Eric vs Brandon

JOJOTOWNSELL

I have both Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall on my fantasy team and I'm down 13 points heading into Monday Night Football

Who would you start? It seems that people love Decker to have a huge game since INDY has injuries in the secondary and Marshall should be blanketed by Vontae Davis

Am I being too cute thinking Decker will have the better game?  Feels weird starting him over Marshall but thats what my gut tells me

Who is going to have the better game in your opinion....may help me get a win

i have until game time to make my decision

I actually think BECAUSE Davis is covering Marshall that #15 will have the bigger #'s; steps up game to level of competition. 

But, as stated in many other threads, from my understanding, Indy is out like 3 CBs so Decker should, in theory, SHRED the 2dary in this game based on talent alone. Decker only had 2 receptions last week, but one was a TD. 

I say Marshall announces himself to the nation vs. Indy and causes Irsay to tear Pagano a new one.  

I'm in the same boat but don't have both players I have Decker & I'm down 9. I'm in a PPR league so I'm pretty confident, he just needs to make 2 big plays really to get me over the hump.

If I had both, I'd start Decker. He's going to be covered by a neophyte & I guarantee you Chan uses him in the slot to increase his chances to shake free. 

I'm in a close fantasy battle with someone who has Decker and Ivory.  While I have Marshall and the Jets D tonight.  Marshall vs Decker?  Tough one.  But I gotta figure Marshall is gonna get his targets, especially in the RZ.  As others have said, Indi's banged-up secondary initially points to Decker having a big game.  Though Indi knows Decker is a threat, so they will gameplan for him.  It's the unknown that I think has the big game this week, so long as Fitz can muster up the arm strength.  I'm expecting a breakout "welcome to the NFL" performance from Devin.

So this game:  Marshall > Decker cause BM will always see targets.  And Devin steals targets while Decker is the focus of Indi's beat-up secondary.

Easily could be wrong, but as long as the Jets win, I really couldn't care less.  I'll take the fantasy loss if it means Decker going off and leading the Jets to 2-0.

I like that Decker was used in the slot last week.  This could mean more opportunities.  Marshall will get his share of the football but I like Decker tonight.   What I don't like hearing is how the Colts secondary is in shambles.  We are a running team and I dont want to fall in this trap that now we can just pass the ball all game.  Stick to the game plan.  Keep Luck off the field as much as possible.

this is the news that has been haunting me.....when i hear phrases like Vontae Davis should make Brandon Marshalls week a "living Nightmare" i take notice

Vontae Davis is expected to shadow Brandon Marshall on Monday night.
Davis held Bills top wideout Sammy Watkins without a catch last week. He's one of the top corners in football and should make Marshall's life a living nightmare in Week 2. Fortunately for the Jets, the rest of Indy's secondary is depleted with Darius Butler (hip) and Greg Toler (neck) both out with injuries. Slot man Eric Decker could be in for a big week

or

Jets OC Chan Gailey plans to continue using Eric Decker in the slot.
That's where he was last week when he caught two balls for 37 yards and a touchdown. Newcomer Brandon Marshall saw nine targets to Decker's three in Week 1. Playing in the slot could lead to more targets in the long run, but at this point we're hesitant to label Decker as anything more than a boom-or-bust WR3. 

RotoGrinders.com Daily Slant: Decker lining up in the slot is great news for his DFS value. Colts shutdown corner Vontae Davis plays strictly on the outside and will likely be matched up with Brandon Marshall, giving Decker extra room to roam against Darius Butler or Jalil Brown (both of whom earned negative coverage grades in Week 1). Expect the target distribution to swing in Decker's favor in Week 2. Decker is a great tournament pivot from more popular plays such as Terrance Williams, Stevie Johnson or Donte Moncrief

I like that Decker was used in the slot last week.  This could mean more opportunities.  Marshall will get his share of the football but I like Decker tonight.   What I don't like hearing is how the Colts secondary is in shambles.  We are a running team and I dont want to fall in this trap that now we can just pass the ball all game.  Stick to the game plan.  Keep Luck off the field as much as possible.

After a few more weeks I think you will see us going from a run team to a balanced team.  Even the 1st week of the season we ran 24 passing plays to 36 run plays.  But we also were in garbage time in the 4th and Powell ran the Browns into oblivion.  I think you are going to see this team 50/50 in most games.  Bowles is very big on being balanced because balance means more options and things defenses need to gameplan and focus on in prep.

They're both decent fantasy plays I would lean Marshall just cuz Fitz has him as his first progression on 3rd down.

id be worried about Ivory running all over the colts D tonight and limited targets for both players which is why I started James Jones over Decker

On a side note, Jones is pissin' me off.  I have both Cobb and Davante Adams.  Yet this old dude who was dropped from the Midgets is gettin all the TDs damn it!  Smart pickup.

this is the news that has been haunting me.....when i hear phrases like Vontae Davis should make Brandon Marshalls week a "living Nightmare" i take notice

Vontae Davis is expected to shadow Brandon Marshall on Monday night.
Davis held Bills top wideout Sammy Watkins without a catch last week. He's one of the top corners in football and should make Marshall's life a living nightmare in Week 2. Fortunately for the Jets, the rest of Indy's secondary is depleted with Darius Butler (hip) and Greg Toler (neck) both out with injuries. Slot man Eric Decker could be in for a big week

or

Jets OC Chan Gailey plans to continue using Eric Decker in the slot.
That's where he was last week when he caught two balls for 37 yards and a touchdown. Newcomer Brandon Marshall saw nine targets to Decker's three in Week 1. Playing in the slot could lead to more targets in the long run, but at this point we're hesitant to label Decker as anything more than a boom-or-bust WR3. 

RotoGrinders.com Daily Slant: Decker lining up in the slot is great news for his DFS value. Colts shutdown corner Vontae Davis plays strictly on the outside and will likely be matched up with Brandon Marshall, giving Decker extra room to roam against Darius Butler or Jalil Brown (both of whom earned negative coverage grades in Week 1). Expect the target distribution to swing in Decker's favor in Week 2. Decker is a great tournament pivot from more popular plays such as Terrance Williams, Stevie Johnson or Donte Moncrief

Wasn't Joe Hayden supposed to shut Marshall down?

Archived