Jets should be Super Bowl contenders

Freemanm

After watching the first two games, especially the destruction of the Colts, I strongly feel the Jets Can make a legit Super Bowl run this year. 

We have a 2000-Ravens type D defense that you only see maybe once a decade. If you look at the talent, it is Super Bowl caliber.Barring maybe New England (they just seem to know how to score points, I'm afraid), I just don't see any offense this year that the Jets D can't shut down.

All Fitz and co. Need to do is not turn the ball over. Seriously, If the offense can scrape up 14 to 17 points, the Jets are probably going to win the game.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the first thread you started: 

Starters looked like crap again, should we be worried?

I am now worrying. Obviously Ivory looks great, and Brandon Marsh had a nice catch, but the defense looked slow and totally clueless, like they didn't even read the playbook. I thought the secondary was improved in the offseason?

For the second week in a row, Mauldin had a good game and deserves a roster spot. Bryce Petty once again was better than I thought he would be.

Also beginning to agree that Pryor is a bust, even tho I've defended him many times here.

Not one to jump to quick conclusions, are you?

After watching the first two games, especially the destruction of the Colts, I strongly feel the Jets Can make a legit Super Bowl run this year. 

We have a 2000-Ravens type D defense that you only see maybe once a decade. If you look at the talent, it is Super Bowl caliber.Barring maybe New England (they just seem to know how to score points, I'm afraid), I just don't see any offense this year that the Jets D can't shut down.

All Fitz and co. Need to do is not turn the ball over. Seriously, If the offense can scrape up 14 to 17 points, the Jets are probably going to win the game.

Holy Shlit dude.....      

images.jpg

I dont know why you received so many thumbs down. I will say that SB talk like this is a bit early but I dig the optimism. I will say this, The jets have to first beat SB caliber teams in order to be in the conversation. People talk up the Colts because they primarily talk up Andrew Luck, but if you've followed anything I've ever said about Luck and the Colts you will see that I've been mostly correct with my assessment. Luck is a beast, he's a very good QB but he beats up on the worst division in football year after year and he has NEVER consistently beaten a complete team. 

Many have made excuses for him, which to an extent is valid given that the Colts havent put talent around him, but at the same time with all of the overhype comments on Luck I feel that if he's given that level of praise then its on him to win the games and when it comes to complete teams he just hasnt done it. So with that said, the Colts arent a SB caliber team. 

Now, the Jets play the Pats week 7. That is the test. If we can beat them in NE then we can most def have this conversation. The Jets could very well be undefeated heading into week 7 just given what we've seen from them so far, but bet your ass the more we play the more we're putting on tape and by week 7 the Pats will have a gameplan. 

We beat the Pats with great game planning and half time adjustments then I say that this conversation could be a legit one. For now, lets just be excited for a playoff birth. 

O

None of this is true.

I dont know why you received so many thumbs down. I will say that SB talk like this is a bit early but I dig the optimism. I will say this, The jets have to first beat SB caliber teams in order to be in the conversation. People talk up the Colts because they primarily talk up Andrew Luck, but if you've followed anything I've ever said about Luck and the Colts you will see that I've been mostly correct with my assessment. Luck is a beast, he's a very good QB but he beats up on the worst division in football year after year and he has NEVER beaten a complete team. 

Many have made excuses for him, which to an extent is valid given that the Colts havent put talent around him, but at the same time with all of the overhype comments on Luck I feel that if he's given that level of praise then its on him to win the games and when it comes to complete teams he just hasnt done it. So with that said, the Colts arent a SB caliber team. 

Now, the Jets play the Pats week 7. That is the test. If we can beat them in NE then we can most def have this conversation. The Jets could very well be undefeated heading into week 7 just given what we've seen from them so far, but bet your ass the more we play the more we're putting on tape and by week 7 the Pats will have a gameplan. 

We beat the Pats with great game planning and half time adjustments then I say that this conversation could be a legit one. For now, lets just be excited for a playoff birth. 

I just checked my look to the future Foe-cast and it said Jet team & MG = Bowl win..;)

1355.gif

I just checked my look to the future Foe-cast and it said Jet team & MG = Bowl win..;)

Real talk, Fitz is golden in that pocket so far, but his deep balls are what Fitz has struggled most in if you want to criticize his game so far. You put Glennon on this team with his accurate deep passes along with Devin Smith coming back from injury and this offense is top 5 all day long. 

Just stop it.

We beat the BROWNS with their backup QB, and a really over rated Colts team.  Both games would have been much closer without a fumble on the 1 yard line.  With Philly's current O Line, the Jets D should shut them down too, but that's not a real test either.

Archived