Kirk Cousins blows.

shuler82

I'm with you. I don't think he comes off like an ass in any interview I've seen. He seems to genuinely want to just play football. 

Agreed. Quite the opposite of a bad guy; seems like a good guy befuddled by how this has turned out. Every good QB has a little bit of arrogance. 

Is RG III this bad? I mean I know his welcome is worn out, but I think he's better than cousins

Doesn't matter.  Redskins can't afford putting him on the field and risking him suffering a season-ending injury.  If he does, the injury clause in his contract kicks in and guarantees him the $16M next season.  RG3 is essentially a lame duck, deactivated every Sunday, with Colt McCoy as the only alternative to Cousins.  It's a mess.

He has to be because anyone who has watched these two play and possesses a brain would easily conclude that RGIII is clearly a superior football player.

I've literally never seen Cousins play even close to halfway mediocre. He's that bad. 

I know he's allegedly had some good games but every time I watch the guy he is so bad that 2012 Mark Sanchez would be a major improvement for him. 

They both have thrown 23 career interceptions. RGIII has thrown 600 more passes. That's the equivalent of playing an entire season, throwing 37.5 times a game without throwing a single pick. 

Cousins TD/INT: 21/23

RGIII TD/INT: 40/23

Completion percentage:

Cousins: 61.1 which is astonishing because based on what I've seen I would have guessed mid-50s at best.

RGIII: 63.9

It's not even close. Either RGIII is the world's biggest a$$hole or Jay Gruden is a total incompetent. 

RGIIIs numbers are heavily heavily skewed by his OROY numbers, before injuries and teams completely and I mean completely figured out how to shut RGIII down. Cousins is sucky but he is sadly a better option than RGIII who is also a malcontent and lazy.

RGIIIs numbers are heavily heavily skewed by his OROY numbers, before injuries and teams completely and I mean completely figured out how to shut RGIII down. Cousins is sucky but he is sadly a better option than RGIII who is also a malcontent and lazy.

No he's not. Did you watch the game last night? Cousins is literally one of the worst NFL QBs I've ever seen. His arm makes Pennington's look lively. 

RGIII completed almost 70% of his passes last year. The team around him was terrible. Cousins was so bad last year he got badly outplayed by Colt McCoy who is essentially a dwarf in a football player costume. 

Doesn't matter.  Redskins can't afford putting him on the field and risking him suffering a season-ending injury.  If he does, the injury clause in his contract kicks in and guarantees him the $16M next season.  RG3 is essentially a lame duck, deactivated every Sunday, with Colt McCoy as the only alternative to Cousins.  It's a mess.

Then they should do him a favor and cut him so he can catch on with another team. Holding onto him when they have no intention of playing him is mean-spirited. 

Then they should do him a favor and cut him so he can catch on with another team. Holding onto him when they have no intention of playing him is mean-spirited. 

Very true, but that's where Dan Snyder comes in.  He's pretty much the only one in the organization who still wants RG3 around.  It's the whole "honoring a sunken cost" thing.  They spent 3 first rounders to get him.  Snyder doesn't want to just cut him after all that because of his ego and because of how heavily they invested in him. 

Also from a financial perspective I think if they cut him they end up dealing with $6.7M in 2015 dead money, with no real cap savings.  They only have $7.3M in cap space currently, so if they ever needed to make any other moves midseason they'd have basically no cap space to do anything.  So I'm not even sure if it makes sense financially to cut him until after the season (I could be totally wrong on this though, someone with more knowledge of how that works would have to explain it).  And of course no one wants to trade for him and be on the hook for $16M next year. 

Very true, but that's where Dan Snyder comes in.  He's pretty much the only one in the organization who still wants RG3 around.  It's the whole "honoring a sunken cost" thing.  They spent 3 first rounders to get him.  Snyder doesn't want to just cut him after all that because of his ego and because of how heavily they invested in him. 

That guy is the worst owner ever. Just a total incompetent. 

Please explain in detail as to why you think he's bad. He has a solid arm and has made some pretty nice throws. His downside seems to stem from experience. He's barely played and has constantly been dealing with the RGIII. He's making bad decisions LIKE ANY AND EVERY YOUNG QB. How many times did he have passes dropped or fumbled into the endzone. I swear people who have jumped on this Kirk COusins sucks wagon is only listening to media and expecting the dude to come out with 500 yards 6 TDs and a perfect rating.Typical NY expectations...

I already mentioned that he kept throwing behind guys limiting any YAC potential. He underthrew, and sometimes failed to even see, a wide open Jordan Reed.

Here is one more reason that NOBODY has mentioned.   He can't throw to his left!!  In fact, he barely even looks to his left!  A defense only has to cover 2/3 of the field with Cousins.

He blows.

No he's not. Did you watch the game last night? Cousins is literally one of the worst NFL QBs I've ever seen. His arm makes Pennington's look lively. 

RGIII completed almost 70% of his passes last year. The team around him was terrible. Cousins was so bad last year he got badly outplayed by Colt McCoy who is essentially a dwarf in a football player costume. 

He's not on my wish list, but I think he just had a bad game. At least by the numbers, he's always been very hit or miss. Usually miss. But just enough of a tease here & there for a team to ruin itself by putting its faith into him.

Please explain in detail as to why you think he's bad. He has a solid arm and has made some pretty nice throws. His downside seems to stem from experience. He's barely played and has constantly been dealing with the RGIII. He's making bad decisions LIKE ANY AND EVERY YOUNG QB. How many times did he have passes dropped or fumbled into the endzone. I swear people who have jumped on this Kirk COusins sucks wagon is only listening to media and expecting the dude to come out with 500 yards 6 TDs and a perfect rating.Typical NY expectations...

Cousins can't read a defense to save his life he's not good.  And I've been saying he's terrible for years.

wow, didnt know this. Mess is an understatement

Thanks to Kirk Cousins Giants fans are wearing Giants hats and shirts in public again,when they lose they go into hiding. 

There still is this ongoing situation though-http://www.theonion.com/article/giants-move-tom-coughlin-assisted-coaching-facilit-51324

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ—Saying that they held off taking such a drastic step for as long as they could, officials from the New York Giants confirmed Wednesday that the team had made the difficult decision to move head coach Tom Coughlin into an assisted-coaching facility. “We know Tom likes his independence, but ultimately we had no choice—at least this way he won’t have to completely stop what he loves doing while still getting the proper supervision and attention he needs,” said offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo, adding that he was hopeful the 69-year-old Coughlin would grow to appreciate the center’s many amenities, including trained staff on-site 24 hours per day ready to help residents read playbooks, review game film, and manage the clock during the fourth quarter. “We all knew this day would eventually come, and even though he was definitely a little hesitant about it, we think it’s for the best. Honestly, it’s a huge relief knowing that there are caretakers always around just in case, God forbid, something awful happens when Tom is trying to call some plays in the middle of a game.” Sources at the facility later confirmed that Giants quarterback Eli Manning has thus far been the only player to have visited Coughlin.

Archived