It's only Gary Myers so it shouldn't bother me but it did

AFJF

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clayton can ball. You don't believe me? You think I'm trying to make it up? You think I'd try to pass a story off because I'm involved? Then challenge Clayton to a game of ball one on one. CHALLENGE HIM! Alight? And make sure your peoples is there to see the game. Because you might get embarrassed. Trust me.

Shirts versus Slayer t-shirts?

if we don't convert that 3rd down the Greene run doesn't happen.  not every big play is a TD or some long pass play.  there are subtle big plays such as that one and one earlier which set up the punt that we downed inside the 5 leading to Rivers' awful INT that set up our 1st TD.

The best QB on the field that day was mark sanchez.  Rivers made the big mistakes, rookie Mark did not.

Just that simple. Like Rivers wouldn't have been aided by a 53 yard TD run, or taking over a drive on the Jets' 16 yard line? Like Sanchez would have had the same game if his line was giving him less time and if his RBs were getting 2 yards per carry?

If you want to make an oversimplified apples to apples comparison, first be sure that you're not comparing apples to oranges.

For crying out loud he's the EAGLES BACKUP QB. We play the Eagles. He is the enemy. He was a lowly-ranked QB who was somewhat less lowly for a few games when everything else fell just right, and when things weren't falling just right he went back to being lowly trash again. I didn't say he had no ability or no talent. But he was a bad QB and still no one wants him to be their starter years later when he should be in his prime. 

Let it go. He's not a NY Jet.

Are you kidding me - you first list just shows how bad depth is at the QB position today.

And that hurts my point how?  People seem to think rolling Fitzpatrick out there is a bad thing.  It gets so, so much worse.  When you find us an Aaron Rodgers off the QB tree please let us know.

Still waiting indeed...now that he's on a decent team he may get his first shot.  Not every QB is as lucky as Sanchez.

Sure but most bash Geno and his band of offensive superstarshe's worked with so far , but poor Fitzy never played on a decent team. The double standards here are hysterical.

Just that simple. Like Rivers wouldn't have been aided by a 53 yard TD run, or taking over a drive on the Jets' 16 yard line? Like Sanchez would have had the same game if his line was giving him less time and if his RBs were getting 2 yards per carry?

If you want to make an oversimplified apples to apples comparison, first be sure that you're not comparing apples to oranges.

For crying out loud he's the EAGLES BACKUP QB. We play the Eagles. He is the enemy. He was a lowly-ranked QB who was somewhat less lowly for a few games when everything else fell just right, and when things weren't falling just right he went back to being lowly trash again. I didn't say he had no ability or no talent. But he was a bad QB and still no one wants him to be their starter years later when he should be in his prime. 

Let it go. He's not a NY Jet.

Sanchez didn't give the jets the ball on the 16 like Rivers gave Sanchez. 

outside of that Greene run our Rbs averaged 3.2 YPC the rest of the game.  if he didn't have those bad TOs or if he could have eld O to more pts earlier maybe LT breaks one later in the game like Greene did?

I am rooting against him this week, I hope we kill Philly and if he comes in I hope he plays like he did vs. AZ in 2012 but that doesn't take away what he did for us.

You are delusional.

How so?  The moment the Ravens handed Flacco huge franchise QB coin they started a decline.  Wonder why?  Maybe because, much like Mark Sanchez, the minute you invest heavily in a QB who ranges somewhere between average and terrible, you stop winning, because you can't surround him with perfect talent.  Luckily I think the Ravens can figure it out because they have Newsome and Harbaugh, but what are they going to do when they owe Flacco $28M next season?  Even with the cap going up they'll be losing more people.

When it comes to Stafford, people have said for years that all it would take to make our bad QB's look good is to hand them a Megatron.  Well, Stafford HAS a Megatron (and they also invested in guys like Golden Tate and Eric Ebron) and he still isn't any good.  These are the range of QB's who are only a little better than Fitz, yet teams are investing mega-dollars in them because of how bad the QB market is. 

Jets first four drives against the Chargers were 3 and outs for a total of 11 yards.  How many defenses could survive that?  Throwing the ball is never easy when you have 170 yards rushing.  I mean, teams are stacking the box!

outside of the Greene run our RBs averaged 3.2 YPC that game but yeah the run game was rolling.

the D was great that day, the #1 reason we won.  I never said otherwise but to act like Mark played no role or that he wasn't good b/c he threw for only 100 yds shows a lack of understanding of this game.

And that hurts my point how?  People seem to think rolling Fitzpatrick out there is a bad thing.  It gets so, so much worse.  When you find us an Aaron Rodgers off the QB tree please let us know.

So we found ourselves the best of the backups.  Its like getting the best running Kcar - it still is hot garbage.

Sure but most bash Geno and his band of offensive superstarshe's worked with so far , but poor Fitzy never played on a decent team. The double standards here are hysterical.

Fitz throws more TD's than INT's and Geno doesn't.  Wins are a team stat, not a QB stat.  More TD's and fewer turnovers will generally mean more points which means increased chance to win.  I like when the Jets win.

So we found ourselves the best of the backups.  Its like getting the best running Kcar - it still is hot garbage.

It's early, but so far, the best back-up looks better than the worst starter ever did.  Improvement...I'll take it.

How so?  The moment the Ravens handed Flacco huge franchise QB coin they started a decline.  Wonder why?  Maybe because, much like Mark Sanchez, the minute you invest heavily in a QB who ranges somewhere between average and terrible, you stop winning, because you can't surround him with perfect talent.  Luckily I think the Ravens can figure it out because they have Newsome and Harbaugh, but what are they going to do when they owe Flacco $28M next season?

When it comes to Stafford, people have said for years that all it would take to make our bad QB's look good is to hand them a Megatron.  Well, Stafford HAS a Megatron (and they also invested in guys like Golden Tate and Eric Ebron) and he still isn't any good.  These are the range of QB's who are only a little better than Fitz, yet teams are investing mega-dollars in them because of how bad the QB market is. 

last I checked they were in the div rd a year ago and very close to reaching another championship game.  just b/c they are 0-2 this year doesn't mean they will continue to struggle.  Flacco has missed postseason one time in his career.

Except Fitz has been average and Geno has been terrible.  If Fitz produced on Geno's level, you'd have a point.  It's nice to have a QB who has more TD's than picks.

How so?  The moment the Ravens handed Flacco huge franchise QB coin they started a decline.  Wonder why?  Maybe because, much like Mark Sanchez, the minute you invest heavily in a QB who ranges somewhere between average and terrible, you stop winning, because you can't surround him with perfect talent.  Luckily I think the Ravens can figure it out because they have Newsome and Harbaugh, but what are they going to do when they owe Flacco $28M next season?  Even with the cap going up they'll be losing more people.

Please these QB's are not just a little better than Fitz. QB's in that range don't play for 6 different NFL teams . I agree the QB market is bad and Fitz is one of the better backups that's all.

Please these QB's are not just a little better than Fitz. QB's in that range don't play for 6 different NFL teams . I agree the QB market is bad and Fitz is one of the better backups that's all.

When Stafford didn't have Calvin Johnson for the most of last season, he was the 21st ranked QB by DVOA.  Even WITH Calvin this year, he's currently 18th.  That's what we call an average QB right there.  He's only better than Fitz because of his arm strength.  That's the only characteristic that gives him a higher ceiling. 

Major difference is we're not paying Fitz $17.7M to be average, like the Lions are.  We're paying Fitz $3.3M on a 1-year deal.  And here we are at 2-0 (+ 34 net points), while the Lions are 0-2 (- 15 net points).  Small sample size, I know.  But still.

When Stafford didn't have Calvin Johnson for the most of last season, he was the 21st ranked QB by DVOA.  Even WITH Calvin this year, he's currently 18th.  That's what we call an average QB right there.  He's only better than Fitz because of his arm strength.  That's the only characteristic that gives him a higher ceiling. 

didn't they make the playoffs though? wasn't he making plays to win games?  I happen to think he's overrated but he's still light years better than Fitz.

Have any of you considered the possibility that maybe Mark Sanchez spends his spare time on the Internet telling people how much he appreciates nyjunc? No? You haven't? Didn't think so.

with the amount of gushing nyjunc does over sanchez I've considered that sanchez spends his spare time nailing nyjunc in the ass

Sanchez didn't give the jets the ball on the 16 like Rivers gave Sanchez. 

outside of that Greene run our Rbs averaged 3.2 YPC the rest of the game.  if he didn't have those bad TOs or if he could have eld O to more pts earlier maybe LT breaks one later in the game like Greene did?

I am rooting against him this week, I hope we kill Philly and if he comes in I hope he plays like he did vs. AZ in 2012 but that doesn't take away what he did for us.

Taking away the game-changing, game-winning TD run is ludicrous. If Greene had a 50 yard gainer to the 1 and then fumbled the goal line carry away, THEN you could make such a silly claim. That said:

There is literally no one here who believes you will be rooting against Sanchez this week. Even if you won't admit it, or won't admit it to yourself, it is clear you will only be rooting for the Jets unless Sanchez is inserted as Philly's QB. Or at best, you wish the Jets eke out a lucky win despite Mr. Wonderful coming in and badly outplaying Fitzpatrick and Bradford. 

A lifelong Jets fan such as yourself should want an ex-player, who we cut with good reason, to suffer endless failure elsewhere -- even greater failure than he personally had here. You should want to see reinforcement that we made the correct decision, not that we made the wrong one so you could gloat. We know this is not the case, though.

I will be teaching Appropriate Fan Behavior 101 in the spring semester. Upon completion you will be as good a fan as I am. 

with the amount of gushing nyjunc does over sanchez I've considered that sanchez spends hia spare time nailing nyjunc in the ass

The reality is I don't gush, I speak about him realistically.  you guys pretend like he's the worst QB to ever line up under C, I speak about him as an average QB that elevated his play in bog moments and big games.

Major difference is we're not paying Fitz $17.7M to be average, like the Lions are.  We're paying Fitz $3.3M on a 1-year deal.  And here we are at 2-0 (+ 34 net points), while the Lions are 0-2 (- 15 net points).  Small sample size, I know.  But still.

Ok here we go again looking at the skill players  when it suits your point. Take a look at what Geno had to work with in comparison to Fitz. Put Fitz on the 2013/2014 Jets and we might have been able to draft that #1 QB. 

Except Fitz has been average and Geno has been terrible.  If Fitz produced on Geno's level, you'd have a point.  It's nice to have a QB who has more TD's than picks.

I love this argument , throwing out both players rookie seasons . Fitz has a (3.4%) and Geno has (3.5%) interception percentages. Those stating Fitz is this uber smart ball protecting QB - are not looking at the facts.

Archived