Geno still "extremely" angry about punch

Furor Teutonicus

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both are at fault but if you need to have your QB be a leader and respected and Geno flunks that many times so far

And both have received punishment after a fashion.  IK is gone and Geno is watching all of this from the sidelines.  It seems to me that one of them has taken his lumps and is trying to move on as best he can and the other is whining about it like a baby.

I'm trying so hard to like and root for Geno. He just has a way of making it too difficult.

It's easy to root for Geno because if he succeeds the team will also. As far as "liking" Geno that is a much tougher issue since he doesn't seem to be a very likeable guy. Arrogance with nothing to show for it isn't a good character trait.

Is the first punch thrown in a prize fight considered a sucker punch?? They were in each others face in a argument what to you think may have happened a big juicy kiss?? :wub:

Isn't the obligation on those asserting that is was a sucker punch to support that claim rather than those claiming it was not? 

People who were in the room said it was not.

I have no idea what either of your points are.  The fact is, none of us saw what happened, I have heard that Geno was pointing in his face and that it was a sucker punch.  Who do I believe?  Nobody.  I don't really give a sh*t.  I also don't pretend that I know exactly what happened and determine the facts based on what player I like, dislike or think sucks.  Truth be told, I wish a better player were punched so that we could have a more moronic debate. Sort of like, not to get political but, I am hoping that it is Trump vs. Biden.  I think those debates will be epic.

I have no idea what either of your points are.  The fact is, none of us saw what happened, I have heard that Geno was pointing in his face and that it was a sucker punch.  Who do I believe?  Nobody.  I don't really give a sh*t.  I also don't pretend that I know exactly what happened and determine the facts based on what player I like, dislike or think sucks.  Truth be told, I wish a better player were punched so that we could have a more moronic debate. Sort of like, not to get political but, I am hoping that it is Trump vs. Biden.  I think those debates will be epic.

It was obvious to most that it wasn't a sucker punch?? Now if Geno came out of the shower and IK came around the corner and hit him that would have been a sucker punch.. When 2 guys are arguing it's not out of the realm of possibility that it may end up with a punch or more thrown if one doesn't go down like Geno did..LOL

So ... it's his fault he got attacked by some thug?  Blame him for being a bad quarterback not for being attacked by some imbecile who'd be dead or in jail right now if it wasn't for pro football.

if you are really this slow then I am sorry for not being nicer to you.  

Hope your new helmet fits good.  

It was obvious to most that it wasn't a sucker punch?? Now if Geno came out of the shower and IK came around the corner and hit him that would have been a sucker punch.. When 2 guys are arguing it's not out of the realm of possibility that it may end up with a punch or more thrown if one doesn't go down like Geno did..LOL

I have to disagree with this . If its out in the streets, parking lot, shopping center etc... I can buy your argument.   When your in a locker room and your a a starting QB for your team that's the last thing I'd expect. The fact that IK threw a punch at a starting NFL QB, in an NFL locker room  says much more about his intelligence than Geno's. Predictably enough our former idiot HC was the one who picked him up ASAP.

I have to disagree with this . If its out in the streets, parking lot, shopping center etc... I can buy your argument.   When your in a locker room and your a a starting QB for your team that's the last thing I'd expect. The fact that IK threw a punch at a starting NFL QB, in an NFL locker room  says much more about his intelligence than Geno's. Predictably enough our former idiot HC was the one who picked him up ASAP.

It's a 2 way street had that starting NFL QB been a stand up guy and paid the man like he said he would it never would have happened.. Unless of course your dumb enough to think you can screw a teammate and get away with it..LOL

My point exactly. We don't know what happened so don't call it a sucker punch.  Calling it that is attempting to spin it in a way that reflects better on Geno except that players who were in the room contested that characterization almost immediately.

It's a 2 way street had that starting NFL QB been a stand up guy and paid the man like he said he would it never would have happened.. Unless of course your dumb enough to think you can screw a teammate and get away with it..LOL

How do you know that for certain. Who knows what makes certain people tick. Even if Geno paid him it still may have escalated. The fact that someone making even league minimum as an NFL player is willing to jeporadize his NFL career over $600 tells me all I need to know about IK's mentality. 

