Calvin Pryor

k-met57

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Pryor wasn't drafted to be a cover safety. Pryor was drafted to put big hits on slot receivers, tight ends, and running backs coming up the short middle of the field and stopping them from making big gains. Pryor was drafted to slam the qb on an occasional blitz play. I did not want us to draft Pryor but the kid is a decent player when he is played to his strengths and not to his weakness. What we saw today was not on Pryor, it was on whatever coach didn't watch the rookie film on Pryor playing in coverage.

Sorry, but a team should not have to hide a high 1st round pick  . Safety means exactly what it says, and he doesn't belong in anyone defensive backfield .

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Pryor wasn't drafted to be a cover safety. Pryor was drafted to put big hits on slot receivers, tight ends, and running backs coming up the short middle of the field and stopping them from making big gains. Pryor was drafted to slam the qb on an occasional blitz play. I did not want us to draft Pryor but the kid is a decent player when he is played to his strengths and not to his weakness. What we saw today was not on Pryor, it was on whatever coach didn't watch the rookie film on Pryor playing in coverage.

If he was drafted to do this, why did he whiff on a couple of tackles? I mean, if you can't cover that well, then you should be a tackling machine. Which Pryor isn't, really. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

He cant cover.  Why is he being asked to?

Neither can Harris but he's asked to.

Why doesnt Rontez Miles get run?  He plays like a man possessed. 

Would love to know how CP really feels about how he's being used.  Last season he commented that he was playing so much better because the coaches were no longer using him "out of position" anymore....well, it's a new year, and here he is again, being used out of position by the coaches.

Just now, HessStation said:

I liked the miss tackle on the bubble screen. And the PF when he got there too late on the deep ball. 

Ah, I'm not going to kill the guy on the deep ball penalty. it was a fabricated call.

He didn't have a good game. but, he's not a coverage safety. pretending he is, time and again, is a fault of the coaching staff.

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Sorry, but a team should not have to hide a high 1st round pick  . Safety means exactly what it says, and he doesn't belong in anyone defensive backfield .

Most people would consider pick 18 a mid to late first round pick, there is no excuse he is not living up to his draft pick we would have been better off taking Bridgewater or Carr. He wasn't the best pick we could have made but we made the pick and he is still a decent usable player when used properly.

Just now, phill1c said:

Ah, I'm not going to kill the guy on the deep ball penalty. it was a fabricated call.

He didn't have a good game. but, he's not a coverage safety. pretending he is, time and again, is a fault of the coaching staff.

He wasn't playing man or something, he's still a Safety, part of the criteria is being able to cover, from what it seemed on that play, at lest a deep half. If you can't do than get out of the league. Not saying he can't but just making a point. As a disclaimer to anyone, nowhere did I say he completely sucks. But I wouldn't be throwing him up on my shoulders after today's game. He's a solid player who seemed to have been drafted too soon, like most players who were drafted by the Jets. 

Archived