Bent's Game Analysis

SoFlaJets

98 was the only time I ever recall having that feeling I so disgustedly now get when I see Tom Brady rears back to throw. That feeling that every single time he threw was going to be a completion. It was the best feeling in the world. Someday before I die, I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what made it even more successful was because Testaverde listened to Parcells when he told him "if it's not there THROW IT AWAY!" It was the only time VT ever did that and look at the results

I guess it all just boils down to each person's definition of quality.  I think in this offense, Fitz could be what I would consider to be quality.  Making good decisions for the most part, even the INT was a ball he heaved up to give Marshall  a shot at a 50/50 ball which I can't complain about.  He's been good...I'll take it.

Is it a 50/50 ball if he chucks it up into double (or triple) coverage? 

I wouldn't necessarily call a "quality start" 60% completion and 2/1 touchdown/interception ratio. This is the expectation for every nfl starter. If he's not playing at this level, the team will be looking for another QB.

lol, being the expectation for every NFL starter is exactly why it is a good floor to establish what a "quality start" would look like. Just because it's the expectations, doesn't mean it happens routinely. That's exactly why it makes sense.

lol, being the expectation for every NFL starter is exactly why it is a good floor to establish what a "quality start" would look like. Just because it's the expectations, doesn't mean it happens routinely. That's exactly why it makes sense.

lol yep.  And if it was so easy, why has Fitz already done it the same number of times (2) as Geno did in two full seasons?

Archived