Penalties yesterday

AFJF

Wow...I watched two games (Buf/NE and Phi/Dal)....I think the flag count was over fifty.  I don't recall hearing anything about refs being told to be more strict this season...anyone else notice an insane number of flags in other games?

Rex still hasn't learned that an undisciplned team never beats Brady & BB.

Ridiculous amount of penalties by the Bills. One player (Williams?) had 3 personal fouls, that's 45 yards right there!

Those 3 alone could have been the difference, you never know, but since they had over 10 penalties they gave themselves no chance. Like climbing up hill with your arms tied. We haven't even talked about the interceptions & a fumble!

Ridiculous amount of penalties by the Bills. One player (Williams?) had 3 personal fouls, that's 45 yards right there!

Those 3 alone could have been the difference, you never know, but since they had over 10 penalties they gave themselves no chance. Like climbing up hill with your arms tied. We haven't even talked about the interceptions & a fumble!

I think Dallas had 18.

I feel it's always worse in September , league trying to set the expectation . They do the same thing in the NHL the first month .

I've seen them do it in past seasons with a new rule or a particular rule they're going to emphasize for the season but they were all over the board.  That Philly/Dallas game might be the worst game I've ever watched.

I believe the new CBA and the reduction of time staffs have with players leads to the

sloppy, penalty filled games we are seeing.  A staff REALLY needs to have a plan on how to

address penalties otherwise they'll be plagued by them all year

The # of fouls by the Pats & the Bills yesterday were pretty close.. Not saying that Rex doesn't have a problem with undisciplined teams (we all know he does), but to be fair the Refs were calling a lot of penalties on everyone yesterday. 

There were a lot of sloppy games yesterday, but the Bills team was out of control.  There is a difference between an OL holding because he is beat, and a team being so amped up that that are smacking people after the play is dead.  3 personal fouls and the coach had to practically tackle him on the sideline.  He was out of control and the penalties were just stupid gifts to a team that didn't need the help.

There are 'save the QB and take the flag' type of penalties, there are poor skills penalties, lack of focus penalties, and then there are the stupid, so hyped-up, me before the team penalties.  Unfortunately, those are the types of penalties that kill a team and are a product of a Rex team.

Archived