Bills @ Dolphins this Sunday

Jettington

Buffalo is heading down to Miami for a late afternoon game this Sunday so who do we root for? 

I think down the road Buffalo is going to be a bigger threat to us because I have just no confidence in what I've seen from the Dolphins who lost to the Jaguars and barely beat a mediocre Redskins team. I also think if Rex's Bills start to dig a hole by losing a lot early things might come crashing down in that locker room with all of his stale bluster. 

Here's an interesting stat that no one is talking about: In 2013 the Bills were 29th in Pass Defense, in 2014 they were 30th in Pass Defense, and now 2 games into 2015 they are 31st in Pass Defense. The success of Rex's defenses revolve around having good play in the secondary and we as Jets fans have seen first hand what happens when he doesn't have the personnel to run his defense. I think people way over estimated how good this Bills defense was going to be and we are going to see them torched a lot this season, I'm expecting Tannehill to have a big game. 

One of these teams is going to be 1-2 after being hyped up all offseason.  So I'll likely be happy either way.  I think I'd prefer a Dolphin win since this is their home opener and we'll be facing them there next.  Let them feel good with a home opener W before facing us for a heavy dose of pain.

But naturally, any enjoyment over either team losing would be limited if we lose to Philly.  We need to take care of our business at home.

This game is a toss-up in my opinion.  Dolphins are talented on paper but are not reaching their potential.  They don't play like a team always and Philbin doesn't seem to light a fire under his guys.  Reports suggest Suh is ignoring playcalls and freestyling.  That's a lot of money spent on a guy who ignores the coaches.

The Bills are still an enigma. Clearly Rex lacks the secondary talent and depth to dominate a team like New England, but they can still feast on lesser QBs.  They haven't played a road game so we still don't know how resilient this offense is either.

One of these teams is going to be 1-2 after being hyped up all offseason.  So I'll likely be happy either way.  I think I'd prefer a Dolphin win since this is their home opener and we'll be facing them there next.  Let them feel good with a home opener W before facing us for a heavy dose of pain.

But naturally, any enjoyment over either team losing would be limited if we lose to Philly.  We need to take care of our business at home.

If you mean London by there yes we will.. :)

Judging by Rex's typical seesaw performances the bills probably win the game.

I can't decide which I want to lose. On one hand another loss by rex might send him and buffalo fans into total meltdown mode. On the other hand I believe a buffalo meltdown is inevitable so miami represents a larger threat, if any at all, and some early losses might be enough to secure them outside the playoff hunt. The buffalo loss is definitely more fun to watch but ultimately may not be as useful to us.

Probably more Jet fans if they played in Miami including me.. Although who knows we seem to have a fair amount of jet fans in the United Kingdom..

I just like the fact that the Dolphins only get 7 games in their own stadium this year.  Meanwhile, since our game with the Giants is considered a "road game", we get 9 games in MetLife.  Hopefully our fans get loud this year to improve that advantage.  :)

Would rather see Miami win.

I think the Bills are going to be very good - It's tough to judge a loss agains the Pats, they seem to put up huge numbers against everyone.  Sure they have bad games, but when they're on (and they were against the Bills) they're very hard to stop - no matter how good the defense.

Fish seem to be on a path to mediocrity...

The reason I want Miami to win is they have the the tougher schedule ahead of them since they have already played 2 winnable games. The bills have played 2 of the tougher teams on their schedule. They are more inclined to win more just because of schedule, so let's bury them early, and Miami will loose just due to tougher schedule.

Buffalo is heading down to Miami for a late afternoon game this Sunday so who do we root for? 

I think down the road Buffalo is going to be a bigger threat to us because I have just no confidence in what I've seen from the Dolphins who lost to the Jaguars and barely beat a mediocre Redskins team. I also think if Rex's Bills start to dig a hole by losing a lot early things might come crashing down in that locker room with all of his stale bluster. 

Here's an interesting stat that no one is talking about: In 2013 the Bills were 29th in Pass Defense, in 2014 they were 30th in Pass Defense, and now 2 games into 2015 they are 31st in Pass Defense. The success of Rex's defenses revolve around having good play in the secondary and we as Jets fans have seen first hand what happens when he doesn't have the personnel to run his defense. I think people way over estimated how good this Bills defense was going to be and we are going to see them torched a lot this season, I'm expecting Tannehill to have a big game. 

A mediocre Redskins team that embarrassed a team that beat the NFC superbowl representative the week before.  

Week to Week match ups mean very little, and the Jaguars are not a laughing stock team they have the past few years.  

I just like the fact that the Dolphins only get 7 games in their own stadium this year.  Meanwhile, since our game with the Giants is considered a "road game", we get 9 games in MetLife.  Hopefully our fans get loud this year to improve that advantage.  :)

This is huge in my opinion. 

Archived