Jets among shaky 2-0 teams

BurnleyJet

The turnover lines are such bs. We got zero sacks, realistically we could have had 3-4 sacks and 1-2 turnovers. Luck is a bit of a risk taker and threw some bad balls caused by all the pressure. We dont need to bring the house AND have GREAT man to man guys. The turnovers are just a product of the pressure and either way we arent a fluke.

Confucius said; As long as you don't flounder your not a fluke..:) 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again with the excuses. All teams play with injuries. Cromartie wasnt 100%, Devin Smith isnt on the field so we dont have a deep threat because of broke ribs and the Jets had to start their season with their back up QB. Of course that doesnt apply to us because Jets fans must make an excuse when the Jets win. 

At the end of the day when the Colts finally scored in the 4th qtr isnt wasnt like the game ended 10-7. The Jets offense immediately marched down the field and scored a TD, then they stopped the Colts, marched down the field again and kicked a field goal. The Jets offense scored 10 of their 20 points in the last 6 minutes of the game, and put the Colts ass away. Thats called being SOLID. 

And the reason why it was 10-0 is because the Jets OC was calling conservative plays in order to run the clock. When the Colts put up points, you seen what that offense did. 

Maybe our definition of a shaky 2-0 team is different.  Being a shaky 2-0 is better than a solid 1-1.  We're in a good (maybe even great) spot now.  But we are not yet a top tier team.  The offense has to improve for that to happen.

Maybe our definition of a shaky 2-0 team is different.  Being a shaky 2-0 is better than a solid 1-1.  We're in a good (maybe even great) spot now.  But we are not yet a top tier team.  The offense has to improve for that to happen.

No, we're not a top tier team. I'll agree with that. But we're most definitely a top 10 team, and top 10 teams arent shaky teams. 

Magically? Jets fans are the absolute worst! lol. How about when Gilchrist "magically" dropped Lucks 4th thrown INT? And yeah, it was 10-0 well into the 4th qtr but that was based on the fact that Gailey called a more conservative game during that lead in order to keep the clock running. The moment the Colts scored what did that Jet offense do? Let me tell you, they scored 10 points in the last 6 minutes in the 4th qtr, meaning that they doubled their points output that was "well into the 4th qtr" in 6 minutes. 

come on, the defense caused that? And i'm not a Jet fan.

The colts were in the AFC title game last year, correct? Correct. For the most part since Luck was drafted they have been a fairly good team, playoff bound correct. Correct. I think anyone who watched enough football would think, even if the Colts don't make the playoffs this year, they are clearly struggling. They won't play that bad all season.  I never called the Colts garbage. 

And it wasn't far fetch to pick against the jets away on Monday Night either..i mean that is what betting is all about. This was only week 2. even if you guys were 1-1. nobody beside jets fans should be considering your team out of any playoff hunt.

week 7 is about right to judge a team. And just in case you or anyone is thinking it, i'm not down playing your win against the colts, or dissing the colts to diss the jets.

Just as good as your defense played, it was still 10-0 and could of easily been tied. 

..and you could have just as easily been spit out the window of a cab.

No, we're not a top tier team. I'll agree with that. But we're most definitely a top 10 team, and top 10 teams arent shaky teams. 

Ok so we basically agree.  We just view the term "shaky" differetly.  To me, if we were a solid 2-0 team, that would mean we are a top tier team.  Convincing victories the next two weeks could put us there though.

67tibn.gif

come on, the defense caused that? And i'm not a Jet fan.

I didnt say that the Jet caused Gore's fumble. I said, that even if Gore scored that TD they would only have 14 points, which means that they LOST 20-14. Better yet, Lets give their kicker that field goal that he missed, the result doesnt change. The Colts lose 20-17. 

In otherwords, there was NOTHING in this game that shows that the Colts would have won this game even if you give them the Gore fumble and the Vinatieri FG miss. 

At the end of the day its about execution and limiting mistakes. The Jets did it, the Colts didnt. 

Isn't it nice to see the Jets getting these kind of breaks for a change Dom? I mean it seemed like they went 4-5 years without getting a tipped ball interception, while you sit and watch teams like the Pats getting them 5 times EVERY year for the past decade at least. That's the stuff that I talk about year after year when we do our prediction thread before each season begins. I always say IF the Jets can somehow manage to get some of the breaks, some of the calls, some of the NON-calls AND if they can manage to stay somewhat healthy at the critical positions (this year QB being THE most important one) then they have a chance....these 2015 New York Jets have a chance to be THE team of destiny. 

I agree except that I have no idea who Dom is.

The Jets (who beat the "SB bound" Colts) are a lot less "shaky" 2-0 than say, the Falcons, who beat the Eagles (with difficulty) and the Giants (and needed a 4th Q comeback) but that team is strutting around the locker room like they're all that. 

The Jets (who beat the "SB bound" Colts) are a lot less "shaky" 2-0 than say, the Falcons, who beat the Eagles (with difficulty) and the Giants (and needed a 4th Q comeback) but that team is romping around the locker room like they're all that. 

Thank you. 

Precisely what I've been saying. Its not just that the Jets won, its how they won. 

this is all about the fitz.  the media does not have faith in him or geno.  

Very true.  And I'll admit I'm in the same boat with regards to Fitz (not Geno so much, but let's not turn this into a Geno sucks debate).  But that's mainly because I need more than two games to begin really believing in a guy.  Promising start so far.  I'll reserve verdict til the bye week.

