0-2 Eagles coming to town

predator_05

Sounds like a a trap game indeed but this team has a different feel to it.  They look hungry on defense and the offense has the two sparks they need which are Ivory and Marshall.  Hopefully Decker wont be out long.  Just think, we still have Devin Smith to throw out here and HOPEFULLY Sheldon will be back.  

Watching the Eagles Cowboy game., Bradford didn't look good at all but credit to the defense because even when he had time to throw there was no one open.  As my wife always tells me "you say this is a huge game EVERY week".  She's right.  This is a huge game before we head out to London and face the Dolphins.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Report: Eagles LB Kiko Alonso could be lost for the season

ShareNo Thanks Must Read?Thank YouYes     2

By Fox Sports,
12 hours ago

When the Philadelphia Eagles traded for Kiko Alonso this offseason, they were hoping the 2013 Defensive Rookie of the Year runner-up who missed the 2014 regular season with a torn ACL could recover and add some speed to their defense.

Just two weeks into the season, it looks like those plans might have to be put on hold. According to FOX Sports NFL Insider Mike Garafolo, tests Monday revealed that Alonso could be placed on injured reserve and miss the rest of the season.

Alonso was injured in the first half of Sunday's 20-10 loss at Dallas and never returned. The team announced during the game that he suffered an injury to his left knee -- the same knee he injured in 2014.

Alonso had been lining up as one of Philadelphia's starting inside linebackers, although he did cede some snaps to veteran linebacker DeMeco Ryans. In Week 1, Alonso played 49 of the Eagles' 77 defensive snaps (64 percent) compared to just 28 (37 percent) for Ryans. He also made this spectacular interception to rob Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White of a touchdown in the season opener.

The move for Alonso was one of the biggest in all the NFL this past offseason, and one that many said put Eagles coach Chip Kelly firmly on the hot seat. On March 10, Kelly sent All-Pro running back LeSean McCoy to Buffalo in exchange for Alonso and that questionable knee. Kelly coached Alonso in college at Oregon.

If Alonso is forced to miss the remainder of the 2015 regular season, the Eagles will be left thin at the inside linebacker position. Fellow starter Mychal Kendricks was forced from Week 2 action with a hamstring issue, and he has missed extended time in the past with soft-tissue injuries.

Behind Kendricks, the Eagles have Ryans and rookie Jordan Hicks. Ryans has been slow to regain form coming off of an Achilles injury suffered in November of last year and the rookie Hicks was exposed in coverage by Cowboys running back Lance Dunbar on a 39-yard wheel route during Sunday's game.

The Eagles are 0-2 and already facing a bevy of questions, though primarily on the offensive side of the ball. If they now have to turn to a veteran coming off a serious injury and an unproven rookie to be starters, things could actually get worse.

I get zero overconfidence vibe from the Jets - and we, as Jet fans, should know that vibe very well by now.  

I really can't see a trap game being possible pre-London or pre-Patriots.  

Again, if any of the trap minded really smell the trap they are welcome to put their money where their mouth is. I'd be happy to take the other side.

I think the last time they played the Eagles was the game before they sh*t the bed Christmas Eve against the Giants.  I watched it at some swanky spot in the City run by Drew Nieporent in the on thing JN has ever given me besides agita.  That was one of the worst beatings I can remember.  Holmes mailed it in, Sanchez sucked and the first five drives had 3 turnovers and 2 3 and outs.  Ugh.  The Jets were still a "good" team then.

andre Johnson is kinda washed up now. dorsett would have been a bigger challenge. We shut down their WRs

The eagles have a lot more speed on offense with guys like agholor, huff, Matthews, sproles...not as easy to play man coverage against some of those guys. 

you overrate the Eagles skill position players they are not that good

It is a typical trap game.  A 2-0 team playing a 0-2 team on a short week.  The 2-0 team feeling good, the 0-2 team has talent but has been playing like crap with their backs against the wall.  The backup QB recently run out of town. Only thing missing is that it is a home game.

