We Have Finally Replaced Keyshawn Johnson

SoFlaJets

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first off he only had 13 carries, 2nd watch the game and show me where his yards were expected to come from?  he was hit in the backfield on every play.  Barry sanders once averaged minus yardage in a playoff game- did he suck?

Ok how about this in 2004 Shaun Alexander was leading in rushing especially since the usual leader Priest Holmes was hurt in game 8.. But then when the last game the Jets played went into overtime he asked Holmgren to put him back in and he wouldn't because he had a 250 K bonus if he won the rushing title and he lost by 1 yd.. He was so pissed he asked to be traded and said give me 370 carries and see what I do.. The next year they did he had 27 tds 1880 yds and avg 5.1 ypc.. In his career he had 100 rushing td's the compiler 90 of course he had 1300 less carries but what difference would that make??? LOL 

Look I thought Cumar was a very good back and a great guy even though he didn't like football and once said he looked at the Jets as a bottom of the barrel team that he would never play for.. Now I didn't think he was worth a 1st and 3 rd pick and that high Tuna contract but as a role model he was A+ in a league with some thug players.. I just always got a kick out of tweaking the Martinette's like the young fan when Martin compiled more yardage then Jim Brown said:Wow he's better then Jim Brown..LOL So I of course said and Vinny has more td's and passing yardage then Montana so I guess he's better then Joe??:)

Curtis played at a high level for a long time, was he as flashy as Alexander or others? No but he was consistently among the best every year.  there are multiple levels of HOFers, he's obviously not up there w/ guys like Brown and Payton, he's on the lower rung w/ guys like Bettis.

anyone who thinks Curtis was on par or better than Brown obviously doesn't understand.

Key was $, just give him the damn ball.  3rd and 10, he would go get it, many times.  The play at the pylon last week reminded me of Braylon Edwards play blowing up 2 defenders on the goal line.  Wish i could post the gif, was a thing of beauty.

I thought of that Braylon play at NE too.

KJ was the first pick in the 1996 draft Wayne was a UDFA in 1995 of course he didn't have the physical talent of KJ but when it came to heart and being a tough player IMO he was better.. If people hate Rex because of his mouth how can you like KJ who bad mouthed his own teammate?? 

The Jets missed on four - count em FOUR - future HOF players to take big mouff Keyshawn. Eddie George, Marvin Harrison, Jonathan Ogden and Ray Lewis were all in that draft. Not to mention Amani Toomer who was BETTER than Keyshawn. Muhsin Muhammad and Tedi Bruschi were also there. Yeah, nice pick by Rich Kotite who I dubbed ChromeDomus Maximus.

Curtis played at a high level for a long time, was he as flashy as Alexander or others? No but he was consistently among the best every year.  there are multiple levels of HOFers, he's obviously not up there w/ guys like Brown and Payton, he's on the lower rung w/ guys like Bettis.

anyone who thinks Curtis was on par or better than Brown obviously doesn't understand.

One would think if that was true he would have been on a All Decade team in the 90's or 2000's he wasn't.. As a Jet he avg 7 tds a year and 1287 yds and 3.98 ypc ok I'll give him 4 ypc since it's close..LOL 

Brayoln Edwards was a pretty close substitute for his good year he had with us.  He was pretty beastly.

Agreed, to this DAY I'll never understand why the Jets front office that following season refused to keep together a WR corps that was finally getting that nitwit we had playing QB some cohesion. It was again, clueless Rex IMO, bringing in Derrick Mason and Plaxico-remember him predicting a hundred catches for Mason before he succeeded in ripping the locker room apart? He turned Santonio into a malcontent and made Plaxico think he was back in cell block C working for slave wages. I swear I thought that guy was a plant. 

NO WE HAVENT. Marshall has like what 3 years left in his career? And why are you acting like Keyshawn is our greatest WR?? Crebet proved that he was more valuable..

we're talking different positions there CV...Wayne was a slot receiver Keyshawn a wideout

One would think if that was true he would have been on a All Decade team in the 90's or 2000's he wasn't.. As a Jet he avg 7 tds a year and 1287 yds and 3.98 ypc ok I'll give him 4 ypc since it's close..LOL 

to be fair(which you have not been w/ Curtis) his career began in the middle of one decade and ended in the middle of the next.  hard to make an all decade team w/o playing the majority of games in one particular decade. 

actually as a Jet he had 2560 carries for 10,302 yds for an average of 4.02 so by giving him 4 you are rounding down.

1287 yds a year isn't good? 7 TDs a year isn't good?

The Jets missed on four - count em FOUR - future HOF players to take big mouff Keyshawn. Eddie George, Marvin Harrison, Jonathan Ogden and Ray Lewis were all in that draft. Not to mention Amani Toomer who was BETTER than Keyshawn. Muhsin Muhammad and Tedi Bruschi were also there. Yeah, nice pick by Rich Kotite who I dubbed ChromeDomus Maximus.

toomer was not better than Key, George is not going to the HOF.  Marvin is but last I checked he had a HOF QB throwing him the ball the majority of his career, Key never played w/ a HOF QB. 

to be fair(which you have not been w/ Curtis) his career began in the middle of one decade and ended in the middle of the next.  hard to make an all decade team w/o playing the majority of games in one particular decade. 

actually as a Jet he had 2560 carries for 10,302 yds for an average of 4.02 so by giving him 4 you are rounding down.

1287 yds a year isn't good? 7 TDs a year isn't good?

Terrell Davis was drafted the same year as Martin 1995 and he's All Decade.. You are now my all time favorite Martinette.. Here's what we agree on Martin has the most carries in a season and the most total yards.. Even Shonn Greene was better in the playoffs and just about any other RB record is held by other Jet backs..

Key was good but overrated IMO.  Almost always had to catch the ball in the EZ or he wasn't gonna' score.  Not very fast, not very strong, but had great hands and could pluck the ball out of a crowd with the best of 'em.

I completely agree. I did however think he was strong, durable and tough.

I completely agree. I did however think he was strong, durable and tough.

He was...he could take a hit and get right back up...unless it was Corwin Brown delivering it.

He loves to say he was this playmaker who never had a good QB, but one season with the Bucs he almost set the all-time record for receptions w/o scoring a TD.  I think his 98th catch was a TD (again, caught it while standing in the EZ), but of the other 105 catches, not once did he run past, over, around somebody to get in the EZ.  Good, tough possession WR.

toomer was not better than Key, George is not going to the HOF.  Marvin is but last I checked he had a HOF QB throwing him the ball the majority of his career, Key never played w/ a HOF QB. 

Key only had two really good years as a pro he lost a step after he was traded to Tampa and made it everyone's fault but his that he was barely above a JAG rest of his career.

Overall Brandon Marshall has had a better career, is currently comparable to Key as a jet and is a better teammate by all accounts.

Terrell Davis was drafted the same year as Martin 1995 and he's All Decade.. You are now my all time favorite Martinette.. Here's what we agree on Martin has the most carries in a season and the most total yards.. Even Shonn Greene was better in the playoffs and just about any other RB record is held by other Jet backs..

he was 2nd team and yes he deserved it before Curtis.  TD 1995-1998 was as good as any RB in history.

Archived