If Murray is limited and Sproles plays

Lego My Lageman

...dont be so worried. I posted a few times that Matthews and Sproles speed worries me more than a guy like Murray. Murray needs the carries to get his game going. Where Sproles and Matthews are more a plug and play pass catching duo and this could give us a hard time. I noticed in both games so far backs finding the open field and breaking out.

Until I remember the last time Sproles came into the Meadowlands and was KO'd on the first play of the game.  :)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9921804/darren-sproles-new-orleans-saints-injured-new-york-jets

I believe Sproles will get 15-20 touches if Murray is out. Sproles out of the backfield will be a nightmare... I would probably want Skrine shadowing him all game, because our LB's will be unable to cover him. Ertz will also need to be covered tightly between the 20's. That's where we will miss A. Allen. Celek in the red zone worries me too.

Basically the running game does not worry me, Matthews and Riley do not worry me... the "scat-back" and TE worry me.

I believe Sproles will get 15-20 touches if Murray is out. Sproles out of the backfield will be a nightmare... I would probably want Skrine shadowing him all game, because our LB's will be unable to cover him. Ertz will also need to be covered tightly between the 20's. That's where we will miss A. Allen. Celek in the red zone worries me too.

Basically the running game does not worry me, Matthews and Riley do not worry me... the "scat-back" and TE worry me.

TE's were a much bigger concern in the Rex era.  I'm confident in our safeties and LB's to handle Ertz and Celek under Bowles.  Just look how well we shut down Dwayne Allen and Fleener last week.

The only thing that worries me, as I mentioned in another thread is that both Mathews and Sproles fit that offense better than Murrary.  Murrary, isnt a fit at all.  He's not made for those stretch, zone read plays where they are slow developing and the QB is handing the ball to the RB.  He needs to be downhill, between the tackles taking the ball from the QB and he needs a lot of touches. 

It's a little crazy sounding but his injury could be what gets that offense back into a rhythm...assuming the OL gets their sh*t together. 

I still think we match up very well.  Better than anytime we've played the Eagles in the past. 

The only thing that worries me, as I mentioned in another thread is that both Mathews and Sproles fit that offense better than Murrary.  Murrary, isnt a fit at all.  He's not made for those stretch, zone read plays where they are slow developing and the QB is handing the ball to the RB.  He needs to be downhill, between the tackles taking the ball from the QB and he needs a lot of touches. 

It's a little crazy sounding but his injury could be what gets that offense back into a rhythm...assuming the OL gets their sh*t together. 

I still think we match up very well.  Better than anytime we've played the Eagles in the past. 

Right on the money, but went we were talking about this I never thought about the fact that our defense happens to be a group of trained killers :)  Sproles and Matthews arent built for this level of physical.....but we shall see!

Right on the money, but went we were talking about this I never thought about the fact that our defense happens to be a group of trained killers :)  Sproles and Matthews arent built for this level of physical.....but we shall see!

They have nothing but fragile backs.  I'd love to see Q end one of their season/career's like he did to MoJo Drew last season.  lol

If the Eagles had a dual threat type of QB, I'd be worried.  But they don't.  Run blitz the sh*t out of them and press the receivers at the line.  Bradford, one of the game's most conservative QB's and one of the worst when facing pressure in his face, won't beat us, especially if we make them one-dimensional.

They have nothing but fragile backs.  I'd love to see Q end one of their season/career's like he did to MoJo Drew last season.  lol

Bowles seems sneaky enough to encourage it too. Not in a bad way....for example in the Colts game. Whether it was coached or instinct, Powell dropped that shoulder right into Vontae Davis head. A great play and gave us a huge advantage!

TE's were a much bigger concern in the Rex era.  I'm confident in our safeties and LB's to handle Ertz and Celek under Bowles.  Just look how well we shut down Dwayne Allen and Fleener last week.

Ertz is faster than Fleener and Allen. Also, you forgot to mention your thoughts on Sproles, who was the main topic of my post.

Ertz is faster than Fleener and Allen. Also, you forgot to mention your thoughts on Sproles, who was the main topic of my post.

This guy summed up my thoughts pretty nicely:

sproleshurt_medium.gif

Our safeties are better than they were during that game, also.  Sproles and Ertz are both dangerous, but not world beaters.  If we lose it'll be because Sam Bradford suddenly grows a pair and the Eagle defense decides to show up, not because of those 2 guys.  Ertz has caught 6 passes this year.  He's not Gronk.  And we've also seen Sproles have a big game then totally disappear the rest of the season in years past.

Archived