Good teams beat good teams, bad teams, and teams with their backs against the wall.  It is a trap game, but it is also a great test to see what kind of team we have and how good our coaching staff and core players are.  This is a game the Jets should win decisively; let's see how they show up.  Go Jets.

The defense was looking really gassed a couple of times last night and the pace wasn't even all that taxing. There should be real concern about playing a Kelly offense on a short week particularly considering that we never beat the Eagles ever.

the defense looked gassed last night because Luck managed to sustain long drives by pulling 3rd down conversions out his ass and our offense had a couple bad 3 and outs.Bradford is a different story he sucks and the Eagles might have the leagues worst D.

If the NY Jets Dline gets pressure on Sam Bradford like they got on Andrew Luck last night Bradford won't finish the game! How many times did Luck scramble last night for 1st downs or pull out of a tackle, or drag a guy for a 1st down like that amazing play he made diving forward for a 1st with a defender (Reilly?) freaking hanging on him!

My point? Bradford ain't running NO WHERE! You want to talk about a statue,lol. I doubt the Eagles Oline is any better than the Colts Oline. On defense Alonzo is gone for the year. Eagles have no CB as good as Vontae Davis. I'm worried if I'm an Eagles fan because if you can't run vs Atlanta or Dallas, you ain't running against this Jet team.

the defense looked gassed last night because Luck managed to sustain long drives by pulling 3rd down conversions out his ass and our offense had a couple bad 3 and outs.Bradford is a different story he sucks and the Eagles might have the leagues worst D.

Long drives? They'd had two meaningful drives all game when they ripped off three straight 25-yard pass plays, one of which was the first possession of the first half. The defense wasn't tired. They were sucking wind.

Long drives? They'd had two meaningful drives all game when they ripped off three straight 25-yard pass plays, one of which was the first possession of the first half. The defense wasn't tired. They were sucking wind.

and it was during those drives they got tired.  Did you draft a couple Eagles skill position players in fantasy or something you sound like we're facing the 1999 Rams.

Looking forward to this. We have a major advantage in two areas:

1. D-line vs O-line. Their O-line is in a shambles.

2. WRs vs CBs. Maxwell has been a huge liability in the secondary, he'll have his hands full with Marshall.

Their defense is also depleted; Alonso and Kendricks injured. No details yet. Kendricks would be a huge loss, he is their best player on defense.

Very doable.

Luck had some sucess running out of the pocket, Bradford has zero mobility....hes dead

They really arent built for anything right now. The traded away McCoy, a guy who can run inside and out to sign a guy in Murray who is an inside runner yet the Eagles Oline is terrible and Murray cant bounce it to the outside. Match that with the passing game looking poor and their defense depleted and giving up points. 

What Chip has done to that team is unprecedented. The Eagles fan base must be horrified. I initially disagreed with Chip, but sometimes when people do such crazy things it's usually a vision that most cant see. That doesnt seem to be the case this time, it looks like he's destroyed that football team. If they do bounce back just let it be after week 3. 

I have gone to Eagle fan sites and they are horrified!!!

The fans in general can not believe that Chip has traded away the best offensive skill players on the team. 

Bradford looked confused and tentative vs. Dallas- I would not be shocked if he gets off that way to see Sanchez to come in-

Sanchez appears to be a better in game QB than Bradford.  Bradford can make throws Sanchez can't even dream of throwing but he is unwilling to take chances and plays it way to safely and therefore may never be as effective in games as Sanchez. 

Major trap game. I will be more impressed if they beat the Eagles Sunday then I was last night.

Nothing has gone right in Philly but I have seen that when that offense is clicking it can be a major headache.

I love these SOJ games - when they win it changes the narrative of the franchise as much as the 'w' on the record.  

Week 1 was somewhat of a gimme, last night was a SOJ game - national tv, home opener, top tier QB and not only did the Jets win but they overcame adversity throughout and kept control of the game for all 4 quarters.   

