It's only Gary Myers so it shouldn't bother me but it did

AFJF

Listening to Philly radio on the drive in this morning and they played a clip of an interview they did with Myers.  They asked him if the Jets were for real and his response was that they're "an ordinary team that plays pretty good defense" and then continued "Let's be serious here, they have Ryan Fitzpatrick at quarterback".

The guy is a joke and I don't usually care about what he says, but I think it bothered me because he took the time to trash the Jets on a Philly station. 

Knowing how much these particular hosts hate Sanchez, I called in to remind them that this defense is better than the one Sanchez took to the AFCCG and that Ryan Fitzpatrick is better than Sanchez by every statistical measure so this team is not currently being overrated IMO.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening to Philly radio on the drive in this morning and they played a clip of an interview they did with Myers.  They asked him if the Jets were for real and his response was that they're "an ordinary team that plays pretty good defense" and then continued "Let's be serious here, they have Ryan Fitzpatrick at quarterback".

The guy is a joke and I don't usually care about what he says, but I think it bothered me because he took the time to trash the Jets on a Philly station. 

Knowing how much these particular hosts hate Sanchez, I called in to remind them that this defense is better than the one Sanchez took to the AFCCG and that Ryan Fitzpatrick is better than Sanchez by every statistical measure so this team is not currently being overrated IMO.

Tell 'em Steve-Dave!

You are so deluded when it comes to Mark Sanchez its almost at the truly bizarre levels.

I am realistic about Mark.  The delusion comes from those that continually bash him.

that is funny.  Fitz is much better than Sanchez.  Always was.

yep, he's always been great never getting close to the playoffs.  it boggles my mind how Jet fans will bash a guy that helped us get close to the SB and back a guy that has never done anything for us.

I bet you think Rivers was better than day, right?

No need to divert...Sanchez was horrible. 

Based on your logic, the Jets are idiots for going with Fitzpatrick while Tim Tebow is still available.  That dude has a playoff win and Fitz doesn't.

No need to divert...Sanchez was horrible. 

Based on your logic, the Jets are idiots for going with Fitzpatrick while Tim Tebow is still available.  That dude has a playoff win and Fitz doesn't.

I took the bait, my fault.  no way any person that follows football could think Mark was horrible that day.  I apologize for engaging.

I took the bait, my fault.  no way any person that follows football could think Mark was horrible that day.  I apologize for engaging.

Like I said man, most impressive 100 yd performance in history....even managed to complete more than half of his passes at 52%...take that Tom Brady!

Now, when do we go get Tebow?

Well then why couldn't we be the Worst of the Best?

Many people seem to think that.  We're the worst 2-0 team even though the Panthers got their wins against bad QB teams (Jacksonville, Houston) and the Cowboys don't have their QB or top receiver.  Meanwhile we have a + 34 point differential.

Not a fan of Gary Myers - nor did I hear the interview - but if I'm basing it on the highlighted quote.  He's right.  That's exactly what the Jets are right now.  A top 10 defense with a bottom 10 QB...

Not a fan of Gary Myers - nor did I hear the interview - but if I'm basing it on the highlighted quote.  He's right.  That's exactly what the Jets are right now.  A top 10 defense with a bottom 10 QB...

That's the thing...his comment and tone would have you believe the Jets defense is slightly above average "they play pretty good defense"...pretty good?  I'd disagree.

you just don't have a clue.  you are the average fan that needs to see 300 yd games in order for a QB to have a good game. 

Again, why no Tebow?  He's got a playoff win.  His fantasy stats are terrible but he's a winner, right?

I know its small sample size, but Fitzpatrick is currently 11th in QBR and 8th in DVOA.  Last year he was 22nd and 13th in those 2 categories, respectively.  That's not a bottom 10 QB.  He's better than Cousins, Tyrod, Claussen, Carr/McGloin, Bortles, Hoyer/Mallett, Manziel/McCown, Foles, Weeden, Bradford, and at this moment Winston.  And currently fans of the Chiefs, Lions, Vikings and Ravens can't be too pleased with the play of Alex Smith, Stafford, Bridgewater or Flacco right now either.

You can do a lot better than Fitzpatrick for sure.  But you can also do a lot worse. 

Oh yeah and one other thing....

What the hell has Sam Bradford done in his career other than get hurt ?

Meh, he gets the benefit of the doubt because no. 1 overall pick, rookie of the year IIRC, terrible supporting cast, and 14 TD 4 INT last season before getting hurt (again).  Consensus seems to be that he can produce if healthy.  So far, not really.

Again, why no Tebow?  He's got a playoff win.  His fantasy stats are terrible but he's a winner, right?

you see everything as black and white.  Fitz has had numerous chances to at least help a team into playoff contention and has never done so.  Tebow had a fluky run where 8-8 won a division.

you see 100 yds and think a QB was bad, never mind the multiple big plays he made in that game- a rookie on the road against a heavily favored SD team that was the hottest in the conf and the SB favorite.  100 yds and he sucked! never mind we got a double digit lead and tried to run out the clock.  everything is black and white, every game the same when you look only at a stat sheet.

I know its small sample size, but Fitzpatrick is currently 11th in QBR and 8th in DVOA.  Last year he was 22nd and 13th in those 2 categories, respectively.  That's not a bottom 10 QB.  He's better than Cousins, Tyrod, Cutler/Claussen, Carr/McGloin, Bortles, Hoyer/Mallett, Manziel/McCown, Foles, Weeden, Bradford, and at this moment Winston.  And currently fans of the Chiefs, Lions, Vikings and Ravens can't be too pleased with the play of Alex Smith, Stafford, Bridgewater or Flacco right now either.

he hasn't been good through 2 games, he single handedly kept Indy in that game the other night.  I don't care what the #s say w/ this ultra talent offense he has to throw the ball to.

Archived