fumble and ran it back to the NE 30 yard line.  They were in FG
range at worst BUT wait a second Aaron Williams threw a punch
after the play.  So they get moved back to the 45 and have an
immediate 3 and out.  No FG attempt

- If NE didn't try to rub it in the game never would've been that
close.  They were still throwing up by 12 with under 4 minutes left
and Brady fumbled setting up another BUF TD

- Don't let Tyrod Taylor's numbers fool you he was AWFUL.  He was 
sacked at least 8 times and if his first read wasn't open he panicked.
NE didn't give him any running lanes so he didn't know what to do.
In addition he was inaccurate and threw 3 INT's

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But man did I enjoy the butt whipping NE put on BUF today.  Don't
let the final score fool you (40-32) it wasn't that close.  You
had the standard Ryan nonsense:

- BUF incredibly undisciplined AGAIN with more than 12 accepted
penalties for over 100+ yards

- This was a new one, Ryan attempted to challenge a play too late
while BUF was punting.  Think about that, HIS OWN team was punting
and he still threw the flag too late

- Personal fouls everywhere.  Here's a good one, BUF recovered a 
immediate 3 and out.  No FG attempt

- If NE didn't try to rub it in the game never would've been that
close.  They were still throwing up by 12 with under 4 minutes left
and Brady fumbled setting up another BUF TD

- Don't let Tyrod Taylor's numbers fool you he was AWFUL.  He was 
sacked at least 8 times and if his first read wasn't open he panicked.
NE didn't give him any running lanes so he didn't know what to do.
In addition he was inaccurate and threw 3 INT's

What was interesting on the challenge before the punt was if he won the challenge it wouldn't have made it so they didn't have to punt. I'm not sure why they hell he was challenging it in the first place. 

At least that's how I remember it.

The penalties were ridiculous and totally affected any chances they had of gaining momentum and winning. It was very nice to hear Bowles in his post game say. "They had 12 penalties, we had 4"   There is an obvious attention to that aspect of the game now.

the wasted TO was classic.  6 minutes to go, on offense, harvin goes in motion, TO

he NEVER has all 3 time outs at the end of the game

but the best REXism was his defense couldn't get a stop at the end of the game, and of course a DPI call

rex' battle cry "shoulda coulda woulda"

Here's another one the standard Ryan defense where he attempts to
guard Gronkowski with a slower LB.  It was so bad even the analyst
(Gannon) was questioning why he was doing it

How about talking about 2-3 men coverage on Gronk all week then having one man cover him?  I'm a Bills fan and I have to say I hope that  a numerous amount of fans learned their lesson.   They acted as if Buffalo had this game in the bag all week long and at the end had their butts handed to him.  Admittedly,  I thought we had a good chance to win this game but never called it a slam dunk.  In retrospect,  I think all of the hype here in Buffalo motivated a Super Bowl Champion Team.   I still think we have a great team.  Time to just move forward.

How about talking about 2-3 men coverage on Gronk all week then having one man cover him?  I'm a Bills fan and I have to say I hope that  a numerous amount of fans learned their lesson.   They acted as if Buffalo had this game in the bag all week long and at the end had their butts handed to him.  Admittedly,  I thought we had a good chance to win this game but never called it a slam dunk.  In retrospect,  I think all of the hype here in Buffalo motivated a Super Bowl Champion Team.   I still think we have a great team.  Time to just move forward.

Your head coach is as much a buffoon on game day as he is every day.  The Bills are now the undisciplined, self-destructive mess the Jets were under Rex.  Yes, Jeannie, there is some talent on the team.. just as there was here (until Rex and his GMs ruined that too) but rest assured.. Rex won't use the Bills talent correctly and will stumble into dumb ways of turning the tables on anything positive.

"- Personal fouls everywhere.  Here's a good one, BUF recovered a 
immediate 3 and out.  No FG attempt"

That was killer. the difference between it being a competitive game and a joke. Your margin vs. the Pats is that small and this idiot doesn't grasp that all those 15 yarders KILL YOU.

And don't forget the visual as all those penalties are called, Ryan with his

arms outstretched yelling at the refs like it's their fault that his team is

undisciplined

I think there was a 15 yarder called on the Bills sideline too. It was bad today. 

It was just vintage Rex coaching. Team super amped up to start then super flat. Numerous "broken" coverages, over-aggessive play when it should not be, many many penalties especially a bunch of unsportsmanlike penalties. terrible in game management, early time outs, all the things we were tortured with for years. Tyrod Taylor is terrible, I have no fear of him he will be super easy to defend.

This game fell into line with one of the worst aspects of having Rex as the coach. He has huge emotional victories followed by a big turd the next week. Outside of the first drive the Bills looked lost and undisciplined. 

Players should have emotion.  Coaches can have some, of course.  But too much and you get the swings, the big win, the huge letdown. 

so the next phase is to ruin tyrod taylor.  I'm guessing color coded wrist bands or a yo-yo job with cassell

I still have faith in Taylor.  He didn't have good coverage today.  This resulted in a lot of bad throws and sacks (of course).  

Your head coach is as much a buffoon on game day as he is every day.  The Bills are now the undisciplined, self-destructive mess the Jets were under Rex.  Yes, Jeannie, there is some talent on the team.. just as there was here (until Rex and his GMs ruined that too) but rest assured.. Rex won't use the Bills talent correctly and will stumble into dumb ways of turning the tables on anything positive.

Gee Dcat:  I hope we can turn this around quick.  Was pretty excited after last week's game.  I thought we had a real good chance today but I wasn't one to boast.  Believe,  there's a lot of fans here in Buffalo who are eating crow after their over-confidence throughout the week.

Yes,  there was but they didn't say who it was against.  I thought maybe it was Rex but wasn't sure.

Rex looked perplexed when they called that and looked around as if to say. " On WHO??" 

It made me think of how Rex looked when Marty Morningweig called the TO in the Greenbay game last season. 

This game fell into line with one of the worst aspects of having Rex as the coach. He has huge emotional victories followed by a big turd the next week. Outside of the first drive the Bills looked lost and undisciplined. 

the fourth quarter was pretty good - scored 19 points.  I thought we'd come back in the second half and also thought we had a good chance of still winning (after the first half).  

Rex looked perplexed when they called that and looked around as if to say. " On WHO??" 

It made me think of how Rex looked when Marty Morningweig called the TO in the Greenbay game last season. 

I couldn't get a read on Rex after the play was called as he had his back to the camera.   

Watching the Rex presser now, boy is he twisted. Very short with some of the questions, adding in the patented "this is on me", "I gotta do better" etc...:rolleyes:

The rest of the week will go as follows:

- On Monday at his recap press conference he'll boast how they made the corrections.  And

how those mistakes won't happen again

- Then he'll boast about how great Taylor was and how he's going to be the next Vick

- Then as the press conference is ending he'll say "I wish we could play right now" to fire

up the fan base

It's so predictable

Archived