Want A Philly Win Badly, But I Can't Root Against Sanchez

SAR I

IMO there is no question that the Jets 'ruined' Sanchez.  To me the question is had another organization taken Sanchez would he have become a good (top 15 QB).  I think that point is debatable, but the idea that the Jets did their best work in trying to get Sanchez to meet his full potential is not.  The coaches, pressure, lack of talent all worked against him.  Mark has his worts, no doubt.  But could a more functional OC/Offense have helped him become good, that is something else.

Put it this way, if Mark was joining this current team/FO/Coaching staff as a rookie or a sophomore, what would we be saying about his (or the Jets) future? In other words, what are the Jets chances/upside under their current roster (except QB) if the QB is either:

Fitz.

Geno (rookie or 2nd year)

Sanchez (rookie or 2nd year).

I would imagine that most people would pick Sanchez.  Would it have worked out for us this year with a rookie Sanchez? Who knows, but I would suspect that most people would be more optimistic if that was the case.

Good post.

I leave you with this:  In August of 2011, fresh off of back-to-back AFC Championship appearances, not a single word was uttered by a fan in the stadium or in a discussion forum about a "problem" at quarterback.  Instead, we were talking about Super Bowl hotel rooms and courting a luxury like Nnamdi Asomugha.  We were set at QB, Mark Sanchez was proven and developing, he could only get better with age.

But something happened that year and if you look closely it's very easy to see what his HC and GM did to him.  Tom Brady coudn't have won with those 2011 and 2012 teams, certainly not our youngster.

SAR I

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unlike Leinart Sanchez actually had success in this ;league and helped improve our franchise.

No, he was hauled along by a top notch running game and defense to glory.  He was always an inaccurate, turnover prone QB that had a few pretty good games but overall is where he should be right now in the prime of his career, sitting on the bench.

I leave you with this:  In August of 2011, fresh off of back-to-back AFC Championship appearances, not a single word was uttered by a fan in the stadium or in a discussion forum about a "problem" at quarterback.

Completely False.  At least on this message board.  Plenty of people here saw Sanchez for the problem he was.  Many just optimistically hoped he would improve.  He didn't.  The end.

Really..so you want to face Sanchez over Bradford?  That flies in the face of everything you just stated. "confused"

wait...my bad, I mis read it.  WE GOOD:D

I meant after this coming week, we have a much better chance to win if we face Bradford.

Well, in simplistic terms, he led a 7-3 team to 10-6 while leading the league in turnovers.  Not sure what Chip Kelly or Sam Bradford have to do with any of that, but cool story!

the team was 6-2 when he took over, they finished 4-4 w/ Mark starting but faced the tougher portion of their sched and the O improved by a wide margin w/ Mark.  the D is what killed them.

No, he was hauled along by a top notch running game and defense to glory.  He was always an inaccurate, turnover prone QB that had a few pretty good games but overall is where he should be right now in the prime of his career, sitting on the bench.

we never had a great run game, that is a myth.  the ground game was very good at times in 2009 and average in 2010.

How many times did that D blow games late? they were elite in rankings only.  Good Ds but even truly great Ds need quality QB play to win and our good D got more than that w/ Mark.

I meant after this coming week, we have a much better chance to win if we face Bradford.

the team was 6-2 when he took over, they finished 4-4 w/ Mark starting but faced the tougher portion of their sched and the O improved by a wide margin w/ Mark.  the D is what killed them.

So, that he lead the league in turnovers during his tenure is irrelevant to the D's performance?  And how exactly are you quantifying the offense improving by a "Wide Margin"

So, that he lead the league in turnovers during his tenure is irrelevant to the D's performance?  And how exactly are you quantifying the offense improving by a "Wide Margin"

except he didn't lead the league in TOs while he was a Jet.

he led the O to almost a TD more per game against a much tougher sched than Foles faced.

actually he played very well for Philly throughout last season.  they missed the playoffs b/c they couldn't stop anyone not b/c of mark. 

Time for a brief reality check from the anti-delusion and revisionist history squad......

Buttfumble took over as starting QB of the Eagles from Foles when the Eagles were 6-2 and the probable #1 seed in the NFC playoffs

He "led" the Eagles to a mediocre, turnover and fumble laden .500 record over the last 8 games and almost singlehandedly got them booted out of the playoffs altogether

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Time for a brief reality check from the anti-delusion and revisionist history squad......

Buttfumble took over as starting QB of the Eagles from Foles when the Eagles were 6-2 and the probable #1 seed in the NFC playoffs

He "led" the Eagles to a mediocre, turnover and fumble laden .500 record over the last 8 games and almost singlehandedly got them booted out of the playoffs altogether

the reality is they played the weak portion of their schedule w/ Foles. they were 5-2 when Sanchez came in for an injured Foles and the game was 7-7 when he entered. 

they were 4-4 in the 8 games he started(plus winning the game he came in when the game was tied) but in the first half of the year they played ONE playoff bound team, in the 8 games Mark started they played 5 games against playoff bound teams including the top 2 teams in the NFC.

except he didn't lead the league in TOs while he was a Jet.

he led the O to almost a TD more per game against a much tougher sched than Foles faced.

30 PPG is not "almost a TD more" than 29.25 PPG.  Oh, Math.

I'm not sure if he led the league in turnovers as a Jet, but this is about the Eagles.  Also, if he didn't lead the league in turnovers when he was a Jet, he was close.