More anti Jet based rubbish..

Jets among shaky 2-0 teams; Texans among 0-2 teams with hope

If you're one of the nine undefeated teams in the NFL, you're no doubt feeling pretty good about your situation. After all, nine of the 15 teams to start 2-0 over the past two seasons went on to reach the playoffs. Conversely, if you're one of the nine teams looking for your first win, you might be feeling fairly low, considering that 13 of the 15 teams to start 0-2 over that span spent the postseason at home.

But those in the former group shouldn't forget about the six 2-0 teams that missed the playoffs (the Bears, Dolphins and Texans in 2013 and the Bills, Eagles and Texans in 2014), while those in the latter group should remember the two 0-2 squads that reached the playoffs (the Panthers in 2013 and the Colts last season). That is to say, no record guarantees anything this early.

Below, you'll see three 2-0 teams I have serious questions about and three 0-2 squads that have a good shot to turn their seasons around.

THREE UNDEFEATED TEAMS I'M WORRIED ABOUT

New York Jets

The Jets have a very good defense and a turnover differential of plus-eight -- that's why they're winning. But I see two trouble spots looming: the quarterback position and the running game. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a good backup quarterback who is smart enough to play well on occasion, but I think there's a reason he's on his sixth team. I don't know if he can sustain success over a full season. Lead back Chris Ivory, meanwhile, is a guy who tries hard but isn't very special.

Coach Todd Bowles is very good, and the Jets' defense will present a lot of problems for opponents. But I don't think New York will be scoring a lot. This team is similar to the Texans, except the Jets don't have anyone like Arian Foster on their roster and they play in a much tougher division. New York also finishes up with three potentially difficult games (at Dallas, vs. New England and at Buffalo). For the Jets to have a chance, the defense will really have to carry the load.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000537084/article/jets-among-shaky-20-teams-texans-among-02-teams-with-hope

I am usually pretty unbiased and more critical than most about our Jets. I disagree on ALL points. Chris Ivory IS Special and on and on. I like Fritz and believe he was not blessed with a good front line and offensive weapons all at once in his previous stops.

I didnt say that the Jet caused Gore's fumble. I said, that even if Gore scored that TD they would only have 14 points, which means that they LOST 20-14. Better yet, Lets give their kicker that field goal that he missed, the result doesnt change. The Colts lose 20-17. 

In otherwords, there was NOTHING in this game that shows that the Colts would have won this game even if you give them the Gore fumble and the Vinatieri FG miss. 

At the end of the day its about execution and limiting mistakes. The Jets did it, the Colts didnt.

we obviously watched two different games. I broke it down pretty clear to you. The Colts left 10 easy points off the board. and the score was 10-0 well into the fourth. I don't know how you are trying to argue against that, but you are. ok. cool whatever.

and you referred to my "magically" comment. The gif clearly showed that the fumble was a freak play. aka magically. But go for what you know.

we obviously watched two different games. I broke it down pretty clear to you. The Colts left 10 easy points off the board. and the score was 10-0 well into the fourth. I don't know how you are trying to argue against that, but you are. ok. cool whatever.

and you referred to my "magically" comment. The gif clearly showed that the fumble was a freak play. aka magically. But go for what you know.

Yeah, we watched two different games. The game that I watched the Colts scored 7 points in. The game you watched was the one in your head because you keep referring to "easy points" that the Colts for some reason or another couldnt "easily score" in reality. Quite the imagination. 

And I commented on your magical comment because you're reaching for anything when the point of the matter is the Colts offense got stomped in and the Colts defense couldnt stop the Jets offense when it mattered. 

Okay? Cool.

I would not say the Jets are shaky, but he is correct that Fitz is not playing anywhere near the level needed for sustained success. His stats look OK but he has not been very good. He has stated he knows it so let's hope his play improves. The last 3 games are tough but we may already be in the playoffs then and we can beat all of those teams/

I bet, when you dont have an offensive line to protect you I would assume your passes are going to look a bit Tim Tebow'ish. 

Just ask Andrew Luck. 

Of course I could not argue one way or the other factually. I just do not see it that way. I see Geno as an incapable. Just my opinion.

Of course I could not argue one way or the other factually. I just do not see it that way. I see Geno as an incapable. Just my opinion.

And some look at Luck as the best young QB in the game, however he looked as incapable as Geno Smith. 

Sometimes having targets and good play design could turn things around for an incapable player. 

And some look at Luck as the best young QB in the game, however he looked as incapable as Geno Smith. 

Sometimes having targets and good play design could turn things around for an incapable player. 

Completely disagree. Luck was off on the passes and has looked awful. He just did not miss the passes by miles as Geno used to.

Questioning QB is understandable 

questioning Ivory at RB just shows he has no idea what's up with this team

We have a QB who was out most of last year and at the very beginning of training camp. Has had one half a preseason game with the first offense. Took none of the first team reps with the first offense prior to than and only 8 quarters with the starting offense as a whole. I would say considering the factors, he has looked pretty darn good. I expected worse. 

Feel free to show me passes that Geno missed by "miles" and I'll show you footage from Luck on Monday night. 

Please, I feel like it. 

comparing Luck and Geno is like comparing a Bentley to a used Chevy  Nova

luck only looked genoesque because we dominated their soft O-line and consistently had his first 3 progressions covered

Archived