How do you know that for certain. Who knows what makes certain people tick. Even if Geno paid him it still may have escalated. The fact that someone making even league minimum as an NFL player is willing to jeporadize his NFL career over $600 tells me all I need to know about IK's mentality. 

It says even more about Geno's mentality.

Yet to you it says nothing about Geno's mentality?? I agree with Bart Scott that said it never would have happened with Sanchez.. He said there is a ATM in the Jet locker room he should have paid IK and added a 1,000 for his charity.. I agree no one knows what makes some people tick so why go out of your way to piss them off to find out??:ph34r:

We have almost no idea what happened. Certainly not the specifics. There are still people posting that act like Geno borrowed money and refused to pay it back. Things are rarely that simple. I'm glad you all find things so easy to figure out in life that based on a few conflicting articles you can fully determine culpability, intent, leadership skills, etc. Amazing you all aren't better with draft predictions. .

We have almost no idea what happened. Certainly not the specifics. There are still people posting that act like Geno borrowed money and refused to pay it back. Things are rarely that simple. I'm glad you all find things so easy to figure out in life that based on a few conflicting articles you can fully determine culpability, intent, leadership skills, etc. Amazing you all aren't better with draft predictions. .

This thread arc comes from the fact that some are still using the "sucker punch" narrative which is an attempt to characterize events with a certain spin.

As you say none of us were in the room and so the problem lies with the people attempting to impart this spin rather than those objecting to it.

This thread arc comes from the fact that some are still using the "sucker punch" narrative which is an attempt to characterize events with a certain spin.

As you say none of us were in the room and so the problem lies with the people attempting to impart this spin rather than those objecting to it.

you sound like a chick gossipping about the kardashians... No offense to the female football fans here lol

Wow, Geno just keep your comments to yourself, because your f***ed if you do and f***ed if you don't.

Seems every thread about Geno is Either "the guy is a piece of crap" or " Yeah he screwed up, but at least give him a chance ",it too funny.

Whats more amusing is all of the hate comments are based on one game verses the Browns, where we couldn't really exploit a down field game.

I think Fritz is a very smart QB but face it fans,his physical skills are limited. What the hell did we up grade our WR core for if we are only going to play and underneath passing game.

An as much as many of you may want to throw Petty to the wolves, that only hurts the team in the long run. Yes, is the number 2 now, but only out of necessity until Geno is healthy enough to play.

Like it or not to utilize all the weapons that we have on this team, we are going to need to see if Geno can handle the job. To play the full playbook that Chan has put together, we need a QB who can throw deep, that's not Fitz, and one who has at least some game experience, that's not Petty.

So that leaves Geno, the question has to be ,in his third year and under Chan Gailey has Geno learn to overcome the mistakes that he's made in the past.

Those of you who wish to throw Geno out with the bathwater,are being quite foolish. After all, Chan made Fitzpatrick a multimillion dollar quarterback after one season. Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn't have half the physical skills that Geno possesses. So to not see Geno under Chan Gailey in the system that's more friendly to his skills, is crazy.

Love him or hate him people, we must see him play in the system, we must know if he can really be what we expected him to be when we drafted him.

If he flops, we know what we have in Ryan Fitzpatrick ,that's why we brought him in, to be the backup just in case.

In spite of what many of you are saying and believing, the reports out of training camp and all through the off-season program said that they both Todd Bowles and Chan Gailey were very happy with what they were seeing out of Geno.

An Chan clearly stated that Geno was the number one starting quarterback and the one who would be starting day one game one for the New York Jets.

So get over the hate of the past,and and focus on the present. Gino now has the weapons to be a good quarterback a good offense line a strong running game and very good wide receiver's.

Now if he falls on his face and screws up clearly we have to move on, we put Fritz in to finish out the season and hope for the best

Geno is not a Jet next year and we once again draft another QB in the later rounds. Petty is allowed to compete with Fritz and try and win the job, best QB plays. The other possibility is we bring in Flynn again and allow him to try and take it away from Fritz.

