It's only Gary Myers so it shouldn't bother me but it did

AFJF

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Volunteered to not start in the NFL?  Not sure I want a QB who goes to a place where he might hopefully get on the field as opposed to signing with any of the other 29 teams who were begging him to come play and start for them.

he was offered a nice deal to stay in a place he was comfortable before the start of FA.  he like it under Chip and in Philly and chose to stay.

Kirk Cousins completed 61% of his passes last night and threw for over 300 yds, did he have a good game?

Nope, they were both terrible, but Sanchez had a defense that could make up for it.

I caught the very end of it Glenn, it was Sid Cokeheadberg who did the interview from down in his lair of banishment; WQAM Miami. Gary Myers and Sid were both feeling their oats because their beloved Giants finally won a game and couldn't WAIT to put the Jets down, "well who'd they beat? The Browns and the struggling Colts and are catching the Eagles in disarray" So IOW, no team that the Jets beat can be any good or worthy because why? The Jets can beat them so they HAVE to be crap-doesn't matter that one tean was in the AFCCG last year and this week's opponents were a Super Bowl pick by a lot of the experts. Then they went off on a Tom Brady has done it ALL and by himself while every other QB who ever won a SB has had Hall Of Famers around him...but NOT mighty Tom. What ball washers they ALL are.

Many people seem to think that.  We're the worst 2-0 team even though the Panthers got their wins against bad QB teams (Jacksonville, Houston) and the Cowboys don't have their QB or top receiver.  Meanwhile we have a + 34 point differential.

we are actually ranked higher in the power poll (#7) above a couple of other 2-0 teams.  Panthers are one of them.

I caught the very end of it Glenn, it was Sid Cokeheadberg who did the interview from down in his lair of banishment; WQAM Miami. Gary Myers and Sid were both feeling their oats because their beloved Giants finally won a game and couldn't WAIT to put the Jets down, "well who'd they beat? The Browns and the struggling Colts and are catching the Eagles in disarray" So IOW, no team that the Jets beat can be any good or worthy because why? The Jets can beat them so they HAVE to be crap-doesn't matter that one tean was in the AFCCG last year and this week's opponents were a Super Bowl pick by a lot of the experts. Then they went off on a Tom Brady has done it ALL and by himself while every other QB who ever won a SB has had Hall Of Famers around him...but NOT mighty Tom. What ball washers they ALL are.

I think that was a different interview because this is one that they played a clip of from earlier in the week.  Either way, Myers is intolerable.

Nope, they were both terrible, but Sanchez had a defense that could make up for it.

ohhhh so Mark did nothing to help his team win, it was all that "elite" Defense and run game so come they couldn't reach the playoffs w/ a future HoF QB, easier sched and no Brady to worry about the year before Mark got there?

we are actually ranked higher in the power poll (#7) above a couple of other 2-0 teams.  Panthers are one of them.

Oh I know, I think the majority of football analysts/writers/etc think we're pretty solid.  But there's still enough people out there who will just say "Ryan Fitzpatrick is the Jets QB" as if that's something no one is aware of. 

ohhhh so Mark did nothing to help his team win, it was all that "elite" Defense and run game so come they couldn't reach the playoffs w/ a future HoF QB, easier sched and no Brady to worry about the year before Mark got there?

He did just enough to not lose...I wonder if there's a wing in Canton for guys like that.  A mediocre QB would likely have gotten much better results.  Wins are a team stat, the Jets needed monumental efforts from their defense and running game on a regular basis because Sanchez was horrible.  Why in the world do you think they limited him to 15 passes against the Bengals?  They took every possible precaution to not let him lose games for them and they were wise to do so.

He did just enough to not lose...I wonder if there's a wing in Canton for guys like that.  A mediocre QB would likely have gotten much better results.  Wins are a team stat, the Jets needed monumental efforts from their defense and running game on a regular basis because Sanchez was horrible.  Why in the world do you think they limited him to 15 passes against the Bengals?  They took every possible precaution to not let him lose games for them and they were wise to do so.

so why couldn't we win w/ Favre? 

limited him? he was near flawless against Cincy in his FIRST career playoff start, he had 3 incompletions and 2 were drops(including one that would have been a 50 yd TD).  he threw 15 times b/c we got a lead and played conservative but he tore Cincy apart that afternoon. 

do you guys actually watch the games?

did you know Peyton Manning had almost 300 yds in the SB 2 years ago? man he must have been great that day!

I wish I would take the time to figure out how to post a gif on this board.  There is a Cherry Picker gif on the interwebs with your name all over it :)

you are looking at meaningless #s, Sanchez made a million big plays for us.  sure he had some clunkers thrown in there too but he was outstanding in postseason and led a million late game comebacks. 

w/ similar talent, a weaker sched and NO Brady a future HOFer couldn't even get us to the playoffs the year before Mark.

Millions of big plays?   In 4 of the 6 playoff games that are his career makers he threw for less than 200 yards.  His avg for those 6 playoff games was 193 yards.

I view your love of Sanchez and Rex as follows.  You are a man in desert dieing of thirst  (The jets lack of success for years.)  You get close to an oasis filled with cool water and naked nymphs.  But you don't quite get there, however you are offered a nice cool glass of urine with ice cubes in it.  You drink it back and go...ahhhhhhhh how refreshing and I almost made it to the oasis!  Forever after you extol the virtues of nice cold glasses of pee becasue that is the closest you have been to the oasis and becasue cold pee is better than nothing.  But it's still pee.

limited him? he was near flawless against Cincy in his FIRST career playoff start, he had 3 incompletions and 2 were drops(including one that would have been a 50 yd TD).  he threw 15 times b/c we got a lead and played conservative but he tore Cincy apart that afternoon. 

I'll be at the game on Sunday...I'll send your love to Mark, my seats should be close enough to the Eagles bench for him to hear me.

I wish I would take the time to figure out how to post a gif on this board.  There is a Cherry Picker gif on the interwebs with your name all over it :)

just making a point for all the fantasy stat lovers.  you don't need to have great fantasy #s to have a good game.

Millions of big plays?   In 4 of the 6 playoff games that are his career makers he threw for less than 200 yards.  His avg for those 6 playoff games was 193 yards.

I view your love of Sanchez and Rex as follows.  You are a man in desert dieing of thirst  (The jets lack of success for years.)  You get close to an oasis filled with cool water and naked nymphs.  But you don't quite get there, however you are offered a nice cool glass of urine with ice cubes in it.  You drink it back and go...ahhhhhhhh how refreshing and I almost made it to the oasis!  Forever after you extol the virtues of nice cold glasses of pee becasue that is the closest you have been to the oasis and becasue cold pee is better than nothing.  But it's still pee.

you do understand that you don't have to throw for high yardage totals or even put up big #s to have good games, right?

you do know his worst playoff game he had his highest yardage total(pssst it's b/c we were trailing big and he had to throw more- that is usually who has more yds in playoff games).

Why couldn't we win with Favre?  Mangini's defense got manhandled down the stretch, couldn't stop the run to save their lives, and Favre's arm was shot.  Did you seriously not know that?  Sounds like you're the one who didn't watch the games.

I'll be at the game on Sunday...I'll send your love to Mark, my seats should be close enough to the Eagles bench for him to hear me.

I will be there and if he enters the game I will not boo like the rest of the nitwits at the stadium.  I appreciate what he did for my team.

Why couldn't we win with Favre?  Mangini's defense got manhandled down the stretch, couldn't stop the run to save their lives, and Favre's arm was shot.  Did you seriously not know that?  Sounds like you're the one who didn't watch the games.

yeah it was Mangini's D not the awful O led by favre.  Mangini's D gave us our only win by SCORING a TD in the final mins to beat a bad Buffalo team or we don't have the one lonely win in dec to keep playoff hopes alive.

I will be there and if he enters the game I will not boo like the rest of the nitwits at the stadium.  I appreciate what he did for my team.

I appreciate what my team was able to do despite him.

Archived