2015 Around the NFL thoughts and observations

Matt39

I drafted Bradford and Dez in fantasy so I'm real depressed. Matt Ryan sucks and will be exposed again when Julio goes down with his inevitable juice-related injury. Mark Sanchez is going to lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl. Rex is going to go 9-7 and the media is going to try and give him Coach of the Year even though they went 9-7 last year as well. Mariota's passing was great and I've unfollowed literally everyone with the word "draft" in their Twitter bios because they're universally ignorant ****boys. The Saints are trash. Phillip Rivers needs to get out of San Diego.  Carson Palmer looked like he was 26. Tyrann Mathieu is Ed Reed. The Cowboys defense is putrid, but the Giants' is infinitely worse. Peyton Manning should have retired last year. The Ravens defensive front is back to manslaughter capacity. The Panthers, Jags, and Raiders are angling for the first overall. 

I drafted Bradford and Dez in fantasy so I'm real depressed. Matt Ryan sucks and will be exposed again when Julio goes down with his inevitable juice-related injury. Mark Sanchez is going to lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl. Rex is going to go 9-7 and the media is going to try and give him Coach of the Year even though they went 9-7 last year as well. Mariota's passing was great and I've unfollowed literally everyone with the word "draft" in their Twitter bios because they're universally ignorant ****boys. The Saints are trash. Phillip Rivers needs to get out of San Diego.  Carson Palmer looked like he was 26. Tyrann Mathieu is Ed Reed. The Cowboys defense is putrid, but the Giants' is infinitely worse. Peyton Manning should have retired last year. The Ravens defensive front is back to manslaughter capacity. The Panthers, Jags, and Raiders are angling for the first overall. 

I have Julio this year and he's awesome but yeah he looks like a walking muscle tear.

Mark Sanchez is going to lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl.

no

Rex is going to go 9-7 and the media is going to try and give him Coach of the Year even though they went 9-7 last year as well.

yes

some lucky assistant coach and assistant GM will find a sweet-ass job next year when they inherit Luck. Grigson and Pagano have porked that squad royally.

double yes

Any tips on who I should pick for week 2 of my survivor pool? Picked the Jets week 1 like last year, how bout the Saints home vs TB?

Chiefs ain't losing at home against Denver.   KC is a tough place to play and short rest for Denver after a lot of their guys got dinged up against Baltimore.  Oh, and did I mention that Manning's arm is toast?  That is also a key piece of the equation.  

Chiefs ain't losing at home against Denver.   KC is a tough place to play and short rest for Denver after a lot of their guys got dinged up against Baltimore.  Oh, and did I mention that Manning's arm is toast?  That is also a key piece of the equation.  

Hard for me to pick against Manning and especially since the Broncos have owned the Chiefs over the years. Broncos D is still pretty good. Broncos haven't lost to the Chiefs since 2011. I think the Chiefs will win, but I don't know if I can bet on that. 

Julio jones, juice related? My thoughts, D Murray and A Peterson both look like they're in the wrong offenses. They need a QB under center and to be running downhill when they get the ball.

Hard for me to pick against Manning and especially since the Broncos have owned the Chiefs over the years. Broncos D is still pretty good. Broncos haven't lost to the Chiefs since 2011. I think the Chiefs will win, but I don't know if I can bet on that. 

Manning looks like late-stage Chad at this point. He's done.

The Raiders played really bad in week one, and did have some key injuries in that game.( losing both starting safeties c Woodson and Nate Allen) who were suppose to be the glue to a very young secondary.   ( probably the least position they could absorb an injury).

Still this Raider team will be fine.      This Raider offense is going to be very good , and is going to get their points eventually.   ( no doubt about this)    just need a little  more time together to work out the kinks.( they are loaded on that side of the ball and  defenses don't want to see them in a couple of weeks.

on defense when you have Aldon Smith and Khalil Mack coming off the corner eventually your going to do some serious damage . (A Smith just needs more time in the defense).     Ray Ray Armstrong at Sslb needs to be replace immediately  , and you can expect K Mack, A Smith , or Benson Mayowa to be eventually be starting there.

The young secondary has to do a better job in coverage, as they have to take away the short stuff,  so Mack and Smith have time to get to the Qb.( can't let offense neutralize Mack and Smith by getting the ball out quick.) Also till they get Woodson and Allen back they could be vulnerable to the Te's.