What we know is Geno said he would show up for IK's charity event and didn't even call to cancel.. Geno later said he couldn't make it and would give him the money back for the ticket IK paid for when they were in Camp and didn't after 2 weeks.. If your the starting QB and was on the poster for IK's charity event and never called him to cancel imagine how IK looked to the kids at his camp when his own teammate didn't show up?? Yet some think that's nothing to get upset about?

What we know is Geno said he would show up for IK's charity event and didn't even call to cancel.. Geno later said he couldn't make it and would give him the money back for the ticket IK paid for when they were in Camp and didn't after 2 weeks.. If your the starting QB and was on the poster for IK's charity event and never called him to cancel imagine how IK looked to the kids at his camp when his own teammate didn't show up?? Yet some think that's nothing to get upset about?

We don't actually know any of that.  I keep hearing that it was a charity, but all I saw was a youth football camp for $25 a head.  If IK wanted money for his charity, don't you think he and his reps could/would have publicized the name?  I'm sure the Geno haters on this board would have kicked in a sh*tload more than the $600.  You guys have repeatedly said players there said that it wasn't a sucker punch immediately, but the first one I saw that said that was Ik's bud Ryan Clark and that was the next day.  Doubt he was in the lockerroom.

We're told IK stepped to Geno to talk about it on Tuesday, but Geno told him to back off because he wasn't going to discuss it at that moment. Geno turned away, but IK stood his ground ... and socked Geno in the jaw.

One player told us, "He straight sucker punched him." As we reported, Jets brass immediately cut IK from the team ... and Geno's out for 6-10 weeks with a broken jaw.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/11/geno-smith-sucker-punched-charity-locker-room-ik-enemkpali/#ixzz3m1pRDG6Q

True?  How the **** should I know?  Do I think Ik's charity is sketchy?  I doubt it, but the logic used around here should be questioning it.  If he were a sub-par QB you guys would want him locked up for 25 to life and have his financials audited with a fine toothed comb.

It's fine to get upset about. No one is saying otherwise. What's not okay is punching someone in the face over it. Geno had a reasonable expectation that he could get into a heated argument in the workplace without being physically assaulted. I rely on that expectation all the time. Haven't been hit once. 

It's fine to get upset about. No one is saying otherwise. What's not okay is punching someone in the face over it. Geno had a reasonable expectation that he could get into a heated argument in the workplace without being physically assaulted. I rely on that expectation all the time. Haven't been hit once. 

Do you act like an arrogant prick in your workplace despite never having accomplished anything?

If not, that may go a long way toward explaining why you've never been punched in the face.

So if you committed to show up for some charity event for your co-worker and someone you know unfortunately passes away , your the JO for not showing up at the charity event. I would think your co-worker would understand the situation especially if he has the coin to foot the $600 bill. If your co-worker come on all aggressive to you about the money - how would you react. Again Geno should have paid him but we don't know all the facts on how it went down.

Do you act like an arrogant prick in your workplace despite never having accomplished anything?

If not, that may go a long way toward explaining why you've never been punched in the face.

I really don't care if he was acting like the biggest dick in the world (and he very well may've been), he had a reasonable expectation not to be physically assaulted in his workplace. The Jets fired IK, and rightly so. That's what would happen in most work places. 

I really don't care if he was acting like the biggest dick in the world (and he very well may've been), he had a reasonable expectation not to be physically assaulted in his workplace. The Jets fired IK, and rightly so. That's what would happen in most work places. 

I agree with the firing IK.  But, some things are worth getting fired for.

If a co-worker owes me $600, I'm going to press him for the money.  But, I'm not going to deck him.

If a co-worker owes me $600, and he's an arrogant doosh who has cost my company wins yet continues to act like he walks on water, and he comes up and wags his finger in my face, he's getting his jaw broken.  He's lucky to get off with that.

Fire me, so be it.

Geno should have been fired too.  Get him out of here.  He's a loser with a bad attitude.  Go mop a floor somewhere and tell all your co-workers how great you are.

He should be. IK essentially ended his career. Geno will never start another game for the Jets and I'd be surprised if he's on the team next season.

Geno is bad for a locker room and I wouldn't be opposed to cutting him right now. Fitz is the man until Petty is ready to play.

+1

That punch may have been the best thing that ever happened to the franchise.

Fitz does well this year, IK should get MVP.

Archived