In case anyone wants a humorous throwback Thursday chuckle...

Jet in PA

No wonder the Jets stink as a franchise.

I don’t care if Ryan Pace traded Brandon Marshall to the Jets for nothing more than a kiss from Joe Namath, that would be enough.

Dumping Marshall was the point. Clearing his heavy baggage and divisive ways out of Halas Hall was the entire goal.

That the Bears rookie general manager reportedly got a mid-round draft pick in return for the embarrassing wide receiver is just a straight pansting.

Give Pace a raise. Extend his contract. I don’t care that he just got here. Do you realize what he just did?

Pace found a team stupid enough to give up something for a player the Bears were going to cut next week.

What’s more, the market is flooded with wide receivers, and this draft is stocked with them --- but yet Pace got something for Marshall that is more than just saving cash and salary cap space.

No wonder the Jets stink as a franchise. It’s like they hijacked Phil Emery’s stupid gas.

Marshall has become more uncoachable and intolerable each year he has been a Bear. He is over 30, coming off injury, proven less productive, and has aliented half of Halas Hall, if not more.

It got to the point that the coach couldn’t say Marshall ran the wrong pattern for fear that the wideout would spontaneously combust or something.

Marshall was all kinds of loud, fake leadership. He has never been to the playoffs in his NFL career, and now he’s bringing his laughable act to one of the few teams last year’s horrible Bears were able to beat. Good luck with that.

The deal won’t be official until the league year begins Tuesday afternoon. The deal also cannot be official until Marshall passes a physical.

If this goes through, Bears fans, you have every right to dream of big things under Pace. He knew Marshall was a bad actor who needed excising. He saw what a loser the guy is in a locker room setting.

Pace pretty much told everybody what he thought of Marshall when he said a team’s best players have to be its best leaders and that football has to be Priority No. 1.

Marshall is on record as saying that winning a Super Bowl is not his priority. Using the NFL as a platform for his causes is his priority. Some leader, huh?

Bears to trade receiver Brandon Marshall to Jets

Marshall also wants to continue appearing on “Inside the NFL,’’ and now he’ll be closer to the studio while remaining just as far from being a winner.

Friday became a great day for Pace the Bears. Now, double down, Ryan. See if the Jets are dumb enough to trade for Jay Cutler.

I don't know Chan keeps praising him about how he's willing to do things differently after so many years and how he plays differently after having to match up with Revis. We didn't need hindsight with this article I just thought it was even more ridiculous with it.

Brandon is not a bad guy, he is a person with mental illness. I suspect the NFL in it's testosterone, adrenaline fueled culture, is not comfortable or outright disbelieves that someone cannot have full control over their mental state and would rather just part ways with the player than work through the issue. Brandon will still have ups and downs but he is diagnosed, on medication and will have many more positive days than negatives but he will do and say some controversial things when he is here. However I think he is worth the effort as his skills do not seem to have diminished in the slightest.

Marshall will blow a gasket.  It was the right move for the bears.  This article is spot on.

we just have to hope marshall stays calm until we have no use for him anymore.

when did he last blow a gasket?  When did he blow a gasket in Chicago?  The article is nonsense.  But you endorse it.  Shocking

when did he last blow a gasket?  When did he blow a gasket in Chicago?  The article is nonsense.  But you endorse it.  Shocking

marshall has been a maniac everywhere he has been.  What r u trying to argue?  

Its ok.  It doesnt mean we cant like him.  So far hes been great for us.  But history tells us he will cause an issue and be sent packing when if or when things go south.

why do u people get so offended when there is anything negative written regarding the jets.  U would think this was something about ur wife.

these are grown men who dont give 2 craps about u.  Its ok if something negative is written about them.

marshall has been a maniac everywhere he has been.  What r u trying to argue?  

Its ok.  It doesnt mean we cant like him.  So far hes been great for us.  But history tells us he will cause an issue and be sent packing when if or when things go south.

why do u people get so offended when there is anything negative written regarding the jets.  U would think this was something about ur wife.

these are grown men who dont give 2 craps about u.  Its ok if something negative is written about them.

not offended.  Asked a simple question, when and how did he "blow a gasket" in Chicago?  Has nothing to do with my wife, unless your constant negative attitude is brought upon by your wife.  Simple question, your asinine wife remark says it all though.

Archived