Chance Geno is active for Sunday?

Jetlife33

Other practice notes: WR Eric Decker (sprained knee), WR Chris Owusu (leg) and CB Darrin Walls (hamstring) aren't practicing today for the Jets. LB Lorenzo Mauldin (concussion) is back on the field for the first time since his scary injury.

Great news!

Other practice notes: WR Eric Decker (sprained knee), WR Chris Owusu (leg) and CB Darrin Walls (hamstring) aren't practicing today for the Jets. LB Lorenzo Mauldin (concussion) is back on the field for the first time since his scary injury.

Mauldin did not practice. Reilly (finger) did not practice. #nyj

GENO WILL NEVER SEE THE FIELD UNLESS RYAN GETS HURT PERIOD! LETS FACE IT, THE JETS  HAVE MOVED ON FROM THE GENO ERA. PERRY IS THE FUTURE

Yes...but a Fitz injury is a real possibility.    Geno needs to suit up, watch from the sidleines and see what the fukk the team can do with a QB who respects the ball and 

how teammates respect that type of player.

How do you guys think Fitz would be doing now w/o Marshall/Decker/Enunwa/Owusu and the great D keeping things close as the offense stalls even with weapons now?

Just something to keep in mind.  If we're winning comfortably, cool.  You'd be nuts to shake things up.  Doesn't mean the guy who was impressing with all the new toys during camp won't be able to play well (or even better) though.

Great news welcome back Geno Smith know your role you are a backup to Fitzpatrick at this current time. 

Right.  Support Fitz and the team.  Don't act disgruntled and be ready to step in when needed.  

However during practice, bust your @ss trying to impress and win the job back.  Just like earlier this year.

GENO WILL NEVER SEE THE FIELD UNLESS RYAN GETS HURT PERIOD! LETS FACE IT, THE JETS  HAVE MOVED ON FROM THE GENO ERA. PERRY IS THE FUTURE

There is nothing to support this statement.  At the time of the punch Geno was the starting QB, this is only week 3 of the season coming up.  I imagine Fitz will continue to play as long as he's effective (who know how long that will be) but there has been nothing stated or even insinuated that the Jets have moved on.

How do you guys think Fitz would be doing now w/o Marshall/Decker/Enunwa/Owusu and the great D keeping things close as the offense stalls even with weapons now?

Just something to keep in mind.  If we're winning comfortably, cool.  You'd be nuts to shake things up.  Doesn't mean the guy who was impressing with all the new toys during camp won't be able to play well (or even better) though.

Nobody knows, but going off of history, he'd probably be doing exactly what he has done for the past five or six seasons.  He'd be completing 60+ percent of his passes while throwing more TD's than INT's.  I'll take it.

Mauldin might be huge because you could spy Darren Sproles with him

? Mauldin is a slug.  He literally might be the slowest LB that we have. He ran a 4.85.  That is more than two tenths slower than David Harris.  He has also stated that he has not had much/any experience dropping into coverage.  Not the kind of guy I would want to put on a jitterbugging scat back.  Considering the Eagles inability to run I would be more likely to add a DB to use as a spy.  Particularly when Sproles is in the game.

I thought that the timing of Bowles naming Fitz as the starter was odd. Now it makes perfect sense. He answered the who is the starter question before word of Geno getting cleared to practice was announced.

Agreed.  I like how Bowles is handling things.  He's keeping the "circus" reporting at bay.  Yet also being sufficiently vague with his comments that a change could happen at any point.

I'd hope that when/if he hands the reigns back to Geno, he doesn't announce it 'til last minute.  Basically screwing the defensive gameplan of whoever we're playing that week.

Agreed.  I like how Bowles is handling things.  He's keeping the "circus" reporting at bay.  Yet also being sufficiently vague with his comments that a change could happen at any point.

I'd hope that when/if he hands the reigns back to Geno, he doesn't announce it 'til last minute.  Basically screwing the defensive gameplan of whoever we're playing that week.

I hope he never hands the reigns back to Geno!  I get your point and agree that he is doing his best to control the craziness that is the NY media. 

I hope he never hands the reigns back to Geno!  I get your point and agree that he is doing his best to control the craziness that is the NY media. 

Hey, look at it this way, if Fitz was doing poorly and Geno got the nod, it wouldn't be very inspiring.  Now though with Fitz performing well, IF (big if) Bowles decides to start Geno at some point in the future, it'll have to be because Geno has really earned it.  So we may differ on whether or not we want to see Geno back in there, but it'd be tough to argue against our new coach (who it seems all approve of) making the switch if he thinks it's the right thing to do.

Will be interesting watching how Bowles handles this and how Fitz/Geno and the team respond.

Archived