JetNation \ FanDuel League: Week Two

Maxman

Our FanDuel league for week two is here. For those that haven't played with us before, this is a one week fantasy football league. When you enter you pick a lineup and compete against other people from JetNation.

Click here to enter

The league costs $10 to enter and check out the prize money:

1. 1st :$700
  2. 2nd :$575
  3. 3rd :$350
  4. 4th :$200
  5. 5th :$150
  6. 6th - 7th:$125
  7. 8th - 10th:$100
  8. 11th - 13th:$75
  9. 14th - 16th:$50
  10. 17th - 20th:$45
  11. 21st - 25th:$40
  12. 26th - 30th:$35
  13. 31st - 35th:$30
  14. 36th - 50th:$25
  15. 51st - 201st:$20

So basically if you enter and finish in 201st place or higher, the worst case scenario is you doubled your entrance fee.

Click here to enter

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do we have guarantee that they will keep it closed to our group?

This league is supposed to be for just us. It was last week. It was last year for every week except one, and I think they messed up that one week.

So it should be just us!

Tom Shane is in for 3 already.

Did you see that they will let you join 20 times now. If you finish in the top 200 all 20 times you will double your money. Interesting.

Did mad research last week and 4 out of my 5 teams finished in the bottom 10. This week, I went with my gut and my balls. Guts and Balls, FTW.

This league is supposed to be for just us. It was last week. It was last year for every week except one, and I think they messed up that one week.

So it should be just us!

Max

How does Fanduel know the participants are from JetNation. Say someone is browsing the board and saw this thread, what prevents him from joining? 

Max

How does Fanduel know the participants are from JetNation. Say someone is browsing the board and saw this thread, what prevents him from joining? 

Nothing prevents them from joining.  I don't think anyone has any interest in keeping it less than 200 entries other than the people participating.

Joined, so how many people entered last week? This is my first time trying Fanduel and didn't do much homework leading up to it. Not expecting anything crazy but hoping of the best. 

Somewhere around 115 - 120 I believe.

Nothing prevents them from joining.  I don't think anyone has any interest in keeping it less than 200 entries other than the people participating.

Yes. But we are also only promoting on the site and to our social media followers. We are purposely not using Hashtags so that people don't stumble upon it that way.

Yes. But we are also only promoting on the site and to our social media followers. We are purposely not using Hashtags so that people don't stumble upon it that way.

Oh don't get it wrong..  that wasn't a criticism of you in any way at all.  I wouldn't blame you if you were using hashtags and promoing the hell out of it.  The fact that you actually considered that and avoided it increases my high opinion of how you run your site.

I'm currently submitting 10 or so entries for the money I won last week then sitting in holding pattern until I see how many entries there are later in the week.

Oh don't get it wrong..  that wasn't a criticism of you in any way at all.  I wouldn't blame you if you were using hashtags to promo the hell out of it.  The fact that you actually considered that and avoided it increases my high opinion of how you run your site.

slurp slurp slurrrrrppppp smack ahhhhhhh slurp slurp slurp hackhackhack wheeze cough slurp slurp slurp slurp smack

slurp slurp slurrrrrppppp smack ahhhhhhh slurp slurp slurp hackhackhack wheeze cough slurp slurp slurp slurp smack

He's the only guy I've seen on this site that deserves kind words.  When I get to actually compliment someone they tend to benefit from all the stored good will that I can't send elsewhere.

Oh don't get it wrong..  that wasn't a criticism of you in any way at all.  I wouldn't blame you if you were using hashtags and promoing the hell out of it.  The fact that you actually considered that and avoided it increases my high opinion of how you run your site.

I'm currently submitting 10 or so entries for the money I won last week then sitting in holding pattern until I see how many entries there are later in the week.

Thanks!

It is more fun looking through the list and knowing everyone who signed up!

They know damned well that many of us will spend the $10 winnings and a lot more right on their genius site.  They know exactly what they are doing.  I have never seen a more aggressive advertising blitz as fanduel has been putting out the last 3 weeks.  Hats off to them.  They built a winner. 

Archived