If Fitz Keeps His Job, would Jets replace Geno with new backup?

Lizard King

If Fitz Keeps Job, Do Jets Part Ways w/Geno?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. If Fitz Keeps Job, Do Jets Part W/Geno

• Yes, Geno gone, Jets trade for/pickup backup
    • Geno is Kept on Roster

Agree

Maybe a boob like Tanny in Miami, WRECKS in Buffalo, Snyder or Davis and da Raidaz would be a good landing spot for his HUGE potential and MASSIVE talent. Otherwise off to the CFL or Arena for him

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Probably more likely Fitz moves on to his 7th team. 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except the last 4 or 5 games of last year says he may have the talent.  All the rest is just I don't like him repetition.  He has issues but he isnt Russell, isn't Leaf.  Isnt even Ponder, Cassel or as bad as some others a year ago.  And please theres no reason to make it out that IK is a better person than the guy he assaulted.

1) Geno's legendary 4 games < Fitz's 1st two Jet games. We need QB experience, ball control, and good decision making. 

2) IK is a bad guy - I do not condone what he did an iota, but he was not punching an inspirational or dependable team leader. I mention that because it's a relevant. There were more than enough red flags before the punch. We shouldn't pine for a low-character, low-production QB. Geno personifies the Idzik era, the sooner he's gone the better. 

1) Geno's legendary 4 games < Fitz's 1st two Jet games. We need QB experience, ball control, and good decision making. 

2) IK is a bad guy - I do not condone what he did an iota, but he was not punching an inspirational or dependable team leader. I mention that because it's a relevant. There were more than enough red flags before the punch. We shouldn't pine for a low-character, low-production QB. Geno personifies the Idzik era, the sooner he's gone the better. 

always find it interesting when someone starts off telling us that assaulting someone is wrong, don't condone it etc, then kind of let us know why it's ok because they don't like Geno.  I mean in your mind Geno isn't a leader so it's kind of ok that he was punched out. LOL.

I wish any Fitz game was as well played as the fins game, etc. come on he sucks all too often but he was great in that game, down the stretch. 

Just curious do you feel the same about Sheldon or is his low life character ok because he plays well.  

always find it interesting when someone starts off telling us that assaulting someone is wrong, don't condone it etc, then kind of let us know why it's ok because they don't like Geno.  I mean in your mind Geno isn't a leader so it's kind of ok that he was punched out. LOL.

Not okay. But it is okay to remind you that IK was not punching a team leader. The two are related. 

Not okay. But it is okay to remind you that IK was not punching a team leader. The two are related. 

Not a team leader to every person who doesn't like Geno.  As if you're allowed to assault people you don't like or respect.  

Not one of us has a clue how players not named IK feel about the guy.  A lot of assumptions are made, not one ever good about a player disliked.   

I like Fitz... limitations and all. It's nice to finally have a vet in the huddle, and a general sense that the offense knows what the F they're doing. We really haven't had that since Pennington. Definitely not with Geno or Sanchez. And Favre was thrown in here late in the preseason and winged it the entire year.

That being said, I still am very intrigued to see Geno in a Gailey system. Hate him all you want, he has much more raw talent than Fitz, and can hit a deep ball. At this point, the only way Geno sees the field is an from an injury or struggles, and I don't want to see either happen... but you'd have to think he would've taken a step forward this year. Would the dumb mistakes go away? Probably not entirely.. but I think we would've seen a different QB then we had seen

I heard Geno was cleared

Bowles was asked if Petty or Geno would be QB2 this week since they were both cleared and split time running the scout team. He said whichever one was playing better. Given everyone says that Petty is raw and not ready yet,  not a shining recommendation for Geno.  

Bowles was asked if Petty or Geno would be QB2 this week since they were both cleared and split time running the scout team. He said whichever one was playing better. Given everyone says that Petty is raw and not ready yet,  not a shining recommendation for Geno.  

Aw c'mon, don't just knock the guy for no reason.  It's a whole new offense in which he didn't get any preseason time with.  It's understandable that he may not pick up the whole offense with three days of practice with 2nd/scout teams.  Instead I'd say if Geno is the #2, it's a strong positive.

Let's assume that Bowles is being forthright about not changing the QB if they are having success - and that seems like a reasonable assumption given that this front office seems to play their personnel based on merit. 

Easy question for someone to ask would then be, do the Jets have to trade or release Geno Smith?

The reason for his separation from the locker room would be for harmony and prevention of discord. It's a pretty common tactic when you're talking about unifying an organization and I think it may be considered. 

Let me know what you think. 

Short answer...Geno should be starting against Miami in London next Sunday.

I like Fitz... limitations and all. It's nice to finally have a vet in the huddle, and a general sense that the offense knows what the F they're doing. We really haven't had that since Pennington. Definitely not with Geno or Sanchez. And Favre was thrown in here late in the preseason and winged it the entire year.

Nice flip flop after one bad game. If your standard for Fitz was 16-0, I wonder how long until you are crying to bench Geno if he gets the nod. I predict two drives.

Nice flip flop after one bad game. If your standard for Fitz was 16-0, I wonder how long until you are crying to bench Geno if he gets the nod. I predict two drives.

Flip? I said I was intrigued by Geno in Gailey's offense. I said the only way Geno sees the field is if Fitz is injured or he struggles. Did he not struggle today? Is your reading comprehension that poor?

Fitz the 'guy' is nice to have in the huddle. Whether its due to him or Gailey.. or even Bowles.. it's the first time since pre-Rex that our offense actually looks the part pre-snap. No confusion, no panicking... but once that ball is snapped, Fitz needs to play better than he did today. And than he did most of the Indy game. If he doesn't, I have no problem giving Geno a shot. That's exactly what I wrote in that post and is what I'm saying now..

Flip? I said I was intrigued by Geno in Gailey's offense. I said the only way Geno sees the field is if Fitz is injured or he struggles. Did he not struggle today? Is your reading comprehension that poor?

Fitz the 'guy' is nice to have in the huddle. Whether its due to him or Gailey.. or even Bowles.. it's the first time since pre-Rex that our offense actually looks the part pre-snap. No confusion, no panicking... but once that ball is snapped, Fitz needs to play better than he did today. And than he did most of the Indy game. If he doesn't, I have no problem giving Geno a shot. That's exactly what I wrote in that post and is what I'm saying now..

I'm intrigued how they get the cheese into Combos

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/63/795px-Combos.JPG

• 2 months later...

Bill-Cosby-Facepalm-Gif.gif

Boy these gifs look pretty funny now seeing how wrong you were and how you attacked anyone personally who disagreed. And we were right. ouch, ouch, ouch.

Next time don't make it so personal and just talk football. Now come back and don't hide. We're all jets fans and should be enjoying this.

Boy these gifs look pretty funny now seeing how wrong you were and how you attacked anyone personally who disagreed. And we were right. ouch, ouch, ouch.

Next time don't make it so personal and just talk football. Now come back and don't hide. We're all jets fans and should be enjoying this.

Read my posts. I never personally attacked anyone. I certainly was never up at 3 am searching for a single poster's posts to gloat about how right or wrong I was or they were.

I was wrong. The Jets are winning and I am thrilled. I couldn't be happier to have been wrong.

Archived