For those who were OK with the Jets tanking this year....

Jetsfan80

Are you re-thinking your position?  I know many said they preferred Geno to Fitz because, at least if Geno failed, he'd fail spectacularly, whereas the Jets would win about 7-9 games with Fitz.  Thus this would put us in "no mans land", where we'd likely miss the playoffs but also not earn a top draft pick.

However, isn't it more fun to be as competitive as possible?  Isn't it nice to finally see a great defensive performance rewarded thanks to some points being score on the other side of the ball?  Yes, Fitz had his struggles.  But he led a TD drive early to give us the lead and a TD drive late to seal the victory.  I'm not convinced Geno would have done the same.  In years past this was a game that would have gotten away from us.  And those losses are demoralizing to a team.

Having a competent QB, while not anywhere close to as good as having an elite QB (though you saw what we did to an elite QB last night), is far more preferable to having a tank-job season just to secure a high draft pick.  

No.  I still think the best thing for the Jets this season was to see if Geno could turn it around in a new environment.  I think Geno could have won both games (who knows maybe even score more last game).  You said you couldnt see Geno driving late to score and seal the deal but he's done it before and that was without Brandon Marshall to just throw the ball up to and make plays in utter beast mode!

All that said, I'm very happy with Fitz and this is his team now because Geno is an immature a$$hole.  Geno shouldnt see the field unless its out of necessity.  And if he continues this pace, then yes, I'll agree with you but there is a ton of season left and as I pointed out in other threads...this isnt the first time Fitz has been 2-0.

In the past (05, 07) I was fine wis shooting for draft position to possibly get a big time QB obviously that never worked out. But after the Sanchez nightmare and watching good QBs come out of later rounds, I've decided that it's more practical to just wait it out. I was all for Geno being drafted, it didn't work out but I rather have a player fall to us and not pan out than to tank, and get a guy like Jamarcus Russell.

by the way, this is my first post here. I'm new in town after spending over a decade at another forum.

Yay!  Another migrant!  When will Max shut the doors and stop letting the vagrants in!

After signing Revis, Cro, Skrine, and trading for BMarsh tanking was never in the question....whoever had tanking aspirations were being delusional...

I'm still not sure exactly how good this team will be, but they will compete every game 

This. I don't know how anybody would think this season would be a meltdown or a tank year and I haven't seen many people say it.

Last year was the golden year to tank. We needed to clean house after the year and had the cap space to mend the problem. We had a good shot at a franchise QB. We blew it with some meaningless wins. There was Rex playing to win when it didn't matter and Geno playing to save his job. Thanks assholes.

No.  I still think the best thing for the Jets this season was to see if Geno could turn it around in a new environment.  I think Geno could have won both games (who knows maybe even score more last game).  You said you couldnt see Geno driving late to score and seal the deal but he's done it before and that was without Brandon Marshall to just throw the ball up to and make plays in utter beast mode!

All that said, I'm very happy with Fitz and this is his team now because Geno is an immature a$$hole.  Geno shouldnt see the field unless its out of necessity.  And if he continues this pace, then yes, I'll agree with you but there is a ton of season left and as I pointed out in other threads...this isnt the first time Fitz has been 2-0.

all the arguments for Geno are people saying "he could've done this or that" while on the field he has done Image result for poop for 2 yrs

all the arguments for Geno are people saying "he could've done this or that" while on the field he has done Image result for poop for 2 yrs

I dont think anyone is arguing differently.  It was about assessing the position for the future.  Besides, it's not like Fitz has had some incredible career.  It could easily be compared to your picture. 

I dont think anyone is arguing differently.  It was about assessing the position for the future.  Besides, it's not like Fitz has had some incredible career.  It could easily be compared to your picture. 

Fitz has been a million times better than Geno

After signing Revis, Cro, Skrine, and trading for BMarsh tanking was never in the question....whoever had tanking aspirations were being delusional...

I'm still not sure exactly how good this team will be, but they will compete every game 

Probably why no one but JF80's imaginary enemy had such aspirations. 

Reads to me like the OP was saying people wanted to the Jets to tank simply because they wanted Geno to start over Fitz.

An automatic assumption that Geno would be worse is simply false.  Seemed like both Bowles and Gaily wanted him to start and you know neither of them wanted to tank the season...When the HC and OC think he gives you the best chance to win - it's tough to say that those of us that wanted Geno to start, were okay with tanking the season.

Who Bowles & Gaily wanted to start was actually still up for debate

It may be up for debate, but the side who believes that they wanted and planned on Geno being their opening day starter are winning pretty handily. 

Colts are simply an overrated organization with an even more clueless owner than Woody Johnson.  They drafted Elway, Peyton, and Luck # 1 overall and have one Super Bowl title to show for it.  They beat up on a bad division but struggle against everyone else.  Their defense was pretty much awful headed into this season yet their biggest acquisitions were Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, and Phillip Dorsett in round 1.  I mean, wtf.  They're just collecting University of Miami skill position players and ignoring everything else.

I have lots of friends who are colts fans they hate Pagano and Pep Hamilton and wish they had Bruce Arians back.

Not saying I'm a doubter, but I need to see us win AFTER teams take away the short pass.

Yeah.  I assume they will be seeing that.  It should open up the run.  Teams keeping safeties and LBs back to disrupt short passes and fill zones generally are going to give up more rushing yards.  If they roll everybody short, I guess we will see some bombs to Devin Smith.  More than teams trying to stop the short pass, I am interesting in seeing us face a good D.  Cleveland's D shouldn't be bad.  Indy's is, but while we didn't put the points up, we seemed able to turn it on like a faucet when necessary. Philly should be interesting.  They are giving up the same yard per play as us and the fight over the pacing of the game may be epic.  They have been pretty damn good against the run and on 3rd down.

Yay!  Another migrant!  When will Max shut the doors and stop letting the vagrants in!

You'll never be disappointed if you expect them to lose all the time.

You'll never be disappointed if you expect to see more of these vagrants.

Archived