Quigley sucked tonight

johnnyjet

Quigley was horrendous, in a dome no less. 

Im curious to see how MacCags operates as the season progresses.

will he be an over active GM like Tanny -signing and cutting guys every other week- compromising current players like in years past? 

Or, barring crucial injury, this is the roster and the CS will just have to coach 'em up.

i feel Quigley can be upgraded

not being a Debbie downer but why not go get  weatherford. Quigley doesn't impress.  

Weatherford average fewer yards per the last two seasons.  

But it we need him, lol

Hate to see how ridiculous a thread you could come up with when you're not trying to be a Debbie Downer

Wait, didn't he have 3 (easy) punts where he pinned them inside the 10, and one mediocre punt from our endzone?

I can't honestly say I follow lots of punters, but I wouldn't be shocked if that was somewhat average / slightly below average compared to other punters around the league.

Eh.  I think it's clear the staff likes him.  Maybe he has incriminating photos.  Who really cares, TBH.

Glad we won. But yeah, Quigley was bad. People like to post all kinds of 'lollololol' with punters, but field position is like...important. Indy was still alive in the 4th. 

he had one bad punt, when he was rushed hard.  The only punt that left field position.  The rest of the night he was pinning the Colts back.  

Of course, if you look at:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Special&cat=Punting&conference=NFL&year=season_2015&sort=530&old_category=Total&old_group=Offense

it doesn't paint a pretty picture....

So I guess I'd go with the incriminating photos...

and if you're punting from midfield a lot your punters numbers won't be as impressive as punting from your own 20.  

Glad we won. But yeah, Quigley was bad. People like to post all kinds of 'lollololol' with punters, but field position is like...important. Indy was still alive in the 4th. 

speaking of field position, Quigley punted thrice between Indys 40 n midfield. They all landed near the 10. One of them was in the 5. He punted from inside his own EZ once. Those are supposed to be a quick punt. Didn't boot it for 90 yards so some folks here are pissed. Quigley was fine. 5 punts, 3 inside 15, and no TB. I'm not complaining. 

We are 2-0

We beat a team that was in last year's Conference championship game, favored by 7, in their home opener on MNF and playing with a top 5 QB.

We beat them on offense and on defense and got FIVE takeaways for the second week in a row.

What to do? What to do? I got it!! Let's start a thread to quibble about Quiggles

speaking of field position, Quigley punted thrice between Indys 40 n midfield. They all landed near the 10. One of them was in the 5. He punted from inside his own EZ once. Those are supposed to be a quick punt. Didn't boot it for 90 yards so some folks here are pissed. Quigley was fine. 5 punts, 3 inside 15, and no TB. I'm not complaining. 

This.

Of course, if you look at:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Special&cat=Punting&conference=NFL&year=season_2015&sort=530&old_category=Total&old_group=Offense

it doesn't paint a pretty picture....

So I guess I'd go with the incriminating photos...

Sure, if you ignore things like where he was punting from.  Kicking 50 yard punts from the opposing 42 is a BAD thing.

I'm thrilled with the win the coaching staff the front office the jersey choices , Geno getting knocked out and the shade of turf at MetLife, I just think the quigmeister has been a marginal punter, ya know sometimes numbers lie, just saying.  I'm sure if there is an up grade Mac will get the job done, yes I have faith.  Oh and while we are talking punts, why do guys fair catch inside the 10 so much now? 

I've seen enough of Quigley over the last few years to for the opinion that we can upgrade.  He seems to save his short punts from deep in our end all too often.  In most games the opposing punter is better than out punter.  As for the timing of complaining about him, you always look to get better and to upgrade.  I'm not sold or hollering for Weatherord at all but we can do better than who we have.

Not just hilarious but amazing.  worst thing we can say is the punter had a bad game. I've waited for this day since 98

My thoughts exactly.  When one of your biggest complaints is that you can upgrade at punter, you're doing something right.

• 1 month later...

Archived