Philly is another SOJ game....I hope Bowles continues the rexorcism.   

The matchups favour us to a crazy extent. Honestly, only for the fact that we're the Jets I'd think this is a lock. The Eagles are a mess.

I'll take a win any way we can get it though. If it's the dominant win many are predicting then I'll think we're a legit contender in the division.

The best thing about this game is how damn excited I am for it. Need that Marshall and Revis fix, . Good times right now.

Looking forward to this. We have a major advantage in two areas:

1. D-line vs O-line. Their O-line is in a shambles.

2. WRs vs CBs. Maxwell has been a huge liability in the secondary, he'll have his hands full with Marshall.

Their defense is also depleted; Alonso and Kendricks injured. No details yet. Kendricks would be a huge loss, he is their best player on defense.

Very doable.

I see this as a very dangerous game for us.

The matchups favour us to a crazy extent. Honestly, only for the fact that we're the Jets I'd think this is a lock. The Eagles are a mess.

I'll take a win any way we can get it though. If it's the dominant win many are predicting then I'll think we're a legit contender in the division.

The best thing about this game is how damn excited I am for it. Need that Marshall and Revis fix, . Good times right now.

Interesting that Jets are still underdogs on Sunday - even playing at home.   

it doesn't matter how you win, just that you win.   Jets win by 1 or 41, doesn't matter at all.      

Interesting that Jets are still underdogs on Sunday - even playing at home.  

it doesn't matter how you win, just that you win.   Jets win by 1 or 41, doesn't matter at all.    

What is the old saying style points do not matter as long as you win.

I see this as a very dangerous game for us.

Same here, and not because of any logical reasons. Based on what we've seen in the last 2 weeks, the Jets are clearly a superior team.

Only problem is, the NFL is so unpredictable week to week. I'm sure those of us in survivor leagues would attest to that, a good 70% (probably more) were wiped out this weekend. The Bucs looked like the worst team in the league week 1, they knocked off the New Orleans Saints on their own field. The Jags were dominated by the Panthers week 1, they came back and went toe-to-toe with a good Miami Dolphins team for 4 quarters.

In the NFL, moreso than in any other sport, the most recent game is of far less relevance. Sometimes the last game doesn't even matter, simply because the game-flow and match-ups between 2 different teams could change like night and day. Like a friend of mine used to say, "it's hard to predict the outcome of a game played with a oval-shaped ball"...anything can happen.

The public is gonna be all over the Jets and over-react to the previous week. The sharps in Vegas are gonna load up on the Eagles. I'm not expecting an easy game at all but we should be able to get it done...

Interestingly, 3 of the top 5 offenses from last year - the Broncos, Eagles and Colts - are all struggling big time.

Same here, and not because of any logical reasons. Based on what we've seen in the last 2 weeks, the Jets are clearly a superior team.

Only problem is, the NFL is so unpredictable week to week. I'm sure those of us in survivor leagues would attest to that, a good 70% (probably more) were wiped out this weekend. The Bucs looked like the worst team in the league week 1, they knocked off the New Orleans Saints on their own field. The Jags were dominated by the Panthers week 1, they came back and went toe-to-toe with a good Miami Dolphins team for 4 quarters.

In the NFL, moreso than in any other sport, the most recent game is of far less relevance. Sometimes the last game doesn't even matter, simply because the game-flow and match-ups between 2 different teams could change like night and day. Like a friend of mine used to say, "it's hard to predict the outcome of a game played with a oval-shaped ball"...anything can happen.

The public is gonna be all over the Jets and over-react to the previous week. The sharps in Vegas are gonna load up on the Eagles. I'm not expecting an easy game at all but we should be able to get it done...

Interestingly, 3 of the top 5 offenses from last year - the Broncos, Eagles and Colts - are all struggling big time.

I agree completely. We need the right state of mind for this not to become a let down game

Archived