I'm not sure if he led the league in turnovers as a Jet, but this is about the Eagles.  Also, if he didn't lead the league in turnovers when he was a Jet, he was close.

Thanks to the Supreme Court of the United States, junc and his beloved Mark can now tie the knot in any one of the 50 United States and in Puerto Rico, US VI, Guam, Palau and American Samoa.

Congratulations to both of you

LOL

Four pages of you guys responding to SAR's troll post.

You guys love the smell of SAR's ass so much, you can't fight each other off fast enough to get the next whiff.

Pathetic.

LOL

The ultimate sign of the "non-pathetic," of course, is to attempt to belittle others for how exactly they procrastinate at work.

stop looking up #s and dig deeper.  we don't count D/STs scores toward what an OFFENSE scores.

w/ Foles:

basically 7 games(Sanchez came in during 2nd qtr of 7-7 game at Houston)

in those 7 games the Eagles scored 49 pts on D/STs.  the O scored 154, 22 PPG.

In the 9 games Sanchez played(I am prorating his Houston #s) the Eagles D/STs scored 28 pts. the O scored 244 pts, 27 PPG. 

That is almost a TD more per game and again against the much tougher portion of their schedule.

look at the 2 Dallas games.  they won 33-10 and lost 38-27.  what changed? 27 pts would be enough to win 90% of games in this league.

he was close to leading in TOs but he didn't, a certain 2 time SB MVP did.  and most of the TOs came in his 1st year w/ us(as a rookie) and his last when he had no talent to work with.

Not to mention all the sacks taken. Foles was getting sacked less than 3% of his dropbacks with his OL decimated. Multi-game injuries to his stud LG, C, and RT. 

Sanchez goes in for Foles, all 3 of those beast linemen are blocking for him (not to mention Jason Peters protecting his blind side), and he takes sacks on 7% of his dropbacks.

To Eagles fans (as well as Chip Kelly), it must have felt as though any time Sanchez's first quick read wasn't open he was taking a sack due to his mental paralysis. I'm sure it's no small contributor as to why Kelly traded away his proven commodity QB and draft picks (including next year's 2nd rounder), to be able to get Sam Bradford, who he'd never coached before and who has made it through all 16 games exactly once in the last 5 seasons (and even that was 3 seasons ago).

Not to mention all the sacks taken. Foles was getting sacked less than 3% of his dropbacks with his OL decimated. Multi-game injuries to his stud LG, C, and RT. 

Sanchez goes in for Foles, all 3 of those beast linemen are blocking for him (not to mention Jason Peters protecting his blind side), and he takes sacks on 7% of his dropbacks.

To Eagles fans (as well as Chip Kelly), it must have felt as though any time Sanchez's first quick read wasn't open he was taking a sack due to his mental paralysis. I'm sure it's no small contributor as to why Kelly traded away his proven commodity QB and draft picks (including next year's 2nd rounder), to be able to get Sam Bradford, who he'd never coached before and who has made it through all 16 games exactly once in the last 5 seasons (and even that was 3 seasons ago).

and yet he led the O to almost a TD more per game against the tough part of their sched.  amazing how that happens.

Kelly liked Sanchez better than foles, he saw an opportunity w/ a talented but injury prone Bradford.  he paid mark well to come back and he will be rewarded for that soon.

and yet he led the O to almost a TD more per game against the tough part of their sched.  amazing how that happens.

Kelly liked Sanchez better than foles, he saw an opportunity w/ a talented but injury prone Bradford.  he paid mark well to come back and he will be rewarded for that soon.

yea...real soon.

If he likes him so much...wheres his Sanchez laiden tatoo???

Mark Sanchez wants no part of starting against the Jets. The main reason the guy never got any better and in fact got WORSE would be staring him in the face from the Jets defensive backfield. Revis Island. Practicing day in day out against Revis cutting off half the field every day and routinely shutting down whichever WR Sanchez was trying to get some familiarity and cohesion with-Revis Island just would not allow it.

I blame a stupid head coach for that, I would have let my QB play against one CB from the second team every once in a while, instead of Ryan always thinking defense, defense, defense, and reveling in watching his star shutting down Schottenheimer's offense. That was Ryan's biggest problem he was always counting, always competing against the wrong people instead of worrying about who he should be competing against (which was the other teams in the NFL) NOT the Jets defense versus the Jets offense. It's no wonder Sanchez never got any better Sar is right about that much in who was to  blame for that. 

Sar won't have to worry about being torn in who to root for, there is no way the Eagles are going to quit on Bradford this soon, the NFC East is wide open and still there for the taking. 

Be careful if you wear an Jet's Sanchez jersey on Sunday.  Void your bladder at home before the game.  Wouldn't want to go into the men's room.

Nah none of his white collar buddies are gonna stab him with a cheese fork during the game ;)

Not worried about his buddies with cheese forks.

I'd be more concerned with Vinnie from Staten Island.

All I wanted to share with the group was that it would be hard for me to root against the man who did so much for us in our era of AFC superiority.  If Mark plays on Sunday, I'm sure that he'll get a nice ovation from appreciative Jets fans.

SAR I

I know we have Indy tonight and it's not time to think about the Eagles but if they sit Bradford and put Sanchez under center on Sunday, I just can't root against the guy. 

He did too much good here and he was railroaded and scapegoated by a terrible GM and a manipulative HC with ulterior motives. 

SAR I

You should really take your leased 2000 beemer and hit the trail. Bad enough to be trolled by Cheatriots chowds, but to be trolled by a supposed fan is just far worse.

Archived