Denver V. KC game tonight

faba

Peyton led the 80 yard drive to tie. .. That will be the story tomorrow,  but he failed my eyeball test miserably.  Throws were high, low, too far in front, behind, overthrown,  and underthrown.

When wind starts blowing and temperature drops,  PM will be a sad sight.

Peyton led the 80 yard drive to tie. .. That will be the story tomorrow,  but he failed my eyeball test miserably.  Throws were high, low, too far in front, behind, overthrown,  and underthrown.

When wind starts blowing and temperature drops,  PM will be a sad sight.

but Nance all but drooled over himself in praising every single completion as a "great pass" by Manning.  Every pass seemed to wobble and flutter more than another yet Nance acted like he never saw a forward pass before.

Wait until he throws in the cold weather, will get ugly for Manning

That will be the prevailing thought. Still, playing for OT with timeouts still is some seriously weak sauce IMO. 

not only not weak, not only the right play but they would have kept playing instead of having to deal with a devastating loss

not only not weak, not only the right play but they would have kept playing instead of having to deal with a devastating loss

Right. And then when they lose in OT people will say they had 30 seconds and a timeout left and did nothing with it. 

Lol, what a terrible ending for KC.  Great for viewing, but that was just a horrible ending.  Manning doesn't look the same at all, there is almost no way he misses that throw to Caldwell in the endzone in the past (although the TD to Sanders was pretty much the same route).  

Right. And then when they lose in OT people will say they had 30 seconds and a timeout left and did nothing with it. 

you're seriously thinking the odds of scoring with just under 30 seconds were the same as losing in OT?  No one knowing the game would have given them shlt for taking a knee in that spot.  Everyone will for not having taken a knee. 

you're seriously thinking the odds of scoring with just under 30 seconds were the same as losing in OT?  No one knowing the game would have given them shlt for taking a knee in that spot.  Everyone will for not having taken a knee. 

Trust me. If they would have lost in OT a ton of people would have been screaming 'YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!'

And sure, 30 seconds and a timeout can get you in FG range. Look what happened Sunday night. Teams still play prevent d for some reason. 

At the same time, a hand off out of the gun isn't the play you run. Now would KC have done it? Probably not. That stat about 18 TOTAL throws of  21+ last year was mind boggling. 

Marcus Peters, if he keeps his head on straight, has a chance to be a BIG

TIME CB.  Very impressive, he's a big, physical corner with good ball skills.

Considering he was suspended last year at Washington it seems like he

hasn't missed a beat

My favorite part was the stat where they showed KC hadn't thrown a TD to a WR since 2013 when they were in the red zone first half. The following 4 Play Smith forced every single pass to the RB. It's like he's reading from a remedial playbook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite part was the stat where they showed KC hadn't thrown a TD to a WR since 2013 when they were in the red zone first half. The following 4 Play Smith forced every single pass to the RB. It's like he's reading from a remedial playbook.

Wow!  That is horrific.  Part of that has to be Bowe falling off a cliff, but still.  Joe McKnight has two TDs receiving for them during that span - in the same game!

Marcus Peters, if he keeps his head on straight, has a chance to be a BIG

TIME CB.  Very impressive, he's a big, physical corner with good ball skills.

Considering he was suspended last year at Washington it seems like he

hasn't missed a beat

Agreed. He looked really, really good last night.

Overall, the worst person on the field last night was Andy Reid. Bad decisions at the end of the half and end of the game cost them a pivotal in-division win. Stupid.

That wasn't Smith forcing throws to the RB, that's an Andy Reid play call. On that first red zone trip when they had the ball at the 3? All they need to do was let Charles or Davis run it in, but Charles Split outside and lost 3 yards (he really should've let the ball drop). 2 plays later, same frigin thing. Charles dances past one guy to make up some yards and he tried to dance again and ended up losing the ball. That's just Andy Reid trying to get fancy when all he had to do was run it 3 times from the 3. 

Well good to see that a STUPID team and a stupid play call was sufficiently penalized last night.

For years I've been saying that teams need to make up their mind at end game whether they are going to try to score or not from their own end with time to maybe drive for a fg.  I've always thought it pure idiocy to hand off in that situation instead of either passing the ball and try to move up the field if you have the guts or kneel down and send the game to ot, and yet teams very often do run the ball, sure enough it finally cost them for being stupid.

Was also funny to listen to Simms who suggested they run the ball before the play start back tracking and musing that maybe they should have knelt down.  Typical media putz.

That wasn't Smith forcing throws to the RB, that's an Andy Reid play call. On that first red zone trip when they had the ball at the 3? All they need to do was let Charles or Davis run it in, but Charles Split outside and lost 3 yards (he really should've let the ball drop). 2 plays later, same frigin thing. Charles dances past one guy to make up some yards and he tried to dance again and ended up losing the ball. That's just Andy Reid trying to get fancy when all he had to do was run it 3 times from the 3. 

I agree, but it doesn't take away from the fact it's pathetic.

Archived