I would be very leery of touching that Raider Ravens game this week.  (  Take the Ravens and you might be out of your suicide pool.( don't expect to see same poor Raider performance at home(

The Raiders played really bad in week one, and did have some key injuries in that game.( losing both starting safeties c Woodson and Nate Allen) who were suppose to be the glue to a very young secondary.   ( probably the least position they could absorb an injury).

Still this Raider team will be fine.      This Raider offense is going to be very good , and is going to get their points eventually.   ( no doubt about this)    just need a little  more time together to work out the kinks.( they are loaded on that side of the ball and  defenses don't want to see them in a couple of weeks.

on defense when you have Aldon Smith and Khalil Mack coming off the corner eventually your going to do some serious damage . (A Smith just needs more time in the defense).     Ray Ray Armstrong at Sslb needs to be replace immediately  , and you can expect K Mack, A Smith , or Benson Mayowa to be eventually be starting there.

The young secondary has to do a better job in coverage, as they have to take away the short stuff,  so Mack and Smith have time to get to the Qb.( can't let offense neutralize Mack and Smith by getting the ball out quick.) Also till they get Woodson and Allen back they could be vulnerable to the Te's.

I would be very leery of touching that Raider Ravens game this week.  (  Take the Ravens and you might be out of your suicide pool.( don't expect to see same poor Raider performance at home(

I'm sorry but there is a limit to over-optimism and glass-is-always-half-full Raiderism. The Raiders flat out stink. Yeah, they got Mack and a fledgling Cooper. I'll give them that. Even the worst teams have a few stars. The Raiders are one of the worst teams in the NFL. Sorry.

Right now it looks like the top picks will go to: Browns, Jags, Raiders, Tampa, and Skins in some order.  Maybe the Titans sneak in here, but I don't think so.  I do think those 6 teams will make up the top half of the draft.  You could say that would have been predictable before week 1, so maybe week 1 was just a nudge towards confirmation.

Right now it looks like the top picks will go to: Browns, Jags, Raiders, Tampa, and Skins in some order.  Maybe the Titans sneak in here, but I don't think so.  I do think those 6 teams will make up the top half of the draft.  You could say that would have been predictable before week 1, so maybe week 1 was just a nudge towards confirmation.

and the Browns and Skins will be selecting a QB, so Jets get third choice or have to trade up?

But Mannings arm is fresh beginning of every season. Towards the end of the season you can really see how tired it is. He wont be throwing bombs but can at least get some zip on short stuff and open throws.

Rex is being Rex. Same big mouth and his fans and players are eating it up. He has the whole of Buffalo ready to turn over the Pats bus and torch it.

Hoyer stinks and Obrien has to go with Mallet. The Houston defense didn't look fierce at all. Vince has officially lost the battle of the bulge and is wide as he is tall.

Tony Romo is winning me over these last couple of seasons.

One major observation I have is how inconsistent the media is when it comes to Rex. 

Rex was trashed here and his teams given no chance because of his QB situation, now all of the sudden people in the media are believers in the Bills (Tony Gonzales picked the Bills to go to the Super Bowl before the game on Sunday) as true contenders. Tyrod Taylor has one good game and everyone in the media is on the band wagon saying they found a quarterback, but Sanchez could never earn trust that fast. I think when all is said and done, Fitzpatrick is going to have a better season than Tyrod Taylor. Just wait for teams to get more tape on Tyrod, he will show his weaknesses and this Bills team will look all too much like the Jets teams of 2011-2013.

and this is why I didn't pick against manning. Capish?

I'm thinking that not firing Rex after the Pittsburgh game, which led to beating Tennessee and Miami at the end of last season, is going to wind up being the biggest mistake in the history of this franchise.

because how often are HCs fired mid season and even more to the point after a win?  

Sounds eerily like like all the complaints that the jets committed the biggest mistake in history by not tanking at the end of the season to get the spot and pick needed to get the all time great to be Reggie Bush. 

Still this Raider team will be fine.      This Raider offense is going to be very good , and is going to get their points eventually.   ( no doubt about this)  

L O L ! ! !

who do you expect them to take with the overall #1 pick in the 2016 draft?

who do you expect them to take with the overall #1 pick in the 2016 draft?

Beat me to it.

Every mid February to September 30, "this Raidaz team will be fine!" "R McKenzie is building a monstah!!"

Followed by silence from October 1 to mid February of the next year.

FTR the last time the Raidaz had that #1 pick, the Bay Area Boneheads scarfed up Jamarcus

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Archived