Major opportunity early for the Jets.

Villain The Foe

The Jets have a major opportuniy here. The Bills, Fins, Ravens, Chargers, Chiefs all lost this weekend. If if the Jets win Monday night that means the Colts also lost and that would really put the jets in great position early in the playoff hunt with many of the "AFC favorites" reeling from division/conference losses. 

The way week 2 fell into place the importance of this game Monday night will give us the 1st glimpse of what this team is really capable of. No matter what we say, the goal is to ultimately capture the moment. What better opponent than a Colts team that gets massive praise given their QB? 

If the jets can win this game on the big stage during prime time and position themselves in the playoff hunt early then the Football world will start to take notice. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

historically this is a game that the Jets not only lose but get blown out in.   this game will be a great barometer of where the Jets are early in the season.   the colts game last week doesn't matter....dome team, playing outside on the road with no film on tomsula/taylor.   

fwiw, I think bowles calm demeanor and emphasis on details will help.  colts home opener in primetime after a loss is a tough pull but I think the Jets actually match up well with the Colts. The media doesn't realize just how bad the QB/WR/CB play was last season and the impact of Revis, Fitz, Marshall.   Jets roll 27-23.  

historically this is a game that the Jets not only lose but get blown out in.   this game will be a great barometer of where the Jets are early in the season.   the colts game last week doesn't matter....dome team, playing outside on the road with no film on tomsula/taylor.   

fwiw, I think bowles calm demeanor and emphasis on details will help.  colts home opener in primetime after a loss is a tough pull but I think the Jets actually match up well with the Colts. The media doesn't realize just how bad the QB/WR/CB play was last season and the impact of Revis, Fitz, Marshall.   Jets roll 27-23.  

Hugely disappointing if the Jets don't win tomorrow now that Indy won't have their 2nd, 3rd and 4th CB's and a weak O-line.

I think this matchup is better than the Jets are getting credit for. Especially when you factor in the injuries.

The Jets have a major opportuniy here. The Bills, Fins, Ravens, Chargers, Chiefs all lost this weekend. If if the Jets win Monday night that means the Colts also lost and that would really put the jets in great position early in the playoff hunt with many of the "AFC favorites" reeling from division/conference losses. 

The way week 2 fell into place the importance of this game Monday night will give us the 1st glimpse of what this team is really capable of. No matter what we say, the goal is to ultimately capture the moment. What better opponent than a Colts team that gets massive praise given their QB? 

If the jets can win this game on the big stage during prime time and position themselves in the playoff hunt early then the Football world will start to take notic

If the jets can win this game on the big stage during prime time and position themselves in the playoff hunt early then the Football world will start to take notice. 

lol

Something tells me Bowles calm demeanor & Chans experience will be used to keep this team playing at an even keel, play to their strengths, attack the Colts weakness WITHOUT FEAR!

Without all of those corners & a small defense up front let's get after them on offense! Fitz has thrown 6 TDs in one game vs a sh*tty defense. Colts D sucks & they did zero to fix it in the offseason. I think our defense ca SLOW DOWN Luck, they shouldn't need a shutout to win, our offense should drop 31 on these lousy Colts.

that's the odd part - on paper the Jets are 7pt underdog.   I think just about every jet fan is expecting a win tomorrow.   do we know something the media doesn't or are we just homers?   

Great point. I personally think Bowles quiet style has the media overlooking the roster and team. Bowles is probably watching film most nights instead of talking to Manish. On paper, literally the only position the Colts are better in is QB and our DL should be able to get pressure on him. 

Side note: I can't wait for Sheldon to join this group on defense.

that's the odd part - on paper the Jets are 7pt underdog.   I think just about every jet fan is expecting a win tomorrow.   do we know something the media doesn't or are we just homers?   

A quick glance at the Colts' forums shows their fans aren't confident at all.  Nearly half seem to be expecting a Jets win.  They're a lot like us with the exact opposite problem.  Great QB with nothing around him. 

historically this is a game that the Jets not only lose but get blown out in.   this game will be a great barometer of where the Jets are early in the season.

This.

I have no idea, honestly, how it'll turn out.  No prediction of any kind.

But this quote above IS dead on.  Tomorrow night will tell us alot about the 2015 NY Jets.

There is a huge chance that Sheldon won't see the light of day due to his immaturity and reckless behavior.

This is the kind of thing I'd put money on, and I don't gamble. But this wouldn't be gambling, this would just be taking your money. Sheldon will start for the Jets this year. 

I think the media's analysis is completely simplistic. 90% of the talking heads in the media simply do this: "Luck > Fitzpatrick therefore Colts win". Outside of the QB position we are the better team. I expect the Colts to win 10-11 games this year with Luck at QB in the weak AFC South, but if Luck was on our team, I'd expect 12+ wins in the tougher AFC East. 

If the Colts win, Luck will be the only reason why. Take him off of that team and they're in the sweepstakes for a top 5 draft pick. The Colts as an organization should be embarrassed that they have had back to back super star QBs and can't seem to equip them with supporting casts that can make them true contenders year in and year out. 

I think we're gonna win tomorrow, but it won't be easy. I expect Luck to kill us on 3rd down and to rack up rushing yards by scrambling. If we win, we will win by forcing the Colts to settle for FGs and by sustaining long run-based drives that end in touchdowns. I'm thinking we win this along the lines of 27-23

Winning the game would be a huge coup but in the grand scheme of things losing to the team most likely to win the south would not be the end of the season. We often lose these games like others have said so I will root tomorrow night for a win but I am not waking up tomorrow feeling like the W is already in the bag. The colts have just as much to prove tomorrow night as we do.

Winning the game would be a huge coup but in the grand scheme of things losing to the team most likely to win the south would not be the end of the season. We often lose these games like others have said so I will root tomorrow night for a win but I am not waking up tomorrow feeling like the W is already in the bag. The colts have just as much to prove tomorrow night as we do.

The Rams looked great last week and wet the bed this week against the Redskins.  Week-2 is just week-2

Im reminded of low expactations where I would say... "Lets not get embarrassed on National Television".  

Archived