How cool is this for Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Jetster

Think about this for a moment, here's a guy that has been a traveling QB selling his wares as a backup but he always seems to find himself on the field through either injury of the starters ineptitude. Chan Gailey comes back to football after a hiatus, Mac brings in Fitz, Ik breaks Genos jaw & now he's the starting QB for the NY Jets.

This dude is really settling in with this team. The offensive line is happy because he knows what he's doing. The WRs are happy because he at least knows where they should be. The RBs are happy because he knows how to set up screens & where they are for check downs. The coaching staff is happy because they can actually game plan with a guy smart enough to follow the script. The press has been kept at bay because, let's face it, there is no QB controversy because Geno hasn't proved he can play consistent football in the NFL.

Everyone knows his limitations but it's alright because each & every player under Bowles understands that for the NY Jets to be successful, the team has to contribute at every position for good of the WHOLE team. What a concept.

As a fan it's just so much more entertaining knowing that Fitz can actually help Devin Smith, Cris Owusu, Walter Powell because he knows exactly what their jobs are, the best routes for them, the best way to get them the ball. With the veterans we've already seen what having a vet can do by watching the hand signal to Brandon on that TD throw. I get it, Fitz is not a long term solution but the amount of knowledge he brings to these young guys is like having a coach on the field.

So we go from having a loud mouth coach, who tells us that everyone is great. A young immature QB who told his own fans FU!, an OC that tried to bring a WCO in with no WRs & a QB still trying to find his 1st read, let alone his 3rd, to the Assistant Coach of the year in 2014 & a wily heady veteran who brings the same calm demeanor as the new Head Coach. 

All of this culminating on MNF, the entire country watching the Jets taking care of business. Football fans of other teams that don't keep track of what's going on I'm sure turned on the TV looking for the circus knowing that Geno got his jaw broken by a teammate.  Instead they sat up & took notice as the NY Jets moved to #9 in the power rankings. 

We're back on the NFL map! Thank you Mac, Todd & Ryan!

Here's what I'm most pumped about. Bryce Petty getting to learn from guys that KNOW HOW TO TEACH. Bryce Petty is learning from Chan Gailey (The QB whisperer), Ryan Fitzpatrick (48 Wonderlic) and Todd Bowles, (yes, Todd does pay attention to offense too). Bryce might not be an NFL QB, but if he is he's in the best position to succeed.

I'm hoping this staff is here a long time to add to the system they put in. That's how you sustain success in the NFL. That & developing a f*cking QB. 

He is a shortish term stop gap Qb but so far he has been the type of guy we have been pleading for.  A semi competent vet who is not going to throw games away and who is just good enough to get you wins.

good post.   The 2-0 record is covering up a lot of Fitz warts, hopefully he gets better as the season goes on but I think at this point he is what he is.   

Was listening to Sirius NFL yesterday and Jim Miller was talking about how many poor reads Fitz made and how many plays they left on the field.   Interesting hearing that b/c you really don't get that from watching the game on ESPN.    

Think about this for a moment, here's a guy that has been a traveling QB selling his wares as a backup but he always seems to find himself on the field through either injury of the starters ineptitude. Chan Gailey comes back to football after a hiatus, Mac brings in Fitz, Ik breaks Genos jaw & now he's the starting QB for the NY Jets.

This dude is really settling in with this team. The offensive line is happy because he knows what he's doing. The WRs are happy because he at least knows where they should be. The RBs are happy because he knows how to set up screens & where they are for check downs. The coaching staff is happy because they can actually game plan with a guy smart enough to follow the script. The press has been kept at bay because, let's face it, there is no QB controversy because Geno hasn't proved he can play consistent football in the NFL.

Everyone knows his limitations but it's alright because each & every player under Bowles understands that for the NY Jets to be successful, the team has to contribute at every position for good of the WHOLE team. What a concept.

As a fan it's just so much more entertaining knowing that Fitz can actually help Devin Smith, Cris Owusu, Walter Powell because he knows exactly what their jobs are, the best routes for them, the best way to get them the ball. With the veterans we've already seen what having a vet can do by watching the hand signal to Brandon on that TD throw. I get it, Fitz is not a long term solution but the amount of knowledge he brings to these young guys is like having a coach on the field.

So we go from having a loud mouth coach, who tells us that everyone is great. A young immature QB who told his own fans FU!, an OC that tried to bring a WCO in with no WRs & a QB still trying to find his 1st read, let alone his 3rd, to the Assistant Coach of the year in 2014 & a wily heady veteran who brings the same calm demeanor as the new Head Coach.

All of this culminating on MNF, the entire country watching the Jets taking care of business. Football fans of other teams that don't keep track of what's going on I'm sure turned on the TV looking for the circus knowing that Geno got his jaw broken by a teammate.  Instead they sat up & took notice as the NY Jets moved to #9 in the power rankings.

We're back on the NFL map! Thank you Mac, Todd & Ryan!

Jets fans are happy!!!

Here's what I'm most pumped about. Bryce Petty getting to learn from guys that KNOW HOW TO TEACH. Bryce Petty is learning from Chan Gailey (The QB whisperer), Ryan Fitzpatrick (48 Wonderlic) and Todd Bowles, (yes, Todd does pay attention to offense too). Bryce might not be an NFL QB, but if he is he's in the best position to succeed.

I'm hoping this staff is here a long time to add to the system they put in. That's how you sustain success in the NFL. That & developing a f*cking QB.

I was just thinking that this morning, havent thought of Petty in weeks and that is just effing awesome!!!!

Remember how you felt with five minutes to go in the first half of last year's Packers game?  We have plenty to be happy about, but I would wait a bit before I tried to read much into what is going on here. 

Yes it is a good start but things change in a hurry. This game against the Eagles is huge, I want to see them not come out and sleep through this one. I want this to be a solid beating. Then they head into a game in the UK against a division rival that the Jets will be pumped for! I want them to get to the bye in really good shape before I exhale.

Its been two games, take it one game at a time.  He's done some good things and also some bad things, and has gotten away with some bad things.  He is playing like a Chad/Boomer hybrid.  He has yet to face a good defense...in fact it would be fair to say the Eagles are his biggest challenge to date (which is not saying much).  

Happy for him and us.  However I'm not completely confident Geno is done yet.  It's nice that there's no rush getting him back though.  We'll see what happens.  My confidence in Bowles is growing almost daily.  If when Geno is healthy and up to speed (week 6 or 7?) Bowles still thinks Fitz is the best option, so be it.  I'll be rooting for whoever is under center.

Over Washington and Oakland.  I'd say Cleveland and Indy are a step up in competition.  But you're right, he'll need to beat Philly this weekend and continue to win in order to start overturning the "career loser" label.

Not sure what the opponent has to do with it.  Indy looks terrible.  They could be the worst team in the division for all we know.

I'm just saying it's not like this is uncharted territory for Fitz.  He's been 2-0 twice in his career and 3-0 once.

So I'm not sure what makes this season different than those. 

Just a GREAT OP!!!

Yes the circus has left the building.  Add to what you wonderfully detailed we have a FO that has a great grasp of the need for strategic short and long term planning for the team.

Mac is playing chess while we used to play checkers. Just Wow!

No longer trying to embarrass veterans like they did with Pete Kendal, or deliberate untruths told and somehow publicized for no reason, no more Derrick Masons, Plexs, Chaz and their ilk littering the line up with one foot from the NFL retirement line looking for one more payday.

Yes we finally have an ORGANIZATION, an organization that is operating as a professional organization..... Again WoW!!!

Not sure what the opponent has to do with it.  Indy looks terrible.  They could be the worst team in the division for all we know.

I'm just saying it's not like this is uncharted territory for Fitz.  He's been 2-0 twice in his career and 3-0 once.

Not much is different.  How he performed with Houston is how we should expect he'll perform here, though hopefully without the injury.  He was on pace for a winning season there.  They started out 2-0, and had some close losses to Dallas (20-17 in OT), Indy (33-28) and the Steelers (30-23) in which Fitz performed well, but not well enough to win against solid competition.  Then he got hurt.

For now.  lol.  Wait until Fitz has a 1 TD, 2 INT type of day (like every decent QB has from time to time) in a losing effort.  He'll return to being considered the worst Jet QB of all-time by some.

unfortunately, I can see this happening. I could see fitz having a coupla 1 td- 3 interception games. I think he has 2 games like that in him. but I could also see him having a coupla 3-4 td ---0-1 interception games. group all that with his typical 2 td- 1 interception games, and you have a decent body of work over the course of the season. barring injuries of course, and looking at the schedule, I don't see where the jets lose 7 games this year. more like 5-6 games,imo

Honestly? It's probably not that cool.

Let me school you clean-shaven bitches on some knowledge here. When you're rocking a crumb duster of that magnitude, everything else in life kind of pales in comparison. The only thing that Fitz is thinking about during games is which scent of beard oil is going to make Erin Andrews' underwear drop the fastest after the game.

nothing makes this season different from those, in terms of Fitzpatrick. what makes them different for the jets is the rest of the team is stacked.

For now.  lol.  Wait until Fitz has a 1 TD, 2 INT type of day (like every decent QB has from time to time) in a losing effort.  He'll return to being considered the worst Jet QB of all-time by some.

But that would still be better then the start Luck has had who is a true FQB.. :)

Its been two games, take it one game at a time.  He's done some good things and also some bad things, and has gotten away with some bad things.  He is playing like a Chad/Boomer hybrid.  He has yet to face a good defense...in fact it would be fair to say the Eagles are his biggest challenge to date (which is not saying much).  

Cleveland has a better defense than the Eagles, plus they just lost their 2 starting LBs in Kiko & Kendricks. Where's Phillys Joe Haden? I don't buy it, defense is OK but what would our defense look like without Harris & Davis? My biggest fear is that Ivory isn't 100%. Can Bilal & Stacey take up the slack. We also know that Bradford ain't running away from our defense like Luck did. We also know that Bradford is not on the same page of his WRs like Tom Brady is when he throws quickly.

when your offense is sputtering, it doesn't get fixed in one week, and it definitely doesn't get fixed when you face one of the best defensive secondaries. I think Bowles plays 3 safeties to stop the short outside passing game, knowing Eagles can't run on us.

It took him 3 years to get a 3-3 playoff record and got killed 45-7 at the AFCG|CG at Foxboro.. In the playoffs he's had 9 tds and 12 picks.. Sar's boy Marky was 4-2 in the playoffs after 2 years has beat the Pats in the playoffs at Foxboro and in the playoffs has 9 td's also with just 3 picks..

BTW JN I'm just having fun so don't get your panties in a bunch..:P

I really couldn't believe this offseason how Chan Gailey and Bowles thought Geno was the better choice for this team.  When you have a stacked defense, ALWAYS go with the veteran game manager with a better TD:INT ratio over the inexperienced young guy with a strong arm but worse TD:INT ratio.  I guess they saw Geno's "potential" on film and fell in love with "theoretical Geno" not knowing that "real life Geno" was not a good QB.

I'm just glad that IK sped up the process of Fitz replacing Geno, so it's not too late to make the playoffs.  It really was a blessing in disguise.  The hope now is that Fitz stays healthy for a full season.

Honestly? It's probably not that cool.

Let me school you clean-shaven bitches on some knowledge here. When you're rocking a crumb duster of that magnitude, everything else in life kind of pales in comparison. The only thing that Fitz is thinking about during games is which scent of beard oil is going to make Erin Andrews' underwear drop the fastest after the game.

Erin Andrews already has her own beard in Jarrett Stoll.  He signed w/ the NY Rangers this offseason though so hopefully she'll appear regularly at MSG.

Remember how you felt with five minutes to go in the first half of last year's Packers game?  We have plenty to be happy about, but I would wait a bit before I tried to read much into what is going on here. 

Terrible thing about that game was that they were playing great and went in at the half with a lead.  First thing I did was look at my friend and just say "So how are they gonna F&*K this one up"?

Maybe being back with Chan Gailey?

He is a shortish term stop gap Qb but so far he has been the type of guy we have been pleading for.  A semi competent vet who is not going to throw games away and who is just good enough to get you wins.

you say that..BUT, and a BIG  BUT, if we have 10 wins, good playoff run etc, he could be our QB for 2 years.

Archived