How cool is this for Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Jetster

Terrible thing about that game was that they were playing great and went in at the half with a lead.  First thing I did was look at my friend and just say "So how are they gonna F&*K this one up"?

Yep...I was Giddy with 2 minutes in the half.  THEN, SOJ's arrived.

I now have learned to wait before I get too excited.

Agreed, by short termish I was thinking this year and next.  I do not think he is he going to be the guy to win us a SB.

People said the same about Dilfer it's why the play the games.. If the Jets stay healthy and the pot head can delay his next suspension till next season who knows what could happen?? 

I really couldn't believe this offseason how Chan Gailey and Bowles thought Geno was the better choice for this team.  When you have a stacked defense, ALWAYS go with the veteran game manager with a better TD:INT ratio over the inexperienced young guy with a strong arm but worse TD:INT ratio.  I guess they saw Geno's "potential" on film and fell in love with "theoretical Geno" not knowing that "real life Geno" was not a good QB.

I'm just glad that IK sped up the process of Fitz replacing Geno, so it's not too late to make the playoffs.  It really was a blessing in disguise.  The hope now is that Fitz stays healthy for a full season.

If you remember back to Gailey's time with the Bills he benched Fitzpatrick after starting for a year in favor of Trent Edwards. After losing two games he went back to Fitz. I don't know if Fitz is terrible in practice or Gailey sucks at evaluating QBs. Geno tends to look good when it doesn't matter so he probably was the better QB in camp.

If you remember back to Gailey's time with the Bills he benched Fitzpatrick after starting for a year in favor of Trent Edwards. After losing two games he went back to Fitz. I don't know if Fitz is terrible in practice or Gailey sucks at evaluating QBs. Geno tends to look good when it doesn't matter so he probably was the better QB in camp.

Plus Fitz was coming off a broken leg and was getting 2nd team reps..

One thing I noticed and liked last week was even on that pick he threw, I like the effort and it was thrown where the CB had to make an amazing play to even pick that off. Usually I'm screaming at the TV on a pick but that one I was more ok with because of what they were trying to do.

Archived