We've got a trapped animal this weekend

rick34125

there are no easy games

That is true, but if we are a really good team, we should win these.  If we cannot consistently beat bad or struggling teams, we are not a top 10 team.  Sure, on any given Sunday, but the Pats win these games 9 out of 10 times.  If we think we are that good, we should win these games.  They need to work hard, game plan, and not see past the game, but we should still win.  Beating the Eagles doesn't prove we are good, but loosing to them suggests we are not there yet.

This is one of those games.  A game where you just hope that you get to look back at it disappearing in the rear view mirror while telling yourself "I am glad we got past that one".

Before the season I doubt you would find many people outside of Jets fans who would think we could win this game.  The Eagles after all were primed for a push towards playoffs success and we were a team that picked #6 overall.  So much for assumptions that a new season will simply be a continuation of the last one.  Now, two weeks into the season the universe has completely flipped upside down.  Based on performances in the first two games alone the so called "smart" money has got to think that our ferocious defense is going to just eat their borderline dysfunctional offense for breakfast.

Maybe so, maybe not.

The massive turnover differential for the Jets masked two games where the outcomes would certainly would been a lot closer.  Twice the opposition fumbled the ball on our own goal line.

I expect a messy game this week.  I expect the offensive challenges we saw last week against the Colt to continue in this game.  A simple law of averages says that we are unlikely to get five turnovers again this week.  With all that said I expect the defense to be all-planet, that we finally get off the all-time schneid against the Eagles and we win an ugly one 16-7

Rear view mirror here we come!

This Jet team hasn't proven nearly enough to start thinking we have an easy win over anyone.  

Yes, the Eagles looked bad the past two weeks, but this is a team that's one 10 games the past two seasons.  They're not just going to lie down and call it quits.  The Jets will have to play at a high level if they're going to win.

Chip's gonna pull out all the stops for this one (I live in the Philly area - Eagle fans and sports radio are calling for blood) Just be careful here...

This is not the team that won 10 games.

If they had Shady, Maclin, Foles, and DJax I would be more worried.

Chip Kelly is an idiot, or this is some grand scheme to get back at an ex girlfriend Eagles fan.

Bradford may very well lay down and call it quits.

I saw a Bald Eagle in a cage once.  It was the saddest thing I'd ever seen in America.  So much freedom trapped in a cage and sitting on a stick.

Well the Jets are going to set him free on Sunday.

Btw the only bald eagles you should see in cages are ones that cannot live in the wild. There are enough in the wild now that they are no longer endangered, but the are still protected.

This is not the team that won 10 games.

If they had Shady, Maclin, Foles, and DJax I would be more worried.

Chip Kelly is an idiot, or this is some grand scheme to get back at an ex girlfriend Eagles fan.

Bradford may very well lay down and call it quits.

Kelly has def. gotten rid of many of his weapons - but he's brought some new ones in too.  

Look, I'm not saying the Eagles are a powerhouse, but we really shouldn't be taking them lightly.  Their defense actually played pretty well last week.  Their offense was inept, but it was against an in division team.

The Jets offense really isn't very good and if the Eagles offense clicks they're tough to stop...

This is a game that can either way.

'where they are'?

they won 2 games. They are 2 losses from being .500! So many fans acting like we've already arrived. This sort of over-reacting is what made you all love Rex to the point it took 6 years, 3 oc's, 2 gm's to get rid of him.

How about we just hope Boeles and company can get another win? Keep it s little more humble and hopeful? nothing is accomplished or established yet...

Half of me wants to curse you for bringing me down, and the other half wants to agree with you on staying grounded in reality.

We've beaten two sh*tty teams; the Browns and Colts, and how funny would it be if the Browns end the year with the better record of the two?

As soon as we have a dominant performance on both sides of the ball I think we will all exhale a bit and start to permit ourselves to have thoughts of bigger things for this team in 2015/2016.  The Eagles this week are the right test at the right time IMO.  Same thing goes for the Dolphins next week.

Cautious optimism is what I am thinking right now.  With the emphasis on cautious.

As soon as we have a dominant performance on both sides of the ball I think we will all exhale a bit and start to permit ourselves to have thoughts of bigger things for this team in 2015/2016.  The Eagles this week are the right test at the right time IMO.  Same thing goes for the Dolphins next week.

Cautious optimism is what I am thinking right now.  With the emphasis on cautious.

That's where I'm at as well. Jets turn over the ball twice in the first quarter, it's an uphill fight. That's all it takes in the NFL -- more parity than not. There is reason to be optimistic, particularly with our defense matchup to their struggling run game and stronger secondary than anybody else they've faced. I like our chances but there are o gimmes'. There are a couple of media wizards picking Jacksonville over the Pats... anything can happen (although that one is a long shot).

There are a couple of media wizards picking Jacksonville over the Pats... anything can happen (although that one is a long shot).

The Patriots are the exception to the "any given Sunday" rule because of their advantages at home.  The radio will cut out for Jacksonville on key plays and that goober Bortles won't know what to do.

10 turnovers in 2 games guys. 10! This defense will be known as  a turnover machine by the end of the year.

27-10, final score. GO JETS!

After six years of watching turnover machines at our own quarterback position, it's nice to have one on our defensive side of the ball

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

2 ******* wins and the lot of you sound like pats fans assuming we'll win 10-12 games, and not winning by enough points...

We're still the Jets. My prediction is 10 wins, I am a fan of Fitz, but this team has limitations... So I'm not pretending for s second that we could bottom out and be a 4 win team.

just be greatful for each win as it comes.

EFF you monkey!!! back in the cage,

Definitely, they are fighting for their season. Let's crush their hopes and get the first win over this franchise and their "genius"

The Jets are going to crush the hapless Eagles and earn their first EVER win over Philadelphia. Too many changes on the team. Chip Kelly needs to go back to coaching college football where he can recruit his team. Can't do that in this league. Sam Bradford scares NO ONE as a QB and their o-line is horrible. Jets D should pitch a shutout.

Archived