When will we hear about whether Sheldon will be further suspended?

nj meadowlands

They are waiting until after the court decision in Oct. At the conclusion of his real court decision, then 'God'ell will figure out a punishment

His court date in October is a pre-trial hearing.  There will be no "decision" and I doubt any kind of resolution.  He could get an adjournment and have this pushed out a few more weeks (or even months) and then technically be eligible to play.  In fact, I would bet money that this is what will happen.  In that case, Goodell will not have any kind of legal disposition to point to in justifying his punishment.  So, he'll have to make a choice.

Is the legal case still pending? Gotta imagine he'll get at least two games added on. 

when you look at what Richardson allegedly did, it looks bad. but in the eyes of the court, it is nothing more than a glorified speeding ticket. suspended license, a fine, or maybe charitable donation. going to be hard for the commish to lay the hammer down on this one. 1 games suspension at the most. maybe no suspension

Is the legal case still pending? Gotta imagine he'll get at least two games added on. 

Not sure, didn't a similar situation happen to another player and he got nothing.  Once the drug part of the equation was dropped it became a much lesser problem.

He could also go the Brady rout.  Appeal, then appeal in court.  He won't miss another game this year.

+ 1.

Nothing in the CBA about what penalties Richardson could face for any of his 4 crimes. 

Right now the NFL is basically stuck being unable to punish anything without an explicit policy after the way deflategate shook out. If conduct directly related to game play without an explicit policy cannot fall under the detrimental conduct language in the CBA then a joyride during the offseason likely cannot.

His court date in October is a pre-trial hearing.  There will be no "decision" and I doubt any kind of resolution.  He could get an adjournment and have this pushed out a few more weeks (or even months) and then technically be eligible to play.  In fact, I would bet money that this is what will happen.  In that case, Goodell will not have any kind of legal disposition to point to in justifying his punishment.  So, he'll have to make a choice.

Ok, if there is not a settlement of the court date in Oct., the decision will get pushed and Sheldon will get punished next year. Look at every decision Goodell has made... He waits until after the legal trial is over. Then makes a decision. So IMO the lawyers will keep delaying the court date until the conclusion of the season.

I do not think he will get any additional penalty. Richardson will likely plead to some simple traffic violation, do community service and have nothing bad associated with this incident that is bad like drugs or anything.

I agree... but until he pleads Goodell won't touch the case.

Archived