Tailgating at Wembley

im going to the game, so,here's the big question, is anyone else?  If so how do we set up a tailgate party,mod they do that there? Fish and chips? I dunno ? Anyway f nothing else is there a prepare bar to have all the jets fans meet at?  I've watched these games on TV and it seems to me that the English fans just cheer the entire game. like  they don't know what they are watching.mim sure some do but I'm sure most don't.  

And yes I know the game is week 4 but it's sooner than you think because of the time change. 

im going to the game, so,here's the big question, is anyone else?  If so how do we set up a tailgate party,mod they do that there? Fish and chips? I dunno ? Anyway f nothing else is there a prepare bar to have all the jets fans meet at?  I've watched these games on TV and it seems to me that the English fans just cheer the entire game. like  they don't know what they are watching.mim sure some do but I'm sure most don't.  

And yes I know the game is week 4 but it's sooner than you think because of the time change. 

I'll be there...seriously doubt you'll find any tailgating unless a bunch of us show up and just start doing it.  Even then, I'm not sure how it'll be received....might get shut down.

I see Sar is in here and I really want to end the fueding with him so I will just say this. Me and "the guy who used to lead the chant" are going to be out there and would love to try and join up with some other Jets fans the morning of the game and tailgate.. I actually asked Maxman a week or so ago if anything was going on with JetNation members. 

Let's keep this thread going and try to figure out a spot to do it. I can do a little research on whether or not they tailgate like we do - if you would like me to...

The NFL and whoever is running things in the UK sets up a vendor area where you can buy "American tailgate food." Back in the spring I was in some early discussions and research on doing a tailgate at a location out there, having a smoker manufacturer I deal with getting me equipment out there to cook on and do my thing. Unfortunately for tailgating (but fortunately for my life lol) something else outside of gameday tailgating popped onto my radar and has consumed a lot of my energy so I had to really bow out of doing this as I needed to shift resources around. This has been a really busy fall and it is going to probably get a hell of a lot busier so I am going to have to bag the whole UK trip even just to go to the game, unless I win some last minute tix from the Jets reward raffle, lol.

My idea was to show the Europeans how we get down here. I have had quite a few that join tailgatejoe when they travel here and a lot of them have contacted me to do it there. For Americans traveling out there, I'd say screw trying to recreate what we do here and just do as the natives do, find a nearby pub which I am sure will be full of people going to the game and do what their customs are. Just a suggestion.

This should give an idea of what's available officially ...

http://www.nfluk.com/events/fan-plaza.html

But basically, you can't just turn up with your own BBQ and start cooking food / drinking beer. We don't have huge car parks at the stadiums like in the US (public transport is the main way to get to the games). Plus cooking / drinking in public will no doubt contravene numerous NFLs (No Fun Laws :D)

There's a good forum on nfluk.com that specifically covers the International Series games : http://forum.nfluk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Hopefully it'll give a flavour of what they're like.

Another thing to bear in mind ... fans will be there that follow all sorts of NFL teams. (Yes, there'll be plenty of Patsie fans ...). You'll probably see shirts from the old NFL Europe league too, plus university / UK league teams. It ain't like your usual home / away game that's for sure. ;)

I see Sar is in here and I really want to end the fueding with him so I will just say this. Me and "the guy who used to lead the chant" are going to be out there and would love to try and join up with some other Jets fans the morning of the game and tailgate.. I actually asked Maxman a week or so ago if anything was going on with JetNation members. 

Let's keep this thread going and try to figure out a spot to do it. I can do a little research on whether or not they tailgate like we do - if you would like me to...

Can't wait to get back out to London.  I'll be out there and staying with the in-laws just outside of London but I plan on heading in to town quite a bit and getting to the game early.  What time you guys getting there?

One last thing ... after the Jets game, the 1PM US games should be starting up soon after (6PM local time), so it'd be worth knowing where you're heading afterwards if you want to watch these (followed by the 4PM / 9PM local time games). I imagine plenty of places will be showing them, to cash in on the 70,000 or so fans in the city at the time.

They drive on the wrong frigging side of the road. Crossing streets on foot is dangerous enough emoji4.png

Given how Geno struggled with the West Coast trip last year, best hope they don't let him out at all - he could get himself run over!

(That's assuming he even makes the trip ... ;)).

Can't wait to get back out to London.  I'll be out there and staying with the in-laws just outside of London but I plan on heading in to town quite a bit and getting to the game early.  What time you guys getting there?

we will be there from Thursday until Monday - and like I said, our hotel is literally steps away from the stadium.. so we will be there bright and early on game day. 

Let's definitely meet up. 

The NFL and whoever is running things in the UK sets up a vendor area where you can buy "American tailgate food." Back in the spring I was in some early discussions and research on doing a tailgate at a location out there, having a smoker manufacturer I deal with getting me equipment out there to cook on and do my thing. Unfortunately for tailgating (but fortunately for my life lol) something else outside of gameday tailgating popped onto my radar and has consumed a lot of my energy so I had to really bow out of doing this as I needed to shift resources around. This has been a really busy fall and it is going to probably get a hell of a lot busier so I am going to have to bag the whole UK trip even just to go to the game, unless I win some last minute tix from the Jets reward raffle, lol.

My idea was to show the Europeans how we get down here. I have had quite a few that join tailgatejoe when they travel here and a lot of them have contacted me to do it there. For Americans traveling out there, I'd say screw trying to recreate what we do here and just do as the natives do, find a nearby pub which I am sure will be full of people going to the game and do what their customs are. Just a suggestion.

^^Expert opinion found here at Jetnation.com

Sounds good...are you guys planning on going in to the center of town?  Not a whole lot out by the stadium itself.

don't really have a plan for that morning... We are hosting a party on Saturday at a bar and hosting a bus tour on Friday - I wont post the details here though bc I am sure Maxman would't be a fan of that... We intentionally left Sunday morning free so that we could just go out and enjoy ourselves with other Jets fans... I figured we would just feel it out once we get out there unless there was some organized event already set up. 

Another thing to bear in mind ... fans will be there that follow all sorts of NFL teams. (Yes, there'll be plenty of Patsie fans ...). You'll probably see shirts from the old NFL Europe league too, plus university / UK league teams. It ain't like your usual home / away game that's for sure. ;)

I remember seeing the pictures from the time the Saints played at Wembley- there was a whole bunch of Falcons fans waving Saints flags and cheering them on. Bizarre.

I'm just flying in to Gatwick that morning, going straight to Wembley, then straight back after the game.

F Sar, since you have Ed with ya, get the chant rocking!!! That's a direct order!!

My understanding is that the same day in London will have a Rugby World Cup match between Ireland and Italy.SOunds like a serious drunkfest.

Sunday, Oct. 4

Ireland vs. Italy -- Olympic Stadium, London, 11:45 a.m. NY time, 445PM London

Yeah, hopefully most of the Irish rugger buggers will have decided to travel on the Saturday so they can have a night out on the piss in London. Otherwise Dublin Airport will be a nightmare that morning.

trust me… we will be getting that chant going… 

unnamed-2.jpg

Can't wait to see it, if you get it rolling those English blokes will kick right in just because of the American football experience! Make Jets stadium for the night!!! I think if the Jets play well and y'all get the chant going, it will be an electric environment! I'll be watching for sure!

Can't wait to see it, if you get it rolling those English blokes will kick right in just because of the American football experience! Make Jets stadium for the night!!! I think if the Jets play well and y'all get the chant going, it will be an electric environment! I'll be watching for sure!

definitely a once in a lifetime trip - it is going to be totally unique and as close to a super bowl type environment as I can think of... You don't ever really have a chance to see a neutral field game in football.. Look for us behind the Jets bench around the 35 yard line... Hopefully there will be a ton of Jets fans near us. 

definitely a once in a lifetime trip - it is going to be totally unique and as close to a super bowl type environment as I can think of... You don't ever really have a chance to see a neutral field game in football.. Look for us behind the Jets bench around the 35 yard line... Hopefully there will be a ton of Jets fans near us. 

have fun! I'll definitely keep an eye out for y'all! 

Archived