trading for a TE

jetsfan719

this may sound stupid, i don't know his salary and what not and how he would fit under the cap, but how crazy unrealistic would it be to make a offer to Seahawks for graham. There not using him correctly there and he isn't happy. i saw this posted on another forum and wanted to get your opinions. dont kill me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope.  It would cost entirely too much to acquire him.  It's true that the Seahawks are currently forced to make him the game's most expensive blocking TE because their pass blocking is so bad, but it doesn't mean they'll give up on him by the trade deadline.

Not to mention, he counts $8M against the cap this year.  We currently only have $2.7M in cap space. 

Seattle traded veteran center Max Unger, & Seattle sending its first-round pick this year to the Saints  for New Orleans' fourth-round selection & Graham. Plus they are paying him average of 10mil a year.

Why not trade for Aaron Rogers instead?

Graham is just not worth it because Seattle gave up a first round pick and a Pro-Bowl Center to get him, so the cost for us would be similar because it's too early to give up on such a big asset.  While trading for a TE is ideal, a lot of teams don't move good guys for peanuts, and I'm not sure it's going to make a big enough difference in our offense for it to be worth it.  Even the guys that are available, are going to be in the similar mold to the ones that we have on our roster, either limited physically or undeveloped.  

like said i saw someone else mention it jus wanted hear your opinions. i know its so astronomically impossible but it would be pretty awsome lok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gailey actually used a bunch of 11 personnel in the past, but he's adjusted this year with the roster and is going with more wideouts because it fits us better.  

Ertz might be a good candidate if we were looking to trade for a TE. Chip seems to like getting rid of just about anyone and Ertz hasn't really been used much on that eagles roster, I think he could develop into a pretty decent TE and if Amaro ends up working out we could always run some two TE sets.

Quincey Enunwa catching 1 of 3 balls will get him cut soon 

The fact that 2 of our running backs have more receptions so far this season than Enunwa has targets should give you a hint as to the faith they have in his hands. His saving grace right now is that he is a good blocker.

Jets need the best blocking TE they can get on the roster.  If a TE catches a pass every so often, great.  There already enough receiving weapons in cupboard.  Must make sure the run game is working well enough to keep strong defenses honest.

Archived