guy and back again every time you change coaches, at least around here. But the contrast could not have been more stark Sunday; Bowles was serious, all business, looking to the next game. Rex Ryan acted like he won the Super Bowl and the Masters on the same day. Seen how that ends, good luck with that. 

Inferior team?

They won 7 games last year, we won 4. They had a full off-season to improve, like we did. 

What I saw was a Jets team that made adjustments, and pounced on the errors of the team they were playing. Like the Patriots do to the teams they play. What I didn't see was a Jets team that plays to the level of their competition, in that for every error they made we didn't make worse errors. 

Inferior team?

They won 7 games last year, we won 4. They had a full off-season to improve, like we did. 

What I saw was a Jets team that made adjustments, and pounced on the errors of the team they were playing. Like the Patriots do to the teams they play. What I didn't see was a Jets team that plays to the level of their competition, in that for every error they made we didn't make worse errors. 

and I attribute the improvement to the different philosophy that we had been living with as Jets fans since Woody bought the team from the Hess Estate. Never have we seen such a turnover of under achieving draft picks like we are right now. The Jets historically ALWAYS keep the scrubs around just BECAUSE they were drafted by the GM. We've lost a lot of better players because of that policy. Right now it's almost like they WANT to purge the roster of Idzik's and let's not kid ourselves, Rex's failures. How many times over the years have I written that it's the one thing that I admire about New England's way of dealing with drafted players. While the Jets always seemed to be in face-saving mode, hoping against all logic and reality that maybe, just maybe a player like Vern will finally get it. Todd Bowles and Mike Mac have no time or tolerance for that crap.

You always go from a players guy to a strict guy and back again every time you change coaches, at least around here. But the contrast could not have been more stark Sunday; Bowles was serious, all business, looking to the next game. Rex Ryan acted like he won the Super Bowl and the Masters on the same day. Seen how that ends, good luck with that. 

The Bills raised a 1 - 0 billboard.

Almost all teams go from one extreme to the other. The players coaching style works for a couple of years and then the players take advantage of the lax system.

The serious no nonsense guy who can lighten up one in a while is the long term answer.

I enjoyed watching how this team plays.  Granted they were playing an inferior team, at home, with their backup in, etc.  I get it.

However, I enjoyed how we played the game.  I've been impressed since day one with Bowles' and the way his team played on Sunday impressed me.

We played our game.  We were sound.  Nothing gimmickie. If something was working we kept going to it until they stopped it.  We made adjustments.

I felt this team needed a steady hand at the helm to bring more consistent performance.  I think Bowles can be that guy.

As I've said - you gotta get the breaks and you gotta win games.  That's the bottom line.  However, in a league where many games are lost (Eagles, Giants, etc.) as opposed to won it's nice to see we have a coach that seems to understand the book we should be playing from...

That is what they said about Gailey.  To be honest, I didn't notice it during the game.  I felt like we were smacking them around and felt happy that we appeared willing to pass to set up the run.  Was this something you actually noticed during the game? 

Don't get excited about the Jets they will only trod on your heart.

T-Rod Taylor!  Are you afraid of Buffalo